PDA

View Full Version : Girls regional games

bag-o-chips
02-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Will any of them be broadcast from Corpus Christi?

Bleed orange
02-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Celina Ladycats advance to regional finals. Will more than likely face district foe Argyle.

regaleagle
02-22-2014, 03:06 AM
Celina Ladycats advance to regional finals. Will more than likely face district foe Argyle.

YEP....them Argyle Eaglettes put it to Canton tonite 56-26. They are now 34-1 on the season. This will be the 3rd meeting between these teams this season. You know what they say.....it's tough to beat an opponent 3 times, much less 2. The battle between #2 and #4 in the State(TABC Rankings). I think Celina may be 26-6 by now, or something like that. They ain't no slouches, that's for sure. Good luck to both squads tomorrow at TA&M Commerce. There can be only one.

ccmom
02-22-2014, 02:18 PM
After 1
Wylie 21
Shallowater 9

ccmom
02-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Halftime
Wylie 38
Shallowater 24

Bleed orange
02-22-2014, 02:36 PM
YEP....them Argyle Eaglettes put it to Canton tonite 56-26. They are now 34-1 on the season. This will be the 3rd meeting between these teams this season. You know what they say.....it's tough to beat an opponent 3 times, much less 2. The battle between #2 and #4 in the State(TABC Rankings). I think Celina may be 26-6 by now, or something like that. They ain't no slouches, that's for sure. Good luck to both squads tomorrow at TA&M Commerce. There can be only one.

Update score if you have a chance . Not able to make game today

bag-o-chips
02-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Navarro won 55-44 in OT. Held Boerne scoreless

ccmom
02-22-2014, 02:59 PM
End of 3
Wylie 57
Shallowater 46

ccmom
02-22-2014, 03:11 PM
3 min left in game
Wylie 68
Shallowater 54

ccmom
02-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Final
Wylie 75
Shallowater 64

Wylie heading to state tourney for 4th time in last 5 years!!

Congrats on a great season to Shallowater

Bleed orange
02-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Celina and Argyle in double overtime

Eagle Nation
02-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Argyle won 51-50

Bleed orange
02-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Celina losses to Argyle and refs 51-50 in double OT. Celina shooter fouled at the buzzer, one ref blew whistle for a foul and the other 2 sprinted off the court negating the foul .

Bleed orange
02-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Argyle won 51-50

With a little help you think?? Even your own reporter was commenting on how Celina was getting screwed the whole game.

injuredinmelee
02-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Anyone know who won La Vega/Fairfield game?

injuredinmelee
02-22-2014, 05:30 PM
La vega won big.

BLACK ATTACK
02-22-2014, 06:54 PM
With a little help you think?? Even your own reporter was commenting on how Celina was getting screwed the whole game.

LOL! She traveled before the foul. Game over

Tejastrue
02-23-2014, 01:23 AM
La Vega 33-0

70-47 over Fairfield

regaleagle
02-23-2014, 01:56 AM
LOL! She traveled before the foul. Game over

Actually, according to the Argyle Broadcast Network team calling the game, they said that the call was time had expired before the shot was released, and then the contact happened after the fact. It's the refs' job to watch the play and the clock as time expires. Even though the Celina fans wanted the call, they just ran out of time and the desperation shot from way out was not even allowed. The Celina fans then booed the Argyle Girls when they accepted the trophy....very unclassy. The Argyle girls won a very hard-fought game and have done quite excellent all year.....they did not deserve that kind of treatment from Celina. The Celina Girls played a great game and scored more points on Argyle(50) than any other team this season and also deserve much credit. Their season ends with an excellent record of 28-7, with 3 of those losses coming against Argyle. Celina played valiantly and gave Argyle much trouble. Argyle didn't hit the free throws on the line, but Vivian Gray made the one that counted with 5 secs. left in double overtime. Perhaps one of the best games this season in Girls basketball in 3A. Both teams have had a great season, but their can be only one. Last year it was Celina. This year Argyle advances.

Bleed orange
02-23-2014, 03:29 AM
Actually, according to the Argyle Broadcast Network team calling the game, they said that the call was time had expired before the shot was released, and then the contact happened after the fact. It's the refs' job to watch the play and the clock as time expires. Even though the Celina fans wanted the call, they just ran out of time and the desperation shot from way out was not even allowed. The Celina fans then booed the Argyle Girls when they accepted the trophy....very unclassy. The Argyle girls won a very hard-fought game and have done quite excellent all year.....they did not deserve that kind of treatment from Celina. The Celina Girls played a great game and scored more points on Argyle(50) than any other team this season and also deserve much credit. Their season ends with an excellent record of 28-7, with 3 of those losses coming against Argyle. Celina played valiantly and gave Argyle much trouble. Argyle didn't hit the free throws on the line, but Vivian Gray made the one that counted with 5 secs. left in double overtime. Perhaps one of the best games this season in Girls basketball in 3A. Both teams have had a great season, but their can be only one. Last year it was Celina. This year Argyle advances.

The Argyle broadcast said time expired .. You think? Go to twitter and read the comments from the other reporters and coaches that were there and said the foul occurred well before the buzzer and it wasn't even close . The booing was uncalled for and I think probably misdirected and meant for the officials . Either way a game shouldn't end that way. You'll also read that the consensus by unbiased spectators was that the calls were consistently bad in Argyle's favor the entire game so it wasn't just the last call.

regaleagle
02-23-2014, 01:25 PM
So what are you insinuating? That there's some kind of purposeful rigged deal against the Celina girls basketball team??? All in favor of the Argyle girls team that had already convincingly defeated Celina the two previous meetings??? And that there was NO WAY the UIL was gonna let Celina win this one cuz they want Argyle at the State Tourney??? Oh, LORD.....Please help me to be humble.

I wasn't there, so I can't have an opinion. In these days and times, nothing surprises me any more though.

Bleed orange
02-23-2014, 04:42 PM
So what are you insinuating? That there's some kind of purposeful rigged deal against the Celina girls basketball team??? All in favor of the Argyle girls team that had already convincingly defeated Celina the two previous meetings??? And that there was NO WAY the UIL was gonna let Celina win this one cuz they want Argyle at the State Tourney??? Oh, LORD.....Please help me to be humble.

I wasn't there, so I can't have an opinion. In these days and times, nothing surprises me any more though.
Not insinuating anything because I wasn't there either. In going off if comments from unbiased media members and other coaches that were there.