PDA

View Full Version : Ian Kinsler

Tejastrue
03-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Can't say I'm surprised by his comments...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10544839/ian-kinsler-intends-become-elite-second-baseman-detroit-tigers-espn-magazine?src=mobile

SintonFan_inAustin
03-04-2014, 01:20 PM
:dispntd:

coach
03-04-2014, 02:06 PM
titty baby

Bullaholic
03-04-2014, 02:40 PM
From "popping up" to "popping off"...

Sweetwater Red
03-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Hey Ian, Shut up and play baseball.

Signed: Tigers fans everywhere

Seriously, I hope he gets plunked in his first at-bat against the Rangers. lol

caleb_mccaig
03-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Hey Ian, Shut up and play baseball.

Signed: Tigers fans everywhere

Seriously, I hope he gets plunked in his first at-bat against the Rangers. lol

Really wouldn't mind it, he's been the biggest doucher on this team for the last few years.

His swing for the fences and always pop-up mentality didn't make up whatsoever for his lackadaisical 13-18 errors a season.

regaleagle
03-04-2014, 07:04 PM
We have used two words for as long as I can remember in Texas....."tough ****". Probably ain't no such thing really, but that's what we say, haha.

I see they bleeped the second word, but it's the same word as doggie do-do, lol.

bobcat1
03-04-2014, 07:24 PM
titty baby
This

Tejastrue
03-05-2014, 11:49 AM
It is never a good thing to burn bridges in this manner but you have to be concerned with his attitude about the front office and how much truth there is in what he had to say about the team. I wonder if other players that have recently left Rangers share the same viewpoint.

caleb_mccaig
03-05-2014, 01:00 PM
It is never a good thing to burn bridges in this manner but you have to be concerned with his attitude about the front office and how much truth there is in what he had to say about the team. I wonder if other players that have recently left Rangers share the same viewpoint.

The way that I see it is that a GM needs to be a sleaze ball for a team to be successful. You can't be friends with the players, you're the one in charge of making the team able to compete at its highest level. Kinsler wouldn't change positions for the better of the team and let Profar get PT and so we got an opportunity to get better by trading him for Fielder. The same with Michael Young. If I owned a team and my GM wasn't getting rid of players whose production was slacking because of how long they've been there or because they're a fan favorite then I would fire that GM on the spot. The Ranger didn't owe Michael Young or Ian Kinsler anything when they started to decrease in production.

Macarthur
03-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Maybe who knows. I think Dale Hansen hit the nail on the head the other night when he said player go through Free Agency and love to talk about how it's about business, but then when the organization makes a business decision, it's then personal. Nevermind that the organization has made him extremely rich.

This is not a second guess because he is one of my least liked Rangers for the past two decades, but I am damn glad his punk ass is gone. He has always been a punk and the other teams never liked him because of it. I've never liked how he played the game. He was reckless and too relaxed much of the time. And his comments about not being a leader and just needing to worry about himself are really all that needs to be said. Good riddance.

I love Nolan as much as anyone and he pulled this franchise out of it's malaise and gave it credibility. He also helped instill some attitude, but let's make no mistake, JD build the talent in the organization.

Macarthur
03-05-2014, 01:03 PM
The way that I see it is that a GM needs to be a sleaze ball for a team to be successful. You can't be friends with the players, you're the one in charge of making the team able to compete at its highest level. Kinsler wouldn't change positions for the better of the team and let Profar get PT and so we got an opportunity to get better by trading him for Fielder. The same with Michael Young. If I owned a team and my GM wasn't getting rid of players whose production was slacking because of how long they've been there or because they're a fan favorite then I would fire that GM on the spot. The Ranger didn't owe Michael Young or Ian Kinsler anything when they started to decrease in production.

Excellent point. Contrast JD's approach to Jerry Jones, who everyone loves.

Tejastrue
03-05-2014, 01:50 PM
I don't think anyone was saying you had to be BFFs with the GM. lol

You can have all the talent in the world on paper and yet when there is no chemistry a club will falter.

I think there are many players that will tell you they want no part of being a "team leader" and some think they are when they are not even close. I agree his comment appeared quite selfish.

Roughneck93
03-05-2014, 02:35 PM
:D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/10006242_473740022726866_174872051_n.jpg

Go 'Stros!

Roughneck93
03-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Maybe who knows. I think Dale Hansen hit the nail on the head the other night when he said player go through Free Agency and love to talk about how it's about business, but then when the organization makes a business decision, it's then personal. Nevermind that the organization has made him extremely rich.

This is not a second guess because he is one of my least liked Rangers for the past two decades, but I am damn glad his punk ass is gone. He has always been a punk and the other teams never liked him because of it. I've never liked how he played the game. He was reckless and too relaxed much of the time. And his comments about not being a leader and just needing to worry about himself are really all that needs to be said. Good riddance.

I love Nolan as much as anyone and he pulled this franchise out of it's malaise and gave it credibility. He also helped instill some attitude, but let's make no mistake, JD build the talent in the organization.

Yeah his comments about leadership is what stood out to me the most.

Saggy Aggie
03-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Go Astros :)

Sweetwater Red
03-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Go Astros :)

The Tigers play a weekend series at Minute Maid Park at the end of June. I'm thinking about making it down there
to watch my Tigers AND see a "new" ball park up close.

Tejastrue
03-06-2014, 01:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/seattle-weatherman-calls-rangers--a-sinking-ship--during-on-air-blooper-163551479.html

Saggy Aggie
03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
The Tigers play a weekend series at Minute Maid Park at the end of June. I'm thinking about making it down there
to watch my Tigers AND see a "new" ball park up close.

I'm thinking about buying the package deal that the Astros have... I think it's like 25 games...