PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Carter

Bullaholic
02-28-2014, 11:11 AM
How big of a factor will they be in 4A-I next season?

regaleagle
02-28-2014, 02:40 PM
I reckon they'll be making the playoffs out of our District 6 for sure, maybe even winning it. Don't have much info on their upcoming group of talent, but I'd say they will be happy to play the likes of Argyle. Having the chance to take down last year's 3A Champ should send visions of grandeur floating thru their minds as they relive days of past glory when we show up at their house next season. Yep....it'll probably be their biggest fanbase turnout of the season, esp. if both teams are playing for the district crown.

Bullaholic
02-28-2014, 03:50 PM
I reckon they'll be making the playoffs out of our District 6 for sure, maybe even winning it. Don't have much info on their upcoming group of talent, but I'd say they will be happy to play the likes of Argyle. Having the chance to take down last year's 3A Champ should send visions of grandeur floating thru their minds as they relive days of past glory when we show up at their house next season. Yep....it'll probably be their biggest fanbase turnout of the season, esp. if both teams are playing for the district crown.

Like to see a Argyle-Stephenville matchup in the quarters....that would bring a crowd, also...

regaleagle
02-28-2014, 05:09 PM
I think Coach Rodgers' son Cooper will be working hard this spring at the qb spot to be all he can be. And somehow, I think he'll make the big leap Argyle will need to lead this team next season. You already have Ralston as a D1 commit, and some outstanding soph. talent that will be seasoned juniors. Then there's an excellent grouping of both senior and junior linemen on both sides, and a couple of good LB's, including Ralston(if needed). The secondary has a few young guns like Drew Estrada and a couple of others to handle passing threats. As far as receiving corps, that's never been a problem with the spread Argyle runs. And with Ralston at rb, it should make things easier for Cooper to be more effective throwing it. So that's an early synopsis of why Argyle should be in the mix next season, even though this year's graduating class was huge.

regaleagle
02-28-2014, 05:58 PM
The Million Dollar question is who will take over the kicking duties for Argyle now that the Hedland brothers are done. Maybe there's a couple of other brothers upcoming I don't know about, lol.

Ernest T Bass
02-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Without looking at district and playoff pairings, and going by what I know about Carter, I'd pick them to be a 2-3 round team next year. Carter is a lot more like the rest of DISD than they used to be.

Bleed orange
02-28-2014, 06:47 PM
The Million Dollar question is who will take over the kicking duties for Argyle now that the Hedland brothers are done. Maybe there's a couple of other brothers upcoming I don't know about, lol.

All jokes aside that's a huge loss . When you can get 3 first downs and be in scoring position that's a huge weapon in high school.