PDA

View Full Version : Current status of Most Win Texas Football Coaches

Bullaholic
03-10-2014, 12:39 PM
What is the current status of some of these coaches on the "most wins" in Texas high school football list:

http://www.texasfootball.com/all-time-coaching-records/

Gone Fishing
03-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Glad to see Weldon Nelms at 45th and climbing, although a tough gig now at Weatherford.

waterboy
03-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Not on the list yet, but Jeff Traylor is fast approaching the list with a 159-26 record after only 14 seasons. He's still got a few years left, too, at only 45 years old.

Snotbubbles
03-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Not on the list yet, but Jeff Traylor is fast approaching the list with a 159-26 record after only 14 seasons. He's still got a few years left, too, at only 45 years old.

If he stay's in this new district, should get there pretty quick, and zoom up the list.

waterboy
03-10-2014, 04:45 PM
If he stay's in this new district, should get there pretty quick, and zoom up the list.

Yep, but it hasn't really mattered what district Gilmer has been placed in. Gilmer has only lost 2 districts games since 2001, if I remember correctly.

buckeyebob
03-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Your memory serves you well

Lion70
03-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Yep, but it hasn't really mattered what district Gilmer has been placed in. Gilmer has only lost 2 districts games since 2001, if I remember correctly.

but when you got into district where you didn't need help or played a big time team your team had a loss. Lot different than playing Spring Hill every game lol.

Lion70
03-11-2014, 02:29 PM
+4 Da my former coach not the best guy in the world but he could coach.

waterboy
03-11-2014, 03:42 PM
but when you got into district where you didn't need help or played a big time team your team had a loss. Lot different than playing Spring Hill every game lol.

We were in the District of Doom 4 years, losing one district game in 2 of those years. We beat the "big time team"(s) you're talking about 2 out of the 4 years. We did not lose to anybody else. That's the best anybody did the years they were in that district, with Carthage (1-1 against Gilmer) matching us the first 2 years, and Kilgore (1-1 against Gilmer) matching us the last two. I think we more than held our own. I know I will miss being in the district of doom for sure. An easier schedule does not help us prepare for big game situations, which is how the district we'll be playing in now will not help us much.

Bullaholic
03-11-2014, 03:51 PM
I was hoping to find out which of these coaches are deceased, retired and out of football completely, still coaching, serving in some other athletic capacity, or doing something not related to athletics---i.e., where are they now?

waterboy
03-11-2014, 04:04 PM
I was hoping to find out which of these coaches are deceased, retired and out of football completely, still coaching, serving in some other athletic capacity, or doing something not related to athletics---i.e., where are they now?

There's a # in front of the coaches that were still active in 2011. I know #4 Dennis Alexander is still coaching, but he's coaching 2A Troup now.

Twirling Time
03-12-2014, 12:42 AM
There's going to be some controversy when Danaher gets close to G.A. Moore. G.A.'s total doesn't reflect the entire season he had to forfeit at Pilot Point in 2004 for using an ineligible player.

Lion70
03-12-2014, 08:23 AM
We were in the District of Doom 4 years, losing one district game in 2 of those years. We beat the "big time team"(s) you're talking about 2 out of the 4 years. We did not lose to anybody else. That's the best anybody did the years they were in that district, with Carthage (1-1 against Gilmer) matching us the first 2 years, and Kilgore (1-1 against Gilmer) matching us the last two. I think we more than held our own. I know I will miss being in the district of doom for sure. An easier schedule does not help us prepare for big game situations, which is how the district we'll be playing in now will not help us much.

but those two big L were in the Doom so thats got to hurt.

waterboy
03-12-2014, 09:56 AM
but those two big L were in the Doom so thats got to hurt.

ANY loss hurts, but we played .500 against those teams. Those "big time team(s)" had the same record as we did.