PDA

View Full Version : #1 La Vega vs. #2 Argyle: State Championship

regaleagle
03-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Okay, here we go. La Vega will be more athletic, but Argyle more disciplined. Who will execute their gameplan better? The Argyle girls are very young and may get rattled easier...we'll see. The La Vega team presses very well, and uses their speed and athleticism to close space. Argyle is an excellent passing team, but don't shoot the 3's that much. They'll try to play position basketball and force LV to overcommit or get them out of position. They'll try to force mistakes, fouls, and cause frustration. La Vega will just try to overpower and use their skills to beat you.

All the games are on Fox Sports Southwest Plus being televised all day.

Bleed orange
03-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Okay, here we go. La Vega will be more athletic, but Argyle more disciplined. Who will execute their gameplan better? The Argyle girls are very young and may get rattled easier...we'll see. The La Vega team presses very well, and uses their speed and athleticism to close space. Argyle is an excellent passing team, but don't shoot the 3's that much. They'll try to play position basketball and force LV to overcommit or get them out of position. They'll try to force mistakes, fouls, and cause frustration. La Vega will just try to overpower and use their skills to beat you.

All the games are on Fox Sports Southwest Plus being televised all day.

It's already apparent that Argyle is by far more fundamentally sound. Ill take Argyle for the win.

Bleed orange
03-01-2014, 11:53 AM
I don't know if its jitters or what but Lavega not looking very impressive .

regaleagle
03-01-2014, 12:01 PM
La Vega changed their defense and now Coach Townsend will have to call for Argyle offensive adjustments. The 2-2-1 trap defense that Argyle plays is working as well as can be expected against this LV powerhouse team. Good game so far.

Bleed orange
03-01-2014, 12:05 PM
La Vega changed their defense and now Coach Townsend will have to call for Argyle offensive adjustments. The 2-2-1 trap defense that Argyle plays is working as well as can be expected against this LV powerhouse team. Good game so far.
It's also helping that LaVega can't make a layup.

regaleagle
03-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Obviously, Argyle is outmanned by Landrum outside and DeGrate inside for La Vega. Argyle will have to take better higher percentage shots and get out on Landrum in her face.

Bleed orange
03-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Obviously, Argyle is outmanned by Landrum outside and DeGrate inside for La Vega. Argyle will have to take better higher percentage shots and get out on Landrum in her face.

Argyle doing a good job on the big girl. She's a non- factor

regaleagle
03-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Argyle's content to hold for a good shot and run their offense. The 3-2 zone by La Vega is working, but Argyle's seen it before. Argyle hopes to keep the score close and win it at the end.

regaleagle
03-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Vivian Gray has 3 fouls now and cannot defend under the basket, esp. against a drive to the basket by La Vega. LaVega knows this and will challenge Gray on drives.

regaleagle
03-01-2014, 12:37 PM
It's turned into Landrum vs. Argyle. She's what makes La Vega go. The entire Argyle team will have to pressure her, but may end up getting out of position and leaving others open for a pass. This is a big problem for the Lady Eagles because Landrum is just so much more talented than any other player on the floor.

regaleagle
03-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Looks like Landrum will win this game personally for La Vega.

ccmom
03-01-2014, 01:05 PM
That was a helluva game. Congrats to LaVega on the title and to Argyle, as well. That was a fun one to watch.

Bleed orange
03-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Thought Argyle would pull it out but I can't lie the result makes me a smile just a little.

regaleagle
03-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Congrats to Landrum and La Vega. Landrum is only a Soph. Argyle is younger, but Landrum is a one-player star with all the skills to play Division 1 ball. She plays much older than her age. Vivian Gray and the rest of the Argyle girls will be back to Austin before they graduate, IMO. A good game to watch. Good game by Argyle. I think they will learn much from playing in this game, and be better for it.

Bleed orange
03-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Congrats to Landrum and La Vega. Landrum is only a Soph. Argyle is younger, but Landrum is a one-player star with all the skills to play Division 1 ball. She plays much older than her age. Vivian Gray and the rest of the Argyle girls will be back to Austin before they graduate, IMO. A good game to watch. Good game by Argyle. I think they will learn much from playing in this game, and be better for it.
The battle for the right to go to Austin won't be easy for Argyle. Don't forget Celina only graduates one Sr as well.

PhiI C
03-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Congratulations to La Vega for the championship and to Argyle for a great game. Celina may feel a little better now even though they will probably wonder if they would have been able to win it.

Bleed orange
03-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Congratulations to La Vega for the championship and to Argyle for a great game. Celina may feel a little better now even though they will probably wonder if they would have been able to win it.

Not trying to stir the pot but the Argyle faithful cried that Celina was un-classy . How about the Argyle girl swinging the the LaVega girl around by the jersey on the last play. I guess that's good sportsmanship ??

regaleagle
03-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Just can it, Bleed Orange. You don't know what was going on there, and as far as what happened in Commerce....Celina fans WERE UNCLASSY. I'm tired of hearing about it from you, and trying to take the high road here for Argyle. So for you personally....stick it in your ear. Enough is enough and I will defend these girls when they can't defend themselves. Shame on you.

Bleed orange
03-01-2014, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=regaleagle;1806175]Just can it, Bleed Orange. You don't know what was going on there, and as far as what happened in Commerce....Celina fans WERE UNCLASSY. I'm tired of hearing about it from you, and trying to take the high road here for Argyle. So for you personally....stick it in your ear. Enough is enough and I will defend these girls when they can't defend themselves. Shame

Yep unclassy because they were upset about of being SCREWED out of a spot in the state tournament . ( UIL and THE REF THAT blew the whistle confirmed he had a foul call) . THATS FACT. So if you wanna stay on your Arygle high horse the TRUTH is y'all were FORTUNATE to be there to begin with.

regaleagle
03-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Your perception is slanted, Sir. I'm the last person to ride a high horse, unless you count the horse I rode as a kid back in Goliad County on the ranch, haha. You don't know the kind of individual you're talking to. I've been working since I was old enough to help out on the ranch, and have never stopped. Didn't inherit anything, and was never given anything of monetary value. I've worked hard to get where I am today, including some scholarships....just like most of the "high horse" hardworking students that represent the Argyle Eagles. Again, your perception is slanted and completely in error regarding Argyle in general and me in particular. Have a nice day. BTW, I'm am now 59 yrs. old, so I think I know just a little bit about what I'm talking about.

bobcat1
03-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Congrats to LaVega on the Championship and to Argyle for a great season!:2thumbsup

FB-fanatic
03-01-2014, 06:31 PM
I visited with Landrum and her mom during the regular season when they visited Lorena. I saw she was wearing an Aggie pullover and, assuming she was a senior, asked her if she was being recruited by TAMU. She looked at me funny and said she was only a sophomore. Wow.

Tejastrue
03-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Congrats Lady Pirates!! Valiant effort by Argyle! :clap:

BLACK ATTACK
03-01-2014, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=regaleagle;1806175]Just can it, Bleed Orange. You don't know what was going on there, and as far as what happened in Commerce....Celina fans WERE UNCLASSY. I'm tired of hearing about it from you, and trying to take the high road here for Argyle. So for you personally....stick it in your ear. Enough is enough and I will defend these girls when they can't defend themselves. Shame

Yep unclassy because they were upset about of being SCREWED out of a spot in the state tournament . ( UIL and THE REF THAT blew the whistle confirmed he had a foul call) . THATS FACT. So if you wanna stay on your Arygle high horse the TRUTH is y'all were FORTUNATE to be there to begin with.

There was no doubt that you would be around to show your ass and prove the point of a lot of things said. Hopefully you will be able to find some sort of fulfillment between now and next year, but if you can't feel free to keep your thread going and continuing to pout, and we will all sit back and wait for the Argyle season sweep again next season.

Man I remember back when my oldest son was back in 3rd grade and we were about to win a game against Lewisville, but on the last play they scored a TD. But man, there was a clear block in the back otherwise they wouldn't have scored and the ref didn't call it. Think about it everyday. Had to have therapy to get over it. LMAO

bobcat1
03-01-2014, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Bleed orange;1806176]

There was no doubt that you would be around to show your ass and prove the point of a lot of things said. Hopefully you will be able to find some sort of fulfillment between now and next year, but if you can't feel free to keep your thread going and continuing to pout, and we will all sit back and wait for the Argyle season sweep again next season.

Man I remember back when my oldest son was back in 3rd grade and we were about to win a game against Lewisville, but on the last play they scored a TD. But man, there was a clear block in the back otherwise they wouldn't have scored and the ref didn't call it. Think about it everyday. Had to have therapy to get over it. LMAO

Too funny

Celina8
03-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Congratulations to La Vega for a State Championship and going undefeated...a super accomplishment. For the Argyle fans and players, congratulations on a great season especially with such a young team. This old man has said it long ago Argyle is a model for any school wanting to build a successful athletic program. Great Job for both teams.

Rabid Cougar
03-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Okay, here we go. La Vega will be more athletic, but Argyle more disciplined.

Why is it when one team is prodominately black they are "More athletic" and prodominately white they are "more disciplined"?

PhiI C
03-02-2014, 10:10 AM
I visited with Landrum and her mom during the regular season when they visited Lorena. I saw she was wearing an Aggie pullover and, assuming she was a senior, asked her if she was being recruited by TAMU. She looked at me funny and said she was only a sophomore. Wow.

They are starting a little late aren't they? ;)

PhiI C
03-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Your perception is slanted, Sir. I'm the last person to ride a high horse, unless you count the horse I rode as a kid back in Goliad County on the ranch, haha. You don't know the kind of individual you're talking to. I've been working since I was old enough to help out on the ranch, and have never stopped. Didn't inherit anything, and was never given anything of monetary value. I've worked hard to get where I am today, including some scholarships....just like most of the "high horse" hardworking students that represent the Argyle Eagles. Again, your perception is slanted and completely in error regarding Argyle in general and me in particular. Have a nice day. BTW, I'm am now 59 yrs. old, so I think I know just a little bit about what I'm talking about.

Goliad is a very historical city with interesting Texas history.

Aguilafanatico
03-02-2014, 11:44 AM

No need trying to reason with a teenage girl Regal. I assume BO is a adolescent female gauging the tone of her posts. Possibly a Celina girls player? Either way, I wouldn't waste my time with her. Girls basketball is over for this year.

bobcat1
03-02-2014, 01:59 PM
No need trying to reason with a teenage girl Regal. I assume BO is a adolescent female gauging the tone of her posts. Possibly a Celina girls player? Either way, I wouldn't waste my time with her. Girls basketball is over for this year.
:fnypost:

orange machine
03-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Congrats to both teams, thank God basketball is over!!! Now back to real sports .:stirpot: