PDA

View Full Version : A little middle school track + video

Cam
03-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Video of Burnet Bulldogs 8th grade 1600m relay team (green shorts grey tops) comprised of:

Carlos Chavez - 1st leg (football position - RB)
Cam Jr - 2nd leg (football position - WR/DB)
Caden Floyd - 3rd leg (football postion - QB/LB)
Ian Carter - 4th leg (football position - RB/S)

They remain unbeaten!

The boys are getting better every week. Hopefully, they can improve their times as the weather warms. I believe they ran a 3:53 in this race which was 4 seconds better than the previous week. Would be nice to see them break 3:50 by district meet. We'll see.....Cam Jr actually enjoys running this race. Shoot! If I had to run it I'd pull a hammy around the first turn! Forget that crap!!..... How are some other middle school boys doing in this race out there? Any 3:40 somethings out there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylKhoL_e_QM

bobcat1
03-16-2014, 07:18 AM
Good job Cam. Proud Papa.:2thumbsup

Bleed orange
03-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Video of Burnet Bulldogs 8th grade 1600m relay team (green shorts grey tops) comprised of:

Carlos Chavez - 1st leg (football position - RB)
Cam Jr - 2nd leg (football position - WR/DB)
Caden Floyd - 3rd leg (football postion - QB/LB)
Ian Carter - 4th leg (football position - RB/S)

They remain unbeaten!

The boys are getting better every week. Hopefully, they can improve their times as the weather warms. I believe they ran a 3:53 in this race which was 4 seconds better than the previous week. Would be nice to see them break 3:50 by district meet. We'll see.....Cam Jr actually enjoys running this race. Shoot! If I had to run it I'd pull a hammy around the first turn! Forget that crap!!..... How are some other middle school boys doing in this race out there? Any 3:40 somethings out there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylKhoL_e_QM
Don't know about this year but Celina supposedly had the fastest middle school mile relay in the nation last year(3:40.5) I know 2 of the kids on that relay have already run 52 second 400 m's as freshmen.

Ernest T Bass
03-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Maybe it's due to a little embellishment on the part of Burnet folks, but I'm noticing that Burnet always seems to have outstanding JH athletes, but that talent doesn't materialize at the varsity level. Why is that?

Cam
03-16-2014, 12:39 PM
Don't know about this year but Celina supposedly had the fastest middle school mile relay in the nation last year(3:40.5) I know 2 of the kids on that relay have already run 52 second 400 m's as freshmen.

:eek:...That's impressive!....would love to see some video!....

Cam
03-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Maybe it's due to a little embellishment on the part of Burnet folks, but I'm noticing that Burnet always seems to have outstanding JH athletes, but that talent doesn't materialize at the varsity level. Why is that?

I hope I'm not embellishing...I figure video don't lie...you can take a stopwatch and double check me if you want....I think there's always some degree of talent at Burnet just like any other school for that matter. I also think really strong groups come in cycles with a few exceptions.....Obviously, Burnet was loaded back in 2002-03....and it was fixin' to be again in 2008 thru 2011...but that was when Bob sailed the ship....I've spoken of this time frame before...a lot of things happened then...obviously losing two D1 players (Ship & the McDaniel boy) was major.....but so many other boys hung it up as well...Burnet again has another window of opportunity coming up IMO....with a new AD/HC who was has been here since around 2002, and a good group of asst. coaches + good kids, it should be a lot of fun in the next few years.....let's hope it all "sticks together"!....
Just give Burnet a chance ETB....I believe it was you who said Bob told you something about Burnet "not having the tough country boys anymore".....which, if he really did say that, is a bunch of bologne!...

Cam
03-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Good job Cam. Proud Papa.:2thumbsup

Thanks bobcat1!....I am proud of my boy...more so cause of his academic accomplishments so far....I'm truly blessed to have 3 awesome kids....Folks ask me what my secret is....I'm like, "uhh...probably my tough wife who's also a tough mommy! Sure as hell ain't cause of me!"......got some great news last Thursday bobcat1!.....my oldest boy who graduates from Angelo State in May, got accepted to UT Health Science Center med school in San Antonio!......What a relief!.....He starts in August.....now we gotta find him a place to stay....thinkin' of getting an RV or travel trailer for him to live in....I'd rather pay for something I can keep than rent a home or apartment.....not sure that's a great idea though....need to investigate where we can hook one of those things up that's near the campus....anybody got any ideas I'm listenin'......

panfan
03-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks bobcat1!....I am proud of my boy...more so cause of his academic accomplishments so far....I'm truly blessed to have 3 awesome kids....Folks ask me what my secret is....I'm like, "uhh...probably my tough wife who's also a tough mommy! Sure as hell ain't cause of me!"......got some great news last Thursday bobcat1!.....my oldest boy who graduates from Angelo State in May, got accepted to UT Health Science Center med school in San Antonio!......What a relief!.....He starts in August.....now we gotta find him a place to stay....thinkin' of getting an RV or travel trailer for him to live in....I'd rather pay for something I can keep than rent a home or apartment.....not sure that's a great idea though....need to investigate where we can hook one of those things up that's near the campus....anybody got any ideas I'm listenin'......

On that side of town, there won't be much of any places to put an RV. Lots of apartments on that side of town. If you go west out 10, maybe (towards Boerne) but then again, that area has developed so much, its not likely. Out beyond the loop (1604) west of the HS center, maybe, but it will be tough. When I went to school at UTSA there was nothing out there, now its all growd up, and the Health science center is off of I-10 I believe where lots of development was already there. Good Luck and congrats to your boy.

bobcat1
03-16-2014, 08:01 PM
thanks bobcat1!....i am proud of my boy...more so cause of his academic accomplishments so far....i'm truly blessed to have 3 awesome kids....folks ask me what my secret is....i'm like, "uhh...probably my tough wife who's also a tough mommy! Sure as hell ain't cause of me!"......got some great news last thursday bobcat1!.....my oldest boy who graduates from angelo state in may, got accepted to ut health science center med school in san antonio!......what a relief!.....he starts in august.....now we gotta find him a place to stay....thinkin' of getting an rv or travel trailer for him to live in....i'd rather pay for something i can keep than rent a home or apartment.....not sure that's a great idea though....need to investigate where we can hook one of those things up that's near the campus....anybody got any ideas i'm listenin'......NICE :2thumbsup I agree it has to be from Mom. She is a Saint! Puts up with you and cracks the whip on those kids!

Cam
03-17-2014, 01:39 PM
NICE :2thumbsup I agree it has to be from Mom. She is a Saint! Puts up with you and cracks the whip on those kids!

.....actually....she puts up with the kids....and cracks the whip on me!......and she ain't no Saint!....she's a Cowboys fan!....poor gal!......:doh:

Cam
03-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Burnet 8th grade 1600m relay team (in the green) does it again and remains unbeaten in this race....but it was tougher! Lampasas move-in and stud athlete Kipshawn Washington gave Lamp a big lead in the first leg. He's a super strong kid and from what I understand, will be playing QB for Lampasas. Good for Lamp! A couple of our boys were hurtin' but they sucked it up and pulled it off. Two more meets to go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnxL5E8vjtE

Cam
03-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Burnet 8th grader Ian Carter making it look easy in the 110m hurdles. I believe he ran a 15.95 or something like that in this one. Way to go Ian!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZLTCGEszq0

YTBulldogs
03-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Burnet 8th grade 1600m relay team (in the green) does it again and remains unbeaten in this race....but it was tougher! Lampasas move-in and stud athlete Kipshawn Washington gave Lamp a big lead in the first leg. He's a super strong kid and from what I understand, will be playing QB for Lampasas. Good for Lamp! A couple of our boys were hurtin' but they sucked it up and pulled it off. Two more meets to go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnxL5E8vjtE

I think Burnet exchanged the hand off behind the far side stands. LOL. Never seen a track like this. Very impressive JH relay team right there.

44INAROW
03-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Looking good Cam - damn, that was one hell of a last leg ran by the 2nd place team.. I think I might drag out all the ole 7th and 8th grade tapes of my youngest son - that was a long time ago - those big tapes lol........ they'd win Sprint, 800M and 1600 Relay in almost every meet they went too.. sure to miss those days :(

Cam
03-24-2014, 02:57 PM
I think Burnet exchanged the hand off behind the far side stands. LOL. Never seen a track like this. Very impressive JH relay team right there.

LOL! Yeah, Burnet actually had 8 runners! 4 of em' hid under the bleachers and when it was time to go, they go'ed!......We were all wondering the same thing about the bleachers. Did they add the track first, then add a visitors side? Or was it the other way around? I think the buildings behind the bleachers did not allow the room to place the bleachers outside the track....IDK.....:vrycnfsd:...them crazy Brady folks I tell ya.......

bobcat1
03-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Good stuff Cam!

Cam
03-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Looking good Cam - damn, that was one hell of a last leg ran by the 2nd place team.. I think I might drag out all the ole 7th and 8th grade tapes of my youngest son - that was a long time ago - those big tapes lol........ they'd win Sprint, 800M and 1600 Relay in almost every meet they went too.. sure to miss those days :(

Yep!....that was Liberty Hill's "ZOOM"....I think that's what Cam Jr says they call him....he is an impressive kid....and them LH boys are all impressive.....our boys have become pretty good buds with LH kids....you can see them hangin' out throughout the track meet......ZOOM ran a 55 on that last leg!!....

YTBulldogs
03-24-2014, 03:27 PM
LOL! Yeah, Burnet actually had 8 runners! 4 of em' hid under the bleachers and when it was time to go, they go'ed!......We were all wondering the same thing about the bleachers. Did they add the track first, then add a visitors side? Or was it the other way around? I think the buildings behind the bleachers did not allow the room to place the bleachers outside the track....IDK.....:vrycnfsd:...them crazy Brady folks I tell ya.......

Where did that lead off leg from Lampasas come from? Did he do other events?

Cam
03-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Where did that lead off leg from Lampasas come from? Did he do other events?

Not sure where he came from...all I was told is that he's an Army brat....I think his dad is or was stationed at Ft. Hood in Killeen. I believe he runs the 100m and 200m as well...He wins a lot! LOL...I know one thing. At Burnet meet a few weeks back the Ornales kid from LH beat him in the 100m. That was a great race that went down to the wire.....I was also told this Lamp kid is 16 years old...not sure if that's true....but if it is, that age difference makes a big difference when going up against a 14 year old.....Still, he's gonna be a big help to Lampasas football program...The kids say he's a really good kid....Dang it, he shoulda just moved a little farther south to Bulldog country!....them Badgers ain't whoopin' them Bulldogs anytime soon!!......:D:stirpot:

It's all Greendawgs fault!.....

Cam
03-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Good stuff Cam!

Thanks bobcat1!...Man I tell ya....I feel so blessed!...I don't want my boy to grow up anymore....It's so much fun watching him compete at this age.....I just got back from his baseball game...He started the game in the lead off position and got things going by hitting a triple to the right field fence. It was a shot!...I could never hit like that!....Then in the second inning he fielded a single to center field and promptly gunned out the base runner at home plate!...Catcher made a great play by making the catch, blocking the plate, and taking a pretty good hit.....They went on to win to go 2-0. Fun stuff!!
So far:
Burnet Junior Team - 12 Wimberley - 3
Burnet Junior Team - 4 Johnson City - 2

Cam
03-31-2014, 11:03 AM
Possibly two of the best 4x4 relay teams in this area faced off last Friday night at Canyon Lake! Burnet bettered their time from previous meet by 7 seconds with a time of 3:46! Coach wasn't sure but he thought it was possibly a middle school record. I'm trying to confirm. And check out the last two horses Canyon Lake (Mountain Valley Middle School) let out of the stall! Canyon Lake finished with a 3:45!!! I believe their last leg is a kid named Joyner (spelling?). I think he is their QB and a dang good one too if that's him! He is a strong boy! Maybe someone from CL can confirm.

It's district meet time!! Too bad Burnet won't see Canyon Lake again...the boys want a rematch!...Cam Jr. was not happy with his leg...he felt he should've done better....I told him 3:46 as a team is something to be proud of...but that's what I like about him, he's never satisfied!......After the meet the boys were already talking about bettering their time at the district meet in Burnet this Friday...It's been a blast watching these boys run for sure....after Friday's meet it's all baseball for a while....

Oh, and what a beautiful area Canyon Lake is!!....Nice looking school & facilities too!....I almost went and jumped in their pool!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvddEBCuBA8&feature=youtu.be

Cam
04-06-2014, 06:16 AM
District Meet @ Burnet. Nice finish to the season! 3:47 time. Looking forward to the next 4 years! Go Dawgs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDAVfdGQpG4&feature=youtu.be

I'm going to bed now! It's 6:08 Sunday morning!!. Have not slept a wink! Got back from ER in Austin at 3:45 this morning with Cam Jr. He had spent the day celebrating a buddy's birthday at a Round Rock Express baseball game then a sleep over at buds house....... Around 11:30pm Cam Jr calls that he's got a cut on his eyelid....Turns out the boys were out playing hide & seek or something like that out at this boys country home....bad idea!!!..it's dark out there!!!....Cam Jr ran into a cedar tree!!!..Or as he claims, that tree jumped out in front of him!!..Branch whipped across his face and gave him a pretty good gash.....They did the ol' glue job (no stitches in that area of the eye).....He's lucky he didn't damage the eye......I couldn't sleep after getting back home so here I am....Cam Jr is resting comfortably.....No baseball for Cam Jr for at least 3 days.......

bobcat1
04-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Glad little Cam is okay. Nice season!

BEAST
04-07-2014, 01:33 PM
It was a good track meet. The 8th grade hurdler from Burnet was near flawless. I was proud of my son as well. Took gold in the 200m and 400m. Its been fun watching him and his buddies grow in so many ways this year. Cant wait for next year.

BEAST

panfan
04-07-2014, 02:19 PM
It was a good track meet. The 8th grade hurdler from Burnet was near flawless. I was proud of my son as well. Took gold in the 200m and 400m. Its been fun watching him and his buddies grow in so many ways this year. Cant wait for next year.
BEAST

My youngest got third in shot and 2nd in discus - not bad considering she threw with no technique what so ever, just "pressed" it out there. I'll work with her between this year and next and in 8th grade - she will do much better.

bobcat1
04-07-2014, 06:37 PM

BEASTThat's awesome Beast. Beast Jr is an up and comer!

bobcat1
04-07-2014, 06:38 PM
My youngest got third in shot and 2nd in discus - not bad considering she threw with no technique what so ever, just "pressed" it out there. I'll work with her between this year and next and in 8th grade - she will do much better.Good job Dad!

Cam
04-08-2014, 09:16 AM

BEAST

Yes it was a good meet...that hurdler is Ian Carter...I believe there's a video posted on the first page of this thread from an earlier meet....He really is good and might have a bright future in track & field....he is also part of the 4x4 team and triple jumped over 39'!!....Heck of a RB too!...I'll bet he hurdles a tackler or two in the coming years!.....BEAST JR is a BEAST BEAST!......He's tall!....Hey, were you by any chance wearing a maroon jacket and cap and carrying a stopwatch?.......

Cam
04-08-2014, 09:20 AM
My youngest got third in shot and 2nd in discus - not bad considering she threw with no technique what so ever, just "pressed" it out there. I'll work with her between this year and next and in 8th grade - she will do much better.

Awesome! :2thumbsup....LH got lots of good kids!.....

Cam
04-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Glad little Cam is okay. Nice season!

Thanks bobcat1...that's very kind of you!....Hope I'm not annoyin' folks too much with threads about the young ones....I'm just a proud dad I guess.....Personally, I'd like to see more photos/videos of everyone's kids doing their thing.....
Cam Jr stayed home yesterday....eye bothered him quite a bit..it's only half shut now and he's back to school today wearin' a gauze patch.....I was like, "do you really need that patch or are you just tryin' to get some attention from the ladies?"......He gave me a dirty look...with one eye that is!.....:D

bobcat1
04-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Not at all. I love seeing the videos. Keep 'em coming Dad

panfan
04-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Good job Dad!

Thanks! I can't wait to see what she does once she learns how to actually throw it.

panfan
04-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Awesome! :2thumbsup....LH got lots of good kids!.....
What was the final outcome of the meet?

Cam
04-09-2014, 09:47 AM
What was the final outcome of the meet?

I have no earthly idea! I know the LH girls usually dominate in 7th & 8th grade so I'm sure they won....Either Lamp or LH won the boys 8th grade....I think LH did cause what I heard was Lamp was ahead of Burnet by 7 points going into the final race (4x4)....since our boys won that race and Lamp finished 5th, I think Burnet took over 2nd place....I don't know anything about 7th boys.....I'm too busy yakin' with my neighbors so I'm not payin' attention to the announcers!.....

BEAST
04-14-2014, 07:42 AM
Yes it was a good meet...that hurdler is Ian Carter...I believe there's a video posted on the first page of this thread from an earlier meet....He really is good and might have a bright future in track & field....he is also part of the 4x4 team and triple jumped over 39'!!....Heck of a RB too!...I'll bet he hurdles a tackler or two in the coming years!.....BEAST JR is a BEAST BEAST!......He's tall!....Hey, were you by any chance wearing a maroon jacket and cap and carrying a stopwatch?.......

Yes sir I was. From the viewpoint of the videos, I wouldve been to your right about 10 yards or so.

BEAST

coach
04-14-2014, 08:08 AM
JR High Track. Aint nothing like it...

Cam
04-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Yes sir I was. From the viewpoint of the videos, I wouldve been to your right about 10 yards or so.

BEAST

....I thought I smelled ya!...:D...you're right, I was about 10 yards and a few rows above you up against the fence.....dang, I shoulda come to see ya....my apologies...guess I was just being bashful.:blush:..not only that, my wife wouldn't stop sendin' me to the concession stand....then, the conversation about "Days of Our Lives" got pretty intense between my wife, the two ladies sittin' next to us, and myself!!......I got into an argument about the characters with the grandma sittin' with us....I insisted that all the characters on this soap remind me of some sort of animal!....for example:

Sami looks kinda like Miss Piggy with that nose:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/AlisonSweeneyHeadshot.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/AlisonSweeneyHeadshot.jpg.html)

Daniel looks like a damn lion with that jaw line!:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/lion.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/lion.jpg.html)

and Lucas looks like a freakin' rabbit with those two front teeth of his!:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/rabbit.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/rabbit.jpg.html)

.....anyways, I think I finally pissed off grandma for makin' fun of the folks on Days.....when my wife took a bathroom break, grandma gave me a dirty look and told me I looked like an ass!!....
Beast, I knew I shoulda hung out with you instead!!!......:doh:

Cam
04-14-2014, 11:48 AM

...for sure!

Rabid Cougar
04-14-2014, 01:03 PM

for enduring it. :sleeping:

BEAST
04-14-2014, 03:35 PM
....I thought I smelled ya!...:D...you're right, I was about 10 yards and a few rows above you up against the fence.....dang, I shoulda come to see ya....my apologies...guess I was just being bashful.:blush:..not only that, my wife wouldn't stop sendin' me to the concession stand....then, the conversation about "Days of Our Lives" got pretty intense between my wife, the two ladies sittin' next to us, and myself!!......I got into an argument about the characters with the grandma sittin' with us....I insisted that all the characters on this soap remind me of some sort of animal!....for example:

Sami looks kinda like Miss Piggy with that nose:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/AlisonSweeneyHeadshot.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/AlisonSweeneyHeadshot.jpg.html)

Daniel looks like a damn lion with that jaw line!:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/lion.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/lion.jpg.html)

and Lucas looks like a freakin' rabbit with those two front teeth of his!:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/rabbit.jpg (http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/burnet2/media/rabbit.jpg.html)

.....anyways, I think I finally pissed off grandma for makin' fun of the folks on Days.....when my wife took a bathroom break, grandma gave me a dirty look and told me I looked like an ass!!....
Beast, I knew I shoulda hung out with you instead!!!......:doh:

LOL. Yea you shouldve come down there and we couldnt taked about the finer points of day of our lives.

BEAST