PDA

View Full Version : New 4A DI Teams

Bullaholic
03-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Which of the following new to 4A-DI teams will be the most competitive in their districts and the playoffs?

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/FB-4A-D1-2014.pdf

Sweetwater Red
03-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Poor Snyder :(

:devil::D:devil:

Bullaholic
03-11-2014, 01:03 PM

LOL. Yep-- Snyder is definitely going to have to learn how to pee in the tall grass, Red...

Rabid Cougar
03-11-2014, 01:22 PM
I still cannot believe China Spring/Waco 3-A Distirct is in Region IV. :vrycnfsd:

We are closer to Vicksburg, Mississippi; Wichita, Kansas and Clovis, New Mexico than we are to Rio Grande City.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-12-2014, 12:20 AM
I still cannot believe China Spring/Waco 3-A Distirct is in Region IV. :vrycnfsd:

We are closer to Vicksburg, Mississippi; Wichita, Kansas and Clovis, New Mexico than we are to Rio Grande City.

I was confused by that as well. Would have made more sense to send the Houston district to R4. Hey, just think of it this way. You'll easily win the region since it's so weak.

Rabid Cougar
03-12-2014, 09:41 AM
I was confused by that as well. Would have made more sense to send the Houston district to R4. Hey, just think of it this way. You'll easily win the region since it's so weak.

I would not go as far as to say that. I would be happy just to make the playoffs much less win the District/Region.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-12-2014, 11:18 AM
I would not go as far as to say that. I would be happy just to make the playoffs much less win the District/Region.

Oh come on! That's all I ever hear from you folks "up north"! Region IV is weak, etc. etc. And now you're part of it. Welcome!

HEMOTOXIC
03-12-2014, 12:33 PM

No, it would have made more sense to send District 12 to region IV. Remember, that Houston district has Sealy and Navasota. But, at the end of the day, Liberty Hill has played in all regions..

Rabid Cougar
03-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Oh come on! That's all I ever hear from you folks "up north"! Region IV is weak, etc. etc. And now you're part of it. Welcome!

Yea, I have heard all that before.

Cameron in '81. We were set to play Port Isabel in the Semi Finals in Victoria. All we had head and read about was how good PI's defense had been. That they allowed only 25 points the entire season. We scored on the first play from scrimmage and it was all but over. Cameron 25- PI 14.

China Spring, 2007. My son's team was set to play Cuero in Semi-Finals in Austin. Cuero was averaging 46 points a game. Supposed to be the "hardest game" for China Spring to date. It was 27-0 at one point. Final China Spring 37- Cuero 14.

You can understand my skepticism.

Rabid Cougar
03-12-2014, 12:46 PM
But, at the end of the day, Liberty Hill has played in all regions..

Even Region 2 ??? I can see 1,3 and 4.

maestro
03-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Will Bay City and Brazosport be reenergized??

Phantom Stang
03-12-2014, 04:14 PM

:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

panfan
03-12-2014, 04:19 PM
I cant' recall a stint in Region 2 in the last 14 years.

Phantom Stang
03-12-2014, 04:37 PM
I can see Andrews runnning the table in District 2.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-12-2014, 05:56 PM

Cameron in '81. We were set to play Port Isabel in the Semi Finals in Victoria. All we had head and read about was how good PI's defense had been. That they allowed only 25 points the entire season. We scored on the first play from scrimmage and it was all but over. Cameron 25- PI 14.

China Spring, 2007. My son's team was set to play Cuero in Semi-Finals in Austin. Cuero was averaging 46 points a game. Supposed to be the "hardest game" for China Spring to date. It was 27-0 at one point. Final China Spring 37- Cuero 14.

No need to be! You should be thrilled!!! An easy road to AT LEAST the Quarterfinals for you and any team from your district that makes the playoffs! You'll most likely be facing a district opponent in the Quarters considering how weak the rest of R4 is!

HEMOTOXIC
03-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Even Region 2 ??? I can see 1,3 and 4.

Yeah, I thought about that later.. I don't think region 2.. but, 1, 3, and 4 for sure.

panfan
03-13-2014, 08:24 AM

So does that mean CS is gonna roll everyone on their way to a deep playoff run this year?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-13-2014, 08:28 AM
So does that mean CS is gonna roll everyone on their way to a deep playoff run this year?

It should be considered a huge disappointment if they didn't. I mean, they're in Region 4 now, after all. Should be easy peasy for them. :D

panfan
03-13-2014, 08:43 AM
It should be considered a huge disappointment if they didn't. I mean, they're in Region 4 now, after all. Should be easy peasy for them. :D

We'll be looking forward to it in post district - I think in recent years, the last time LH and CS met, we lost both games, by a total margin of 4 points in both games. That was during a period of reconstruction. If they make it past Burnet, we'll be waiting!!!

Rabid Cougar
03-13-2014, 08:56 AM

Not going anywhere unless we learn how to play defense. Last year we averaged scoring 39 points a game while giving up 37 as in 79 to Connally, 35 to Lampasas, 55 to Lorena, 44 to Robinson, 43 to LaVega.

We have not been very good the past 4 years. Just .500. Really bad, ugly losses too.

caleb_mccaig
03-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Not going anywhere unless we learn how to play defense. Last year we averaged scoring 39 points a game while giving up 37 as in 79 to Connally, 35 to Lampasas, 55 to Lorena, 44 to Robinson, 43 to LaVega.

We have not been very good the past 4 years. Just .500. Really bad, ugly losses too.

Yeah, doesn't help the best player (When healthy) David Feliciano is moving or moved to Allen.

Rabid Cougar
03-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Yeah, doesn't help the best player (When healthy) David Feliciano is moving or moved to Allen.

Played the entire district schedule without him and averaged 40 points a game. He wouldn't have made much difference on defense either.

Loss of Tito hurt/will hurt worse.