PDA

View Full Version : UIL officials visit Celina; provide explanation, closure after officiating flap

marler1972
02-26-2014, 10:25 PM
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/uil-officials-visit-celina-provide-explanation-closure-after-officiating-flap.html/

Ok no more talk about it!!!!!!

Bleed orange
02-26-2014, 10:40 PM
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/uil-officials-visit-celina-provide-explanation-closure-after-officiating-flap.html/

What a chicken $***.

bobcat1
02-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Well that's just dandy.

Weebe
02-27-2014, 12:15 AM
That coach is a better person than I am.

Tejastrue
02-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Okay, so the lead official just took a two week vacation...LMAO

lostaussie
02-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Okay, so the lead official just took a two week vacation...LMAOseasons over.....should have given himself 6 months:D

Emerson1
02-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Okay, so the lead official just took a two week vacation...LMAO

Vacation usually comes with pay. With it being tournament season at the beginning of the year he fined himself probably $1,000+.

orange machine
02-27-2014, 09:19 AM
seasons over.....should have given himself 6 months:D

I think in a situation like this the ref should be suspended for a full year only because the game was a playoff game with huge implications!

BB BULLS
02-27-2014, 09:24 AM
I think in a situation like this the ref should be suspended for a full year only because the game was a playoff game with huge implications!

i think about the senoirs on the team having to lose like that has really got to hurt. it sucks for them. to bad the UIL cant do something better when crap like this happens.

jason
02-27-2014, 10:05 AM
I might have missed it but how many free throws did the referees miss?

YTBulldogs
02-27-2014, 10:35 AM
how many free throws did the referees miss?

The final 3 Jason. After that foul, with 1 sec remaining.

caleb_mccaig
02-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Bing, bang boom. That's the answer we're going to get, no use crying over spilt milk. I'm getting tired of seeing this story on every single sport's blog, news site in the country. Were they robbed, you betcha. But what is really going to happen at this point?

Tejastrue
02-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Vacation usually comes with pay. With it being tournament season at the beginning of the year he fined himself probably $1,000+.

Now that shines a whole new light on the subject. I stopped the laughing.

Scoop27
02-27-2014, 01:03 PM
UIL has no guts to make the correct decision.

Bleed orange
02-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Now that shines a whole new light on the subject. I stopped the laughing.
You'd think his first course of action would be an apology to all those that were affected by his cowardice .

Crow22
02-27-2014, 02:04 PM
UIL has no guts to make the correct decision.

What would you have the UIL do? Call both teams back a couple days later and have them play out the final 1 second with Celina on the free throw line? C'mon.

Was it a bad call? Yep.

Is there anything that can be done about it? Nope.

Cowboy_Up
02-27-2014, 03:00 PM
The UIL could do tons about it.
The referee associations are nothing but good ole' boy associations.
They get away with murder year after year and they always defend their own, no matter what.
i watched 3 years ago in a football playoff game where one team was allowed to do somerthing and the other wasn't and the game winning TD was taken away.

Referees suffer no penalties and they worry a hell of a lot more about mechanics and how they dress vs how the game is called. No ref worth his salt runs off that court without at least letting the coaches know the deal.

But I'll bet whatever you want all those guys will be working all they want next year.

In their defense, they have to put up with way too much abuse. High School football coaches should be flagged as soon as they run on the field, but most spend half the game 5-10 yards inside the field between snaps. BBall coaches should not be allowed to chip and rag about every call.

Hold the officials accountable, but also get the coaches off their backs. It could work a lot better.

Bleed orange
02-27-2014, 03:24 PM
One of you gentlemen who has an account link this story over to Smoaky( cant get mine to work). Our E Texas brothers are about 2 days behind on story

caleb_mccaig
02-27-2014, 08:36 PM
One of you gentlemen who has an account link this story over to Smoaky( cant get mine to work). Our E Texas brothers are about 2 days behind on story

Aren't they always? :cool:

defense51
02-27-2014, 09:25 PM

Ridiculous

Tom Foolery
02-28-2014, 09:40 AM
They get away with murder year after year and they always defend their own, no matter what.

Cowboy-up; Your local Ref chapter is always looking for good, qualified people to join and make a difference. The pay is incredible and you will probably be able to quit your day job. Please call them today so we can hear more from you about your personal experiences calling games.