PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the atlanta rabbits (ATTN FORNEY))

surfspike
11-24-2002, 02:22 AM
I have seen both teams play. I went to the gainesville/atlanta game last week. Their were lots of things I noticed about both teams. (atl/forney) I'll give the pros and cons of Atlanta.

Pros:
1.Atlanta has speed. Their running back is quick and if the holes are there....he streaks through them.
2. Atlanta can throw the screen pass (almost always on 3rd down. did it 5 times against gainesville I believe) and is efficient at it.
3. Kicker is pretty good. Barely missed a 46 yarder. barely.
4. Defense is good at stopping the run. The line piles up quick and kills the holes. L.J. searcy can vouch for that.
5. QB Drew Stubbs (#13)can scramble and throw fairly well. With both being juniors, I give Hanie the nod here.
6. Dallas washington. This player is good, keep this guy covered! (#43 i believe)
7. Very consistent running game. (gainesville d-line looked weak.) This is what Atlanta thrived on. 5-7 yd runs.

Cons:
1. The kick off team has trouble tackling. Gainesville scored their only touchdown on the first kickoff of the game. Without this the score would have looked worse.
2. They seemed to be confused on some plays, before they call them. The players looking aimlessly around like they dont know what to do.
3. Penalties! Gainesville would have been shutout if they didnt have 2 different 15 yd face mask penalties.(and tackled in kick return) This is what got Gainesville the field goal.
4. Passing game is somewhat sloppy. The QB will throw into tight coverage. Result was the ball bouncing off the shoulderpad of the reciever and intercepted in mid-air. I saw that the QB could have had been picked at least 3 times that night, but Gainesville secondary was caught sleeping.
5. Atlanta secondary was good, but isnt anything special. They made one good play all night. (kept g-ville from the redzone) I believe there were some pass interference calls on Atlanta as well. Two of them. Both for big losses. very costly
6. The special teams made several rookie mistakes. (i.e. player calling for fair catch at the 1 yd line :o )
7. Team didnt seem to have much depth. Lots of players on offense and defense, always on the field. Tend to tire out faster.

Forney NEEDS to stop the atlanta running game. Im confident that the forney secondary can hold the atlanta passing game (i.e. wills point), but the main focus here will be FILLING THE HOLES and watching for that QB sweep draw. Other than that, Atlanta doesnt have much more offense. I can tell you one thing.....Forney O-line MUST take all of their blocks, otherwise Laury isnt going to be productive. Atlanta doesnt look that big, but they have some strength. They shut down a fairly large g-ville o-line. Forney MUST take advantage of special teams (returns). Also Atlanta coaches will try to get the defense called offsides on a 3rd down....QB is good at making the defense jump.

I cant think of much else....I'll give my prediction later this week. If anyone else has something to add, please do. :)

aamove
11-24-2002, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the info Surfspike. I hope Forney can step it up a notch for this game and two more after it.

justanopinion
11-24-2002, 12:08 PM
Thanks a bunch surfspike.

Jimbotex40
11-24-2002, 01:42 PM
nice job surfspike

surfspike
11-24-2002, 08:41 PM
yeah, btw that RB to look out for is #34 Jonathan Blaylock......this guy is GOOD.

Fahq07
11-24-2002, 11:31 PM
why not give pros and cons of forney?

Jimbotex40
11-24-2002, 11:37 PM
because he is from forney an he is not an idiot that tells everything that atlanta should do to win.

that's my best guess

Fahq07
11-24-2002, 11:52 PM
it would only be fair to the people from atlanta

surfspike
11-25-2002, 12:23 AM
i see it as with me being a spectator, I took my own time to see what atlanta was all about. If an Atlanta fan traveled to scout forney and wanted to post pros or cons whatever....more power to them. I'm a forney grad 01 and i know what its like to see the state title game. I want them to get revenge on everman or at least put some hurt on em. That alone would make this year worthwhile for me. :D

runninrabbit04
11-25-2002, 01:08 AM
good posts spike...The only 2 things I can think of for forney to improve on this week is the ground game and quarterback protection ...we were clearly airing it out more friday...i think the offensive line will be key if we are going to win this game

<small>[ November 25, 2002, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: runninrabbit04 ]</small>