PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7

D'Highlander
03-18-2014, 09:11 AM
I need some football in my life right now besides the Depression of the Cowboys...

When does 7 on 7 get going?
How do you expect your team to do?
Who are the teams to look out for?

cougartino
03-18-2014, 10:06 AM
I need some football in my life right now besides the Depression of the Cowboys...

Using football and Cowboys in the same sentence brings about depression.

Cam
03-18-2014, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure when it starts...sometime in July I think....but I enjoy watching 7 on 7....I know a lot of folks don't...but they're just being anal about it...."it ain't real football", "it's touch football", "7 on 7 don't mean squat", "gotta have the hogs for football", etc. etc......I don't care...it's still a game...it's competition...and I like to watch...gives me a good feel for what my team will have to offer in the aerial department.....Last year, I knew after watching 7 on 7 that our boys would have a pretty good season....and they did!.....This year I'm looking forward to it as well since all but one of our receivers will be coming back...(Darius Johnson, Joel Johnson, Cody Jones, Brock Foster, and a few others)....With QB Kiser gone, I'll be looking at our QB's to try and get a feel of what to expect.....and from what I've seen of our JV QB, I'm excited.....Burnet will be in the final mix of 7 on 7 just like last year.....and I'm pretty sure they're gonna have to be reckoned with when the "real" football starts.....

waterboy
03-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Our 7-on-7 team depends on how our new recruits...., uh, ....I mean players do. We had to replace our QB and our best receivers. We should be good, though, as usual. Good enough? Who knows...? It'll be interesting this season.

Bleed orange
03-18-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure when it starts...sometime in July I think....but I enjoy watching 7 on 7....I know a lot of folks don't...but they're just being anal about it...."it ain't real football", "it's touch football", "7 on 7 don't mean squat", "gotta have the hogs for football", etc. etc......I don't care...it's still a game...it's competition...and I like to watch...gives me a good feel for what my team will have to offer in the aerial department.....Last year, I knew after watching 7 on 7 that our boys would have a pretty good season....and they did!.....This year I'm looking forward to it as well since all but one of our receivers will be coming back...(Darius Johnson, Joel Johnson, Cody Jones, Brock Foster, and a few others)....With QB Kiser gone, I'll be looking at our QB's to try and get a feel of what to expect.....and from what I've seen of our JV QB, I'm excited.....Burnet will be in the final mix of 7 on 7 just like last year.....and I'm pretty sure they're gonna have to be reckoned with when the "real" football starts.....

7 on 7 isn't an indication of much IMO. Case in point.. Celina has won it 3x and before last year might have thrown the ball 10 times a game.

cougartino
03-18-2014, 05:00 PM
It think the smaller classifications enjoy it more because there is no spring practice.

refereedoc
03-18-2014, 07:27 PM

May is when qualifying tournaments begin. State is in July in College Station.

buckeyebob
03-18-2014, 10:04 PM
7-on-7 State Tournament sets date back in College Station
By David McNabb on January 15, 2014 6:48 pm

The 17th Annual FOX Sports Southwest 7-on-7 State Championship Tournament will be July 10-12 in Bryan-College Station, according to state 7-on-7 executive director Doug Stephens.
The State Qualifying Tournaments (SQT) will be announced in February. The top two teams from each SQT earn a berth in the 64-team fields. The 2013 tournament was played in Round Rock after the tournament’s 15-year host at Texas A&M wasn’t allowed to host under a change in NCAA rules because of a possible recruiting advantage such tournaments could give a school’s athletic program.
The 2014 tournaments will be played at public parks in B-CS.
1998 – 2006 (All teams competed in one division)
1998 - Southlake Carroll 1999 - North Mesquite 2000 - Celina 2001 - Baytown Lee 2002 - Katy Cinco Ranch 2003 - Odessa Permian 2004 - Tyler Lee 2005 - Baytown Lee 2006 - Colleyville Heritage
2007 – Present (Tournament divided into Division I & Division II)
2007 Div I: Georgetown Div II: Celina 2008 Div I: Richland Div II: Crane 2009 Div I: Round Rock Stony Point Div II: Celina 2010 Div I: Lake Travis Div II: Brownwood
2011 Div I: DeSoto Div II: Melissa 2012 Div I: Plano Div II: Celina 2013 Div I: Southlake Carroll Div II: Graham

Yoe_09
03-19-2014, 12:07 AM
Here is the SQT list: http://www.texas7on7.com/division-ii-sqt.html

I know a lot of teams will get going before this in some sort of league play. I don't remember exactly, but I think it would be later April or early May. Regardless, it is coming up pretty quick.