PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Ware CUT

caleb_mccaig
03-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Thank God, Jerry finally had the balls to make a correct GM decision and cut DeMarcus Ware. Was he one of the all-time great Cowboys players, yes, but he was NOT worth more than $1 mil a sack last year. Now, we open up $7 mil in cap space to sign some younger guys on the cheap. Great move, the obvious road to success in the NFL now is shorter deals, with less guaranteed money. Look at SF and SEA.

bobcat1
03-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Agreed. Should have happened last year. Loved him when he was in his prime but it's time to go.

Macarthur
03-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Sad, but it was the right move.

bobcat1
03-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Now can we please get rid of "Hamstring" Austin?

Bullaholic
03-11-2014, 04:33 PM
I agree with this, also--just hope Jerry has seen the light and will try to build the Cowboys with youth like Seattle has done.

caleb_mccaig
03-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Now can we please get rid of "Hamstring" Austin?

He'll be a post June 1st cut, it's only a matter of time. Kind of sucks because we won't get the $5 mil to go towards FA, but we can use it to sign draft picks. If we keep making moves like this and with Ware and can draft 4-5 players each year that can actually contribute, then we could be in a really good place in a couple of years.

bobcat1
03-11-2014, 04:40 PM
I agree with this, also--just hope Jerry has seen the light and will try to build the Cowboys with youth like Seattle has done.You can bank on that. Jerry is a copy cat.

cougartino
03-11-2014, 04:50 PM
I hear what everyone is saying and don't necessarily disagree, but one question. Who signed him to that contract putting the team in jeopardy from the get go? :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
03-11-2014, 05:08 PM
You can bank on that. Jerry is a copy cat.

Yep---see Al Davis...:D

Roughneck93
03-11-2014, 07:16 PM
He'll be a post June 1st cut, it's only a matter of time. Kind of sucks because we won't get the $5 mil to go towards FA, but we can use it to sign draft picks. If we keep making moves like this and with Ware and can draft 4-5 players each year that can actually contribute, then we could be in a really good place in a couple of years.

Yep, he's done in Dallas....

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/3/11/5498054/report-cowboys-also-release-wr-miles-austin

bobcat1
03-11-2014, 07:58 PM
I hear what everyone is saying and don't necessarily disagree, but one question. Who signed him to that contract putting the team in jeopardy from the get go? :rolleyes:

The Registered idiot in charge

bobcat1
03-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Yep, he's done in Dallas....

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/3/11/5498054/report-cowboys-also-release-wr-miles-austinGood bye Hamstring!

Rabid Cougar
03-11-2014, 08:21 PM
You can bank on that. Jerry is a copy cat.

He won't find a Pete Carroll though.

bobcat1
03-11-2014, 10:12 PM
He won't find a Pete Carroll though.You are right. The Idiot thinks of himself as batter than all GM's and a better coach than Pete Carroll.

hookandladder
03-12-2014, 06:25 AM
I know most all Romo lovers do not want to hear it but now Jerry needs to cut his ties with him, Romo will never win a championship in Dallas.

caleb_mccaig
03-12-2014, 08:59 AM
I know most all Romo lovers do not want to hear it but now Jerry needs to cut his ties with him, Romo will never win a championship in Dallas.

What quarterback in the league is available that could carry this mediocre team farther than Romo can? I'm not a Romo lover but I'm smart enough to know that he's out best option.

Tejastrue
03-12-2014, 09:20 AM
I've said it before...they need to draft or trade for a QB that will push Romo. It may be too late at this point in his career and it is way past the time to start honing his replacement.

caleb_mccaig
03-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Romo is only 33, at this point I'd say barring any injury he will likely be a Cowboy until he's 37, maybe longer. If you draft a kid in this draft or the next one I think it would be perfect. When it's his time to take the reins then he'll be 25-26 years old, mature and will have been around the game awhile. I really think someone like Zach Mettenberger from LSU wouldn't be a bad risk. You could get him later in the draft since he's coming off the torn ACL, he had the biggest arm in the SEC and really played well his senior year.

Macarthur
03-12-2014, 10:07 AM

JJ deserves a ton of criticism, but I don't think it's fair in this case. Ware has been one of the best pass rushers in football the last decade. He was paid accordingly. The issue is that he has had a physical decline. If he had 18 sacks last year and was healthy, they would have restructured his deal and he would still be a cowboy. This is a combination of money and the Cowboys rolling the dice that Ware doesn't have much left in the tank.

cougartino
03-12-2014, 10:29 AM
JJ deserves a ton of criticism, but I don't think it's fair in this case. Ware has been one of the best pass rushers in football the last decade. He was paid accordingly. The issue is that he has had a physical decline. If he had 18 sacks last year and was healthy, they would have restructured his deal and he would still be a cowboy. This is a combination of money and the Cowboys rolling the dice that Ware doesn't have much left in the tank.

Exactly! Just like an oilman instead of a football GM.

Macarthur
03-12-2014, 10:47 AM
And as Norm mentioned today, the Ratliff contract is the one that hurt the cap situation so much and makes JJ look so bad. That contract was a major setback for the cap.

Bleed orange
03-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Ware to Denver.. 3/$30 mil