PDA

View Full Version : Video Of the Celina vs argyle final second.

marler1972
02-23-2014, 05:35 PM
It shows clearly this before the buzzer.
http://youtu.be/2gfj1w9OIKs

Bleed orange
02-23-2014, 05:44 PM
It shows clearly this before the buzzer.
http://youtu.be/2gfj1w9OIKs

But .. But..

orange machine
02-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Wow I see why the Celina faithful are upset. The Celina girls got absolutly screwed! I don't like basketball but that was awful.

Matthew328
02-23-2014, 08:24 PM
I thought it was a much closer call on the foul/buzzer timing...that wasn't even close

marler1972
02-23-2014, 08:37 PM
I know heck the ball hit the floor before the buzzer sounded.

Bleed orange
02-23-2014, 09:24 PM
I thought it was a much closer call on the foul/buzzer timing...that wasn't even close
Think they might have an argument now ??

YTBulldogs
02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Maybe he was calling a travel? And, figured time ran out. Very poor mechanics regardless.

Aguilafanatico
02-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Looks like a travel.

winds1
02-23-2014, 10:14 PM
She never walk , takes a jump step which is legal

Aguilafanatico
02-23-2014, 10:20 PM

It's a full skip then a jump....it's a travel. I'm not a basketball guy but looks like a clear travel to me, unless you are Lebron.

Emerson1
02-23-2014, 10:24 PM

You have to land with both feet at the same time for it to be legal.

Could have called traveling. Just as easily could have missed that and called a foul. The only real weird thing is the timing and how they just ran off the court without really calling anything.

winds1
02-23-2014, 11:27 PM
When she picks up her dribble both feet are off the floor, then left foot touches floor , right foot never touches floor before foul.

regaleagle
02-23-2014, 11:39 PM
Doesn't matter now, but who's to say she would've made the freethrows, either. Not sure about the traveling call, or the buzzer, or the clock....but it looks like Argyle is now 35-1 and headed to the State Tourney. Good game by both squads.

Bleed orange
02-23-2014, 11:42 PM
Doesn't matter now, but who's to say she would've made the freethrows, either. Not sure about the traveling call, or the buzzer, or the clock....but it looks like Argyle is now 35-1 and headed to the State Tourney. Good game by both squads.

It's pretty obvious a call , SOME CALL is made clearly way before the buzzer goes off ( look at the red light around the backboard ). She also would've been shooting 3 FT's. Down by one that's huge.

winds1
02-23-2014, 11:42 PM
Yes it was

regaleagle
02-23-2014, 11:53 PM
Can't see any visible clock in the video....sure can't hear anything....and I'd never guarantee any player sinking a free throw under this kind of scenario. Even if she made one, then the game would have to go to another overtime. Just too many what ifs to conclude Celina would have won it.

winds1
02-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Would have been nice to have had fair chance at the end like ya'll did

marler1972
02-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Can't see any visible clock in the video....sure can't hear anything....and I'd never guarantee any player sinking a free throw under this kind of scenario. Even if she made one, then the game would have to go to another overtime. Just too many what ifs to conclude Celina would have won it.

the backboard lights are in line with the time the ball was on the ground after the foul. Channel 8 news just had a angle that showed 1.2 second left at the time of the foul.

marler1972
02-24-2014, 12:09 AM

heres another angle
http://www.wfaa.com/sports/argyle-girls-head-to-final-four-after-apparent-foul-now-called-246796471.html

regaleagle
02-24-2014, 12:19 AM
Yeah, but he did say it was the "Whataburger play of the Week". So not all is lost, right?

marler1972
02-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Yeah, but he did say it was the "Whataburger play of the Week". So not all is lost, right?

Just made me want to go to Whataburger get me some food.

Bleed orange
02-24-2014, 12:26 AM

I don't know about whataburger. I think it was more of a whatha****

YTBulldogs
02-24-2014, 12:52 AM
1.2 second left at the time of the foul.

Or 1.2 remaining after the travel. We are not certain what he was calling. Could of been either. Piss poor mechanics is all I can say.

Bleed orange
02-24-2014, 12:59 AM
Or 1.2 remaining after the travel. We are not certain what he was calling. Could of been either. Piss poor mechanics is all I can say.

She was being fouled from the time she picked up the ball all the way through the shot so they could've called a foul that caused her to travel . We can play this game all night

regaleagle
02-24-2014, 01:14 AM
All night??? Don't you think double overtime was long enough??????

OldBison75
02-24-2014, 01:30 AM
I watched both videos several times and ran slow motion on both. The ref clearly blew the whistle with 1.0 seconds on the clock and raised his arm, the usual indication of a foul call. If he intended to call a travel, it is common for them to waive off the shot and then signal the travel. Either way, there was time left on the clock when the whistle sounded and the game was not over. There is no guarantee that the girl would have hit any free throws, but she had three coming if it was a foul as it appeared. She only needed to make one to tie and two to win.

The point I am making is that both teams had played a very tight game and the place to win or lose is on the court and not on a horrible decision be the referees.

Bleed orange
02-24-2014, 01:40 AM
I watched both videos several times and ran slow motion on both. The ref clearly blew the whistle with 1.0 seconds on the clock and raised his arm, the usual indication of a foul call. If he intended to call a travel, it is common for them to waive off the shot and then signal the travel. Either way, there was time left on the clock when the whistle sounded and the game was not over. There is no guarantee that the girl would have hit any free throws, but she had three coming if it was a foul as it appeared. She only needed to make one to tie and two to win.

The point I am making is that both teams had played a very tight game and the place to win or lose is on the court and not on a horrible decision be the referees.

Preach on..

regaleagle
02-24-2014, 01:41 AM
Now that was the most lucid statement made in this whole thread, OldBison. I don't think you'll find any disagreement with that statement. Unfortunately, the refs don't have the use of video and slo-mo in high school sports, so whatever caused them to make their decision in the moment will stand...as always.

OldBison75
02-24-2014, 01:47 AM
Now that was the most lucid statement made in this whole thread, OldBison. I don't think you'll find any disagreement with that statement. Unfortunately, the refs don't have the use of video and slo-mo in high school sports, so whatever caused them to make their decision in the moment will stand...as always.

Yes sir, there is nothing that will change the outcome of this game. I do hope that there is some kind of action taken with the game refs though. This type error is not acceptable in a playoff game, no matter what teams are involved.

Weebe
02-24-2014, 08:32 AM
That's terrible.

Emerson1
02-24-2014, 09:21 AM
heres another angle
http://www.wfaa.com/sports/argyle-girls-head-to-final-four-after-apparent-foul-now-called-246796471.html

Dale Hanson back to being crappy at his job. Bashing the refs for not giving him an interview on a Sunday lol.

Bleed orange
02-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Dale Hanson back to being crappy at his job. Bashing the refs for not giving him an interview on a Sunday lol.

I think he was referring to the refs not giving the coaches any explanation and just high- tailing it to the dressing room.

YTBulldogs
02-24-2014, 10:54 AM
As an official. Someone needs to speak in regards to this. If not the officials directly, the chapter in which this crew came from. Explain, what he was calling, a foul or traveling? Did they notice time remaining? Then, why they didn't explain themselves as they hurried off the court. It's clear both teams were unclear what's going on. I'm surprised Tony Timmons, Director of Officials with the UIL didn't make a comment. He was a high ranking basketball official prior to taking this UIL gig.

Bleed orange
02-24-2014, 11:02 AM
As an official. Someone needs to speak in regards to this. If not the officials directly, the chapter in which this crew came from. Explain, what he was calling, a foul or traveling? Did they notice time remaining? Then, why they didn't explain themselves as they hurried off the court. It's clear both teams were unclear what's going on. I'm surprised Tony Timmons, Director of Officials with the UIL didn't make a comment. He was a high ranking basketball official prior to taking this UIL gig.
Im guessing it will be addressed in the next couple days. There obviously won't be any change to the results but these refs should be done. Like I stated in the other thread there was an official evaluator there and from what I can gather he had pages of negative notes BEFORE this incident .

YTBulldogs
02-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Im guessing it will be addressed in the next couple days. There obviously won't be any change to the results but these refs should be done. Like I stated in the other thread there was an official evaluator there and from what I can gather he had pages of negative notes BEFORE this incident .

I know for a fact, no change in result will happen. But, should know what they were talking about when they gathered prior to leaving the court, and why no explanation was given to teams prior to the departure. What chapter was this?

GrTigers6
02-24-2014, 12:03 PM
As an official. Someone needs to speak in regards to this. If not the officials directly, the chapter in which this crew came from. Explain, what he was calling, a foul or traveling? Did they notice time remaining? Then, why they didn't explain themselves as they hurried off the court. It's clear both teams were unclear what's going on. I'm surprised Tony Timmons, Director of Officials with the UIL didn't make a comment. He was a high ranking basketball official prior to taking this UIL gig.Tony Timmons Stepped Down last week. Im not sure he has anything to do with UIL anymore.

YTBulldogs
02-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Tony Timmons Stepped Down last week. Im not sure he has anything to do with UIL anymore.

Best news I heard in years since he was hired. Thanks Gr. He'll be back on the court soon I bet now.

Emerson1
02-24-2014, 02:05 PM

They were obviously decent enough to be picked to do this game.

refereedoc
02-24-2014, 02:39 PM
I know for a fact, no change in result will happen. But, should know what they were talking about when they gathered prior to leaving the court, and why no explanation was given to teams prior to the departure. What chapter was this?

Yes, they should have gathered and talked it out. The participants deserved an explanation. A game of this significance definitely needs more of a thought out procedure than what they gave it. I heard Temple chapter. I know a lot of officials especially college officials in Texas, but I did not recognize any of them.

hollywood
02-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Dreadful!

firstdown
02-24-2014, 04:58 PM
They were obviously decent enough to be picked to do this game.

I'm sure there are some politics involved. There usually is...

PhiI C
02-24-2014, 10:37 PM
I got an idea! Why not have the Celina girl try to make 2 out 3 Free throws. If she makes one or two they lose. She has to make two out 3 to win it for Celina.

Bleed orange
02-24-2014, 10:49 PM
I got an idea! Why not have the Celina girl try to make 2 out 3 Free throws. If she makes one or two they lose. She has to make two out 3 to win it for Celina.

Huh??

zebrablue2
02-25-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm sure there are some politics involved. There usually is...

Both coaches agree long before the tip off on the officials, if not, uil will assign them...

refereedoc
02-26-2014, 08:50 AM
Both coaches agree long before the tip off on the officials, if not, uil will assign them...

UIL regionals are assigned solely by the UIL. Coaches have no decision.Typically chapters from other regions are assigned, so officials have not had a chance to have officiated a game for the team during the year.

BwdLion73
02-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Huh??

The SI swim suit edition still has him a little swimmy headed.

panfan
02-26-2014, 10:03 AM
The SI swim suit edition still has him a little swimmy headed.

:fnypost:

Experience talking there.... what did mrs lion say when she caught you with that magazine? Swimmy headed. LOL!

BwdLion73
02-26-2014, 10:05 AM
:fnypost:

Experience talking there.... what did mrs lion say when she caught you with that magazine? Swimmy headed. LOL!

:blush: