PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Jasper

Hupernikomen
12-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Well you came up a little short, but you sure showed that you belong to be here again this year.

We had to play mistake free football to win and well we had a few too many mistake--especially those costly penalties that killed a couple drives, but there certainly is no shame in losing to a great team like Burnet.

I know I am already fired up for next year knowing that we are bring back so much talent. We will miss our seniors (sure feel bad for Marlon Cook not being able to contribute today but he did his part in helping us get this far).

Hats off to you for a banner year.

<small>[ December 06, 2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Hupernikomen ]</small>

sahen
12-06-2003, 05:43 PM
not to mention they showed class 3a one way that u can beat Burnet...

Hupernikomen
12-06-2003, 05:45 PM
sahen:
not to mention they showed class 3a one way that u can beat Burnet...Well we showed them one way to ALMOST beat Burnet.

Thought we would take that kickoff and drive it down the field to win it all, but it wasn't meant to be. What exactly happened on that fumble anyways? Was it a designed play to lateral the ball to the other side of the field because that is sure how Art Lay made it sound on the radio.

Hupernikomen
12-06-2003, 05:56 PM
sahen:
not to mention they showed class 3a one way that u can beat Burnet...I do agree that we showed AAA that Burnet is beatable though.

sahen
12-06-2003, 06:12 PM
thats what i meant....they showed running it and clock control is possible......yah the radio guy said it looked almost like they were gonna try the old cal/stanford band play....but surely not that w/ the amount of time left and the fact that it was tied at the time....my guess is they were just gonna lateral it once and then go....

Hupernikomen
12-06-2003, 06:30 PM
sahen:
thats what i meant....they showed running it and clock control is possible......yah the radio guy said it looked almost like they were gonna try the old cal/stanford band play....but surely not that w/ the amount of time left and the fact that it was tied at the time....my guess is they were just gonna lateral it once and then go....Whatever they were trying to do it seems like a huge risk at that point in the game and probably unwarranted..outside of that I think Jasper's coaches had almost a flawless game plan.

bearkatdad
12-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Hupernikopmen..I agree with you...Great job Jasper coaches and players..they sure gave all of us Jasper fans a great year..nothing to hang their heads about..I'm proud of them!!

Hupernikomen
12-06-2003, 10:08 PM
bearkatdad:
Hupernikopmen..I agree with you...Great job Jasper coaches and players..they sure gave all of us Jasper fans a great year..nothing to hang their heads about..I'm proud of them!!I would say they far exceeded my expectations. Sad thing is, one game I was at I heard a large group of fans talking about wanting a couple of former coaches back so they could win it all. Go figure.
I think these coaches did a tremendous job this year and the players...man who would of thought they would have been 5 mins. from making the state championship game with all the players we lost and they way we were beaten last year. I think this game truly shows we should have done so much better last year. I wasn't so sure about that before but now I am. Great job Dogs, we are proud of you.

bulldogmom2
12-06-2003, 10:13 PM
Way to go Jasper. I must say ya gave us a run for our money. It was a standing game only. What a game. I'm so glad that I was there to feel the atmosphere. Congradulations on a great season. Not ever team makes it as far as ya did.......

Hope to see you next year.... :D

marktaras
12-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Hupernikomen:

sahen:
not to mention they showed class 3a one way that u can beat Burnet...Well we showed them one way to ALMOST beat Burnet.

Thought we would take that kickoff and drive it down the field to win it all, but it wasn't meant to be. What exactly happened on that fumble anyways? Was it a designed play to lateral the ball to the other side of the field because that is sure how Art Lay made it sound on the radio.What happened was; Jasper player got popped a good one and fumbled, another Jasper player picked it up and he got popped a good one and fumbled also.

lotus67
12-06-2003, 10:24 PM
#42 nailed the return man and caused a fumble,as i saw it,another j-dog caught it and got his boat rocked too,resulting in another fumble.plenty of good hard nosed football in this one folks.great game

snowsnake
12-07-2003, 01:13 AM
What game were ya'll at? The Jasper played #10 lateraled to #7 who fumbled the ball. Unfortunate but that's what happened.

Great game Jasper Bulldogs. To all you fans out there, keep it positive. This team deserves to here the good things and recieve your respect, including the coaches. Keep your negative feelings to yourself. You will only hurt the effort next year.

GO BULLDOGS

Bulldog Fan
12-07-2003, 01:16 AM
snowsnake:
What game were ya'll at? The Jasper played #10 lateraled to #7 who fumbled the ball. Unfortunate but that's what happened.

Great game Jasper Bulldogs. To all you fans out there, keep it positive. This team deserves to here the good things and recieve your respect, including the coaches. Keep your negative feelings to yourself. You will only hurt the effort next year.

GO BULLDOGSTrue. Our kids deserve a lot of praise. They are awesome. They showed a lot of class today.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Bulldog Fan ]</small>

jdawg85
12-07-2003, 01:29 AM
What game were ya'll at? No. 10 lateralled the ball to No. 7 who never caught it. That's how it happened. I was sitting right in front of that one.

The pass interference call in the endzone on Burnet's first possession should have never been called. The ball was uncatchable by anyone on the playing field. Instead of third and goal that made it first and goal, which led to Burnet's first touchdown.

While I'm on the soapbox I had might as well say that it is very odd that the refs. seemed to have good enough eyesight to flag us for holding but weren't seeing quite as clearly when Burnet's offense was on the field. There were many holding penalties that could have been called on No. 75 alone.

These two teams were much more evenly matched than most people thought. In a game like that it's the team that's gets the breaks that comes out on top.

Good luck next weekend, Burnet!!!!!!

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: jdawg85 ]</small>

lotus67
12-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Well cry me a river, every post concerning this game is full of excuses :rolleyes: shoulda,coulda,woulda

Bulldog Fan
12-07-2003, 01:43 AM
lotus67:
Well cry me a river, every post concerning this game is full of excuses :rolleyes: shoulda,coulda,wouldaNot EVERY one.

jdawg85
12-07-2003, 01:55 AM
Lotus67, fyi I haven't shed a tear and it's because our boys played championship football today. Two great teams played a great game today. The big calls just seemed to go Burnet's way today. That's not whining, that's just fact. I was there and that's the way I saw it. Like it or not.

BHS#1
12-07-2003, 02:09 AM
What about those facemasks and other stuff on ThirdDown that kept abunch of Jasper drives alive.
And yall's linemen did alot of holding to that wasn't called. all linemen eventualy hold. when theve been out thier blocking they get tired.
But anyway it was a good hardfaught game. Yall have talent over thier in Jasper your Backs hit the hole perty quick.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

Haunta Yo
12-07-2003, 03:45 AM
"Real Bulldogs" all over the field, both green and red. Great lessons in effort, discipline teamwork, preparation and execution - BOTH TEAMS!

HornetMom
12-07-2003, 10:10 AM
Haunta Yo:
"Real Bulldogs" all over the field, both green and red. Great lessons in effort, discipline teamwork, preparation and execution - BOTH TEAMS!Well said. :)

GOFOR2
12-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Congratulations to both squads on a fine season.

Old No. 7
12-07-2003, 06:44 PM
lotus67:
Well cry me a river, every post concerning this game is full of excuses :rolleyes: shoulda,coulda,wouldaIf you really read every post, I don't think you can make that statement. There's alot of quality posts on here supporting both teams. :confused:

burnetplayer94
12-07-2003, 07:05 PM
Jasper my hats go off to the team they played a hell of a football game! keep your heads up and reach for thoes stars

Hupernikomen
12-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Old No. 7:

lotus67:
Well cry me a river, every post concerning this game is full of excuses :rolleyes: shoulda,coulda,wouldaIf you really read every post, I don't think you can make that statement. There's alot of quality posts on here supporting both teams. :confused: Don't worry about Lotus. He has been combatitive on just about every post he has made. The vast majority of Jasper's posters have done nothing but congratulate Burnet. And the vast majority of Burnet's posters have been classy by praising Jasper

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Hupernikomen ]</small>