PDA

View Full Version : Uhh Oh..Is Ware done in Dallas?

Cam
02-25-2014, 01:35 PM
The boss is hinting.....

from SportsdayDFW:

Jerry Jones said Monday evening that there’s no guarantee that defensive end DeMarcus Ware will play another season with the Dallas Cowboys.

Ware is scheduled to count $16 million against the salary cap in 2014 and the Cowboys likely can’t afford him at that price. If Ware, 31, is going to remain in Dallas his contract will need to be restructured or the amount of money will need to be reduced.

“There’s no question when you are where we are on the cap, even though we’ve had some new cap space added, and you have a defensive player that’s your highest paid defensive player, and he hasn’t been on the field much the last two years, that has to be considered,” Jones said on ESPN’s SportsCenter. “You can’t have it all.”

The Cowboys owner and general manager gave an example of one time getting off his personal plane and into a Ford Bronco at the airport. When a reporter questioned why Jones didn’t have a more expensive vehicle, Jones responded: “Well, in order to have a plane, you have to drive a five-year-old Bronco. You can’t have it all.

“We’ve got those kinds of decisions to make, which is a part of what makes it so exciting in the NFL.”

Jones explained the changes the Cowboys have made on defense and how they have forced the seven-time Pro Bowler to play with his hand on the ground.

Ware, who had been an outside linebacker in the Cowboys 3-4 scheme during his first eight seasons in the NFL, moved to defensive end last year and turned in the worst season of his career. He missed three games and finished with six sacks and 40 tackles, both career lows.

“He’s had a tough time getting on the practice field because of various injuries,” Jones said. “All of that we have to weigh with how much of that has impacted him for the future as well as where he is in his career and with his age.

“Those are the ingredients in the stew. Now we’ve got to stir it up and see where we’re going. It will be a very difficult call for us because of how much salary cap he uses.”

refereedoc
02-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Dang it, I guess there goes the Super Bowl next year :)

Cam
02-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Dang it, I guess there goes the Super Bowl next year :)

....let's face it ref....you and I may never see Dallas in a Super Bowl in our lifetime!!!.....:doh:.....did I spell Super Bowl right??.....shoot, I can't even think of those words anymore.....is it Souper Bole??.....Souper Salad Bowl?....Super Bowel?......

refereedoc
02-25-2014, 01:51 PM
You are probably right Cam. I think Super Bowel is the best way to describe the Cowboys. We watch for purely comedy relief.

Cam
02-25-2014, 01:54 PM
You are probably right Cam. I think Super Bowel is the best way to describe the Cowboys. We watch for purely comedy relief.

thank goodness for high school football!!....

refereedoc
02-25-2014, 03:40 PM
And all the people said "AMEN"!

cougartino
02-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Dang shame was Jerry has done to this once proud franchise! :mad:

Rabid Cougar
02-25-2014, 07:28 PM
1 Playoff win in 17 years. 136-136. What is the one constant throughout those 17 years??????

Cam
03-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Ware holds the upper hand here....if I were him, I wouldn't take no stinkin' pay cut from Mr. Jones...that way, Jones can release him and he can go play for a well managed team...maybe even a contender!....

BB BULLS
03-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Dallas will never contend until they get a head coach that will butt heads with Jerry, and we all know that he will never hire anyone like that. so i will keep watching my Cowboys go 500 every year and be happy with that,and hope i out live Jerry then maybe something good will happen.
hell i dont think he can live to much longer, how old is he about 80?

Trashman
03-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Dallas will never contend until they get a head coach that will butt heads with Jerry, and we all know that he will never hire anyone like that. so i will keep watching my Cowboys go 500 every year and be happy with that,and hope i out live Jerry then maybe something good will happen.
hell i dont think he can live to much longer, how old is he about 80?

You may have to wait a long time. His mother died in 2012 at the age of 90.

Emerson1
03-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Ware holds the upper hand here....if I were him, I wouldn't take no stinkin' pay cut from Mr. Jones...that way, Jones can release him and he can go play for a well managed team...maybe even a contender!....
The Cowboy's can just threaten to cut him after June 1 after teams have spent most of their free agency money. Giving the Cowboys the upper hand.