PDA

View Full Version : Barry switzer's take on johnny manziel

ronwx5x
02-26-2014, 08:37 PM
Pot and Kettle?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/2/26/5450520/johnny-manziel-barry-switzer-comments

Tejastrue
02-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Barry is a quack...but still...I have to chuckle, chuckle....

hookandladder
02-27-2014, 07:09 AM
Barry definitely a little off the rocker at times but he was a pretty solid college coach, I could see him not taking any **** from a teenage kid.

BB BULLS
02-27-2014, 09:12 AM
Barry definitely a little off the rocker at times but he was a pretty solid college coach, I could see him not taking any **** from a teenage kid.

ole Barry he is a piece of work! this is the first time i have heard out him in years hell i thought he was dead

slingshot
02-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Funny chit! Barry was the warden of the OU Prison of Wayward Athletically Gifted Young Men and had to ride herd on characters 10x worse than JFF for years... guess he's forgotten all that.

BB BULLS
02-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Funny chit! Barry was the warden of the OU Prison of Wayward Athletically Gifted Young Men and had to ride herd on characters 10x worse than JFF for years... guess he's forgotten all that.

well he aint had no media time in a while, he just letting everyone know he is still out there if someone needs a coach hahahaha

1st and goal
02-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Just a bunch of rumspeak from an old drunk looking for another 15 minutes of fame.

JM has more talent in his little pinky than Barry ever did. I detect jealousy.

YTBulldogs
02-28-2014, 09:02 AM
JM has more talent in his little pinky than Barry ever did.

Not sure he was questioning JM's football talents.

1st and goal
02-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Not sure he was questioning JM's football talents.

So why doesn't he come out and talk crap about ANY other draft prospects that showboated in their collegiate careers? There might be a few others that have had PFs called on them in their collegiate games. So why only Johnny?

Same for JAWorski (or buddenski if you will). just 2 old farts trying to get their face in a camera's view.

YTBulldogs
02-28-2014, 09:09 AM
So why doesn't he come out and talk crap about ANY other draft prospects that showboated in their collegiate careers? There might be a few others that have had PFs called on them in their collegiate games. So why only Johnny?

Same for JAWorski (or buddenski if you will). just 2 old farts trying to get their face in a camera's view.

Jaws said, he just hasn't seen enough footage on him yet to be fair. He might end up ranking him higher. I think he always evaluates QB's for ESPN. So, he's always on camera.

1st and goal
02-28-2014, 09:10 AM
What Barry has inadvertently done is a back handed slap to Coach Sumlin's coaching style. I wonder if this has anything to do with Sumlin previously coaching at OU?

Barry and I ain't the sharpest knives in the drawer but I don't go on tv saying crap that I have nothing to do with. At least not yet. And I've never packed heat on an airline flight.

hookandladder
02-28-2014, 09:57 AM
It's all show business, the days of acting like you been there before is all over. Gotta please the new generation of fans, the days of letting your play on the field speak for yourself are all over. Barry does have a NC and a SBC, Thanks to Jimmy.

Saggy Aggie
02-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Jaws said, he just hasn't seen enough footage on him yet to be fair.

Has he been under a rock? How have you not seen enough footage on Manziel yet??

Hell, if there's anyone I haven't seen enough footage it's Bortles... Or Bridgewater.... Or Carr, etc.

Johnny is damn near the only one anybody has seen enough footage on...

caleb_mccaig
02-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Well, I think Jon Gruden said it best when he said Barry is probably pissed off that Johnny whipped his team's ass in a record breaking Cotton Bowl.

BB BULLS
02-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Has he been under a rock? How have you not seen enough footage on Manziel yet??

Hell, if there's anyone I haven't seen enough footage it's Bortles... Or Bridgewater.... Or Carr, etc.

Johnny is damn near the only one anybody has seen enough footage on...

not an Aggie fan but you are 100% correct. hell i didn't know about Carr. JFF is all over the media if Jaws has not seen enough footage it is his own fault. I still think Johnny is gonna have problems in the NFL.

Txbroadcaster
02-28-2014, 03:15 PM
well he aint had no media time in a while, he just letting everyone know he is still out there if someone needs a coach hahahaha

He is on the Ticket in Dallas all the time plus does a ton of interviews on various radio stations every football season

Aesculus gilmus
02-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Barry Switzer is a charismatic individual. Even though I try to hate him, it doesn't work. I actually kinda like the guy.

BB BULLS
02-28-2014, 03:29 PM
He is on the Ticket in Dallas all the time plus does a ton of interviews on various radio stations every football season

ok when is the last time he was on national level? i try to catch all the college games i can & never miss Sunday football i have not seen or heard anything about him there.