PDA

View Full Version : Splendora vs Coldspring Predictions

rowdycrowd
09-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Just wanted to hear some predictions on the Splendora Coldspring game.

SoldierOfTroy
09-30-2003, 06:31 PM
splendora has been the darkhorse all year, but a win against the trojans could throw them in the mix for 22-3A bragging rights and possibly a playoff berth. The young trojans will be aching to prove that the cleveland loss was a fluke and the ryan bradford and the attacking trojan d will be fired up. i look of hard hits in this one with tyrel davis, leodis sparks, and taurean lagway helping to get a stuggling trojans offense rolling. but the slow, patient, methodical play of splendora will be the difference. i see the 'spring losing a close one in a defensive battle with the young trojans gaining valuable experience. splendora by 7.

rowdycrowd
10-01-2003, 06:51 AM
good luck to both teams but I'm going with splendora by 17. They're coming off of a tough loss to Liberty and I think they will come out ready to play.

mg
10-01-2003, 07:28 AM
soldier "a fluke" ?

give me a break....39 - 0 a fluke?

Once again I would like to suggest that we be respectful of all schools and attempt to be accurate. I'll be you'll agree....

RBARKER
10-01-2003, 07:43 AM
I'll go with Spendora in this one.Splendora has been hiding out this year and no one has paid them much attention. If Splendora can get by Huffman I think they will get the third spot in district. Splendora by 7

trojandad
10-01-2003, 12:57 PM
MG, you need to reread, my friend, Soldier said the Trojans would be "aching to prove that the cleveland loss was a fluke", not that the loss was a fluke.

Look guys, it's a simple as this, there are 6 3A teams in the state of Texas with two athletes on Campbell's top 300 list - Crockett, Burnet, Spring Hill, Bellville, Marlin and us, that gives nobody a ticket to a winning season but it definitely says that when University of Missouri sends several scouts to see a 1-3 team, someone knows something.

Soldier told a few things and spared everyone of a lot that's happening, but if our coach isn't going to make excuses, neither am I. If anyone here thinks Cleveland is 40 points better than us, I would like to make some wagers with you, send your business my way.

How many losing high school football teams do you see that, in the middle of that losing streak, young men that haven't played in years continue to sign up to play? Most losing streaks run kids away in disappointment. Not here. Any of you experienced football dads hear anything in that? I know you would, RBarker, the attraction of a good program FAR outweighs the bitter taste of a loss. I've said since the Hill came into our district that our goal was to have a program as quality as theirs, as we did under Coach Peveto.

When we get over this hump, with the athletes we have, the word "fluke" will probably be used the opposite direction, describing how we've started winning again. But the Barbers Hill scout at our game against Cleveland said it best when he said "I hope you guys don't get it together against us, you have a good bunch of athletes". I agree.

Trojans by a touchdown. Might be a fumblerooskie, but a touchdown. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Compudyne
10-01-2003, 01:03 PM
Splendora - 27
Coldspring - 8

booger1
10-01-2003, 01:24 PM
SoldierOfTroy:
splendora has been the darkhorse all year, but a win against the trojans could throw them in the mix for 22-3A bragging rights and possibly a playoff berth. The young trojans will be aching to prove that the cleveland loss was a fluke and the ryan bradford and the attacking trojan d will be fired up. i look of hard hits in this one with tyrel davis, leodis sparks, and taurean lagway helping to get a stuggling trojans offense rolling. but the slow, patient, methodical play of splendora will be the difference. i see the 'spring losing a close one in a defensive battle with the young trojans gaining valuable experience. splendora by 7.WOW! you actually pick the opposing team to beat you! That's your call man!

crunkandfocused
10-01-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with everyone and say Splendora - 13, Coldsprings - 21. I just have this feeling that CS is going to be coming around this week and Splendora is not going to be ready for them. Good luck to all.

mistanice
10-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Good prediction, Diboll beat Coldspring 27-8. b4 that beat Carthage 21-0, and before that beat Splendora 17-13, but after all this, lost to Willis 38-14, after having a 14-3 halftime lead. After seeing both teams already, I'd have to say the Coldspring defense is better, They are really aggressive and have some speed. Not saying Splendora has a weak defense, they're no pushover either. I'm going for the Trojans 21-14

booger1
10-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Sounds like a fellow Diboll fan on here! What's up man!

trojandad
10-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Better watch out guys, everyone will think you're as crazy as me. LOL

I saw the Carthage game with Diboll too and several friends there agreed with me that our D played a better game against you guys than Carthage did, especially when you consider that one of your TD's against us was an interception when our QB got hit, so it wasn't against the D. (yea, I know, when you're on a losing streak you look for anything, LOL).

One thing I wish I knew is where you guys get those HUGE turkey legs at. I can only find the small ones. Oh wait, this is a FOOTBALL chat board, my bad.

Hey Crunk, thanks for props, saw the Liberty-Splendora tape yesterday and you guys looked tough.

booger1
10-01-2003, 02:38 PM
trojandad:
Better watch out guys, everyone will think you're as crazy as me. LOL

I saw the Carthage game with Diboll too and several friends there agreed with me that our D played a better game against you guys than Carthage did, especially when you consider that one of your TD's against us was an interception when our QB got hit, so it wasn't against the D. (yea, I know, when you're on a losing streak you look for anything, LOL).

One thing I wish I knew is where you guys get those HUGE turkey legs at. I can only find the small ones. Oh wait, this is a FOOTBALL chat board, my bad.

Hey Crunk, thanks for props, saw the Liberty-Splendora tape yesterday and you guys looked tough.I often wonder about those "turkey legs" too! They are huge but some how Mr. Coleman gets 'em and boy are they good!

mistanice
10-01-2003, 03:49 PM
I know this isnt the Food Network website, but I dont know where they get those huge turkey legs. I never buy em cuz i know i cant eat the whole thing. thank god for nachos. But on a different note, Trojans had a pretty good d-line. Hope you guys do good the rest of the way.

mistanice
10-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Yeah im a Dibollian booger man. whats going on?!

booger1
10-01-2003, 04:29 PM
Who is this? I might know you!

rowdycrowd
10-01-2003, 05:43 PM
I happen to see the diboll splendora game and the only reason splendora gave up 17 to them is because of two blown coverages. Without splendora leaving the tightend wide open down the field on two different occasions, diboll would have only scored three points. Coldspring gave up 27. I think splendora's defense might be a little better than coldspring. Maybe not faster, but better.

trojandad
10-01-2003, 08:57 PM
If's and but's......

mistanice
10-01-2003, 09:42 PM
You tell me who you are booger, I'll tell you i graduated in 2002. What about you?

the-O-fence
10-01-2003, 09:47 PM
I think ill go with splendora by 7, just a guess.

crunkandfocused
10-01-2003, 11:43 PM
trojandad:
If's and but's......If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. :D

Wildcat81
10-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Splendora 21
Coldspring 14