Ranchview - 0

Heffelfinger
03-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Sweetwater 9 Big Spring 6

Wylie 7 Greenwood 5

slingshot
03-22-2014, 10:02 AM

Wylie 7 Greenwood 5Makes Wylie 15-2-1 and Sweetwater 15-3... and on a collision course!

regaleagle
03-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Argyle - 11
Ranchview - 0

I believe it ended up being a 5-inning 13-0 shutout combined no-hitter.

Aguilafanatico
03-22-2014, 04:57 PM
I believe it ended up being a 5-inning 13-0 shutout combined no-hitter.

You are correct. Not much fun to be honest.
Lonestar Tuesday night will be a much better test though we have been tested all year. Coach Griffin has done a good job in scheduling tough competition (mostly 4A's and 5A's) in pre-district. They haven't been overmatched by anyone this year, in any classification from what I have seen.

Cam
03-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Burnet - 5
Liberty Hill - 4

Rabid Cougar
03-23-2014, 12:47 PM
You are correct. Not much fun to be honest.
Lonestar Tuesday night will be a much better test though we have been tested all year. Coach Griffin has done a good job in scheduling tough competition (mostly 4A's and 5A's) in pre-district. They haven't been overmatched by anyone this year, in any classification from what I have seen.

Last I checked Robinson and West were 3 A.

Aguilafanatico
03-23-2014, 08:56 PM

Last I checked "mostly" meant "not all".

Phantom Stang
03-24-2014, 12:24 PM

Wylie 7 Greenwood 5

Mustangs escape early hole to beat Steers, 9-6
March 24, 2014
By
Ron Howell
sweetwatersports1@yahoo.com

The start of the Sweetwater baseball team’s District 4-3A home opener was hardly what the Mustangs wanted, as they trailed visiting Big Spring 4-0 before coming to bat in the bottom of the first inning.
But Sweetwater is 2-0 in District 4-3A — and 15-3 overall — after its 12th consecutive win as the Mus-tangs rallied to defeat the Steers, 9-6, here Friday.
Big Spring (0-2) did most of its first-inning damage on a bases-loaded triple by Brett Brorman. Sweetwater began its comeback almost immediately, however, by scoring a run in the bottom of the first — and it wasn’t long until the Mustangs had completely dug out from their four-run deficit.
After all, Sweetwater has been in much worse spots. It trailed Andrews 8-3 ear-lier this month before scoring six runs in its final at bat for a 9-8 victory. This time, Hayden Reeves (5-1) settled down quickly to get the win on the mound for the Mustangs as he pitched into the sixth inning before James Clift — in a rare relief role — got his first save of the season.
Dylan Bennett got Sweet-water’s comeback started in the first inning when he singled and advanced all the way to third on an errant throw by the Steers’ third baseman. Kaleb Hoover then hit an RBI grounder to score Bennett. Sweetwater overcame a double play in the second to cut it to 4-2 on Tyler Beasley’s RBI single, then scored two more runs in the third to tie it 4-4.
Greg Aiken hit a double to score Bennett, and J.P. Poe drew a bases-loaded walk to score Aiken. Sweetwater took a 7-4 lead with three runs in the fourth on two hits, plus a passed ball and three walks. The passed ball scored Michael Lawrence, who drew a walk to lead off the inning and went to third on Bennett’s single and a sacrifice bunt by Hoover before giving the Mustangs the lead, 5-4, on the passed ball. Aiken’s sacrifice fly scored Bennett, and Stephen May, who walked, scored to make it a 7-4 game on Hayden Reeves’ single.
The Mustangs increased their lead to 8-4 in the fifth when Beasley, who singled, went to second on a throwing error by the catcher and scored on Bennett’s single.
The Mustangs’ final run came in the sixth inning when Aiken doubled, went to third on a wild pitch and scored when Johnathan Browning, Clift’s courtesy runner, stole second.
Clift replaced Reeves on the mound in the top of the inning, and started a double play to end a Steers threat.

http://sweetwaterreporter.com/content/mustangs-escape-early-hole-beat-steers-9-6

regaleagle
03-24-2014, 06:48 PM

According to the rankings, both of those teams are ranked in the Top 10 and Argyle beat them both. Actually, Robinson(17-2) is now #6 and West(14-5) is at #13 as of this week's rankings.

Overall, I'd say there's alot of very good baseball teams out there in 3A this season, and it will be survival of the luckiest at the time it counts most. Argyle does have two Senior pitchers already committed to Big 12 teams though, and a couple of other good ones that are underclassmen.

NastySlot
03-26-2014, 05:48 PM
know it's kinda old news now but I was going through just reading news from around the state and thought some of you would like to read:

http://www.brazossports.com/baseball/article_e76a9360-b24a-11e3-922e-0019bb2963f4.html