PDA

View Full Version : What baseball tournaments are your teams playing in this weekend?

Sweetwater Red
02-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Sweetwater is competing in the Granbury Classic Chevrolet Tournament.

Teams participating -

Granbury Pirates
Ranger JC JV
Mansfield Timberview Wolves
Stephenville Yellowjackets
Ft. Worth Paschal Panthers
Ft. Worth Western Hills Cougars
Abilene Cooper Cougars
Sweetwater Mustangs

poisoned10
02-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Gilmer is playing in the Chapel Hill Tournament. Not sure who all is participating.

Sent from my iPhone

Roughneck93
02-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Columbia and Sweeny are hosting.....

West of the Brazos Hit and Run Classic

Thursday Games in West Columbia
11:30 Columbia vs. Sealy
2:00 Sweeny vs. Danbury
4:30 Bay City vs. Northland Christian
7:00 Columbia vs. Northland Christian

Friday Games in Sweeny
11:30 Sweeny vs. Bay City
2:00 Sealy vs. Danbury
4:30 Columbia vs. Danbury
7:00 Sweeny vs. Northland Christian

Saturday Games in West Columbia
11:30 Sealy vs. Bay City
2:00 Sealy vs. Northland Christian
4:30 Danbury vs. Bay City
7:00 Columbia vs. Sweeny

Columbia and Sealy tied 8-8 earlier today.

Aggie98
02-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Kilgore is playing in the Pine Tree tournament.....

Pine Tree
Kilgore
Spring Hill
Diboll
Mt Pleasant
Little Cypress - Mauriceville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoop27
02-20-2014, 06:45 PM
I know Columbus has a tournament this weekend. I know Boling and Victoria West plus the Cardinals are playing

Scoop27
02-20-2014, 08:13 PM
WEST COLUMBIA — Twelve games, two locations and a bunch of balls and strikes will be called at the West of the Brazos Hit N Run Classic.

The three-day tournament opens today at Renfro Field in West Columbia, then moves to Sweeny’s baseball field for day two. On Saturday, the conclusion of the tournament will be back at Renfro Field in West Columbia.

The champion will be the team that walks away with the best record after all three days. Last year, that team was Sweeny.

Columbia (1-0) started the season on a good note Tuesday by taking care of Lamar Consolidated, 9-2, at Constellation Field in Sugar Land.

“Since we played there last year, our guys weren’t too nervous,” Columbia coach Jeff Shank said. “But I just want to see consistency from our kids, especially defensively. Pitching-wise, I want us to throw strikes and just keep the flow of the game at a good pace. I want our offense to hit the ball solid, and we have four games, so we will have a chance to see some pitches. We have a lot of arms and the kids want to win this tournament.”

Columbia opens at 11:30 a.m. today against Sealy and will have senior Erik Patterson on the hill. The Roughnecks return for a nightcap against Northland Christian, with sophomore Wade Hill seeing his first varsity action on the mound.

University of Houston-bound Seth Romero will pitch Friday.

“When we play Sweeny, I think everybody will see action,” Shanks said.

Columbia and Sweeny hook up on the final game of the tourney at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Ranked No. 6 in the TxHighschoolbaseball.com rankings, Danbury (0-1) is missing a lot of firepower. With the Panthers’ basketball team still in the playoffs, youngsters have taken up some of the positions for the meantime.

“We will have a lot of young guys and I will be looking for these kids to show me something, especially with an opportunity given to them like this,” Danbury second-year coach Javier Solis said. “I am looking for that diamond in the rough.”

Tyler Padgett, Markus Garza, Colby Mitchell and Bruce Thomas are among the pitchers expected to pulling some innings during the tournament.

“I want to see some solid defense from these young kids,” Solis said. “Some freshmen will get to see some pitches at the plate, so hopfeully their confidence will be there.”

The Panthers open at 2 p.m. today against Sweeny and will play two games on Friday and one on Saturday. Danbury reached the region semifinals last season.

Sweeny welcomes first-year coach David Luster, who has seven returning letter winners and five returning starters in Brendan Frankum, Ross Nairn, Taylor Robertson, Jairon Ordonez and Cody Erikson.

With only a game against Danbury today, the Bulldogs open at 11:30 a.m. Friday against Bay City and close out that day’s action at 7 p.m. against Northland Christian.

regaleagle
02-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Argyle will be hosting the Russell Athletic North Texas Classic starting Thurs. I listed Argyle's opponents in order of appearance on the BASEBALL SEASON OPENERS thread on page 3. Argyle will be the only Class 3A school....all others from higher classifications. The Eagles will play six different opponents in 3 days(2 per day) to kick-start their season. Argyle defeated West 1-0 on Monday in the season opener. Senior pitchers Drew Gooch and Parker Mushinski have already accepted scholarships to play at TCU and TTech, respectively. Both are lefties and Mushinski also plays first and bats lefty. Look for the Eagles to be a force this season with Brandon and younger brother Tanner Boyzuick also in the mix, among other standouts. Lots of leadership and experience on this team this season.

Sweetwater Red
02-20-2014, 09:51 PM
Sweetwater is competing in the Granbury Classic Chevrolet Tournament.

Teams participating -

Granbury Pirates
Ranger JC JV
Mansfield Timberview Wolves
Stephenville Yellowjackets
Ft. Worth Paschal Panthers
Ft. Worth Western Hills Cougars
Abilene Cooper Cougars
Sweetwater Mustangs

Sweetwater won both of their games today.

Sweetwater 4
Ft. Worth Paschal 1

Sweetwater 3
Granbury 2

Roughneck93
02-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Columbia and Sweeny are hosting.....

West of the Brazos Hit and Run Classic

Thursday Games in West Columbia
11:30 Columbia vs. Sealy
2:00 Sweeny vs. Danbury
4:30 Bay City vs. Northland Christian
7:00 Columbia vs. Northland Christian

Friday Games in Sweeny
11:30 Sweeny vs. Bay City
2:00 Sealy vs. Danbury
4:30 Columbia vs. Danbury
7:00 Sweeny vs. Northland Christian

Saturday Games in West Columbia
11:30 Sealy vs. Bay City
2:00 Sealy vs. Northland Christian
4:30 Danbury vs. Bay City
7:00 Columbia vs. Sweeny

Columbia and Sealy tied 8-8 earlier today.

Columbia 6 Northland Christian 1

Scoop27
02-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Surprised yall played-we had rain down here in Wharton area

Roughneck93
02-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Surprised yall played-we had rain down here in Wharton area

Just drizzled a bit throughout the game.

Rabid Cougar
02-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Waco ISD Tournament

Pool A
China Spring
Cleburne
Waco
Red Oak
Harker Heights
Lorena

Pool B
West
Ellison
Ennis
Groesbeck
Shoemaker
University

Pool play only.

Scoop27
02-21-2014, 11:33 AM
By BUTCH MCREYNOLDS sports@thefacts.com | 0 comments

WEST COLUMBIA — Columbia had to battle back from five runs down to gain an 8-8 tie Thursday with Sealy in the opener of the West of The Brazos Hit N Run Classic at Renfro Field.

Columbia (1-1-1) found itself behind 8-3 thanks to four crucial errors in the field along with some Sealy plate work.

“We really hurt ourselves with those errors, but we did come back to tie it up,” Columbia coach Jeff Shanks said.

The Roughnecks jumped to a 3-0 lead in the second inning. Jonathan Motal started the rally with a double, followed by a run-scoring single by Mason Cage and a two-run double by lead off hitter Stephan Barrera.

But the hard-hitting Tigers roared back and tallied five runs in the fourth off ’Neck starter Erik Patterson, then pounded out three more in the fifth inning to take that big lead.

Cage reached base in all four appearances at the plate, including a pair of singles and a towering homer with the wind over the left field fence that knotted the score in the fourth inning.

In that fourth frame against Sealy starter Holten Einhamp, Cage started it off with a single, followed by an infield error and a Tres Wachtel run-scoring single to right field. Barrera (2-for-4) popped home another run with a scorching double to left and then Chandler Thomas (3-for-4) plated the final two runs of the inning with a single to center field to cut the lead to 8-7.

Sealy threatened in the sixth with a lead off walk and an infield error before Cage shut it down with a pair of strikeouts and a popout in the infield.

SWEENY 13, DANBURY 0: The Sweeny Bulldogs blanked Danbury 13-0 in a five-inning bout.

Sweeny (2-0) hurler Brett Bullard, who went the five innings to pick up the victory, scattering three hits while striking out four Panthers on the day. Bullard got plenty of support from his teammates, including a big three-run clout over the left field fence by Brendan Frankum in a seven-run third inning.

Danbury (0-2) loaded the bases with no outs in the fourth inning thanks to a hit batsman, error and base on balls. Colby Mitchell then hit a scorching liner to Bulldog second baseman Dax McCleary, who missed the double off at first, but first sacker Frankum alertly mowed down a Panther trying to score from third on the play.

Sweeny put this one away early with a five-run outburst in the first inning. After a walk, hit batsman and sacrifice put runners on second and third, a throwing error by the Panther pitcher plated the first two runs. Another hit batsman, a single by Cody Erikson then two more infield errors by the Panther defense opened the gates for two more runs, followed by an RBI double by Shawn Kelley, who finished with a pair of hits and two RBIs on the day.

The Bulldogs added one more run in the fifth on a run-scoring single by Jairon Ordonez. Sweeny closed out with 10 hits on the day, but was also helped along by four walks, two hit basemen and four crucial errors.

Tyler Pagett had a double for the Panthers while Kolton Brockman and Lane Moore came up with a pair of singles.

44INAROW
02-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Cuero Gobbler tourney going here and in Shiner - I will try to get a list of teams

Sweetwater Red
02-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Sweetwater won both of their games today.

Sweetwater 4
Ft. Worth Paschal 1

Sweetwater 3
Granbury 2

Sweetwater split their two games today.

Sweetwater 14
Ft. Worth Western Hills 0

Led 13-0 after the first inning and game was called after the fourth.

Sweetwater 5
Abilene Cooper 6

The Mustangs last game of the tournament is early tomorrow against the Ranger JC JV

Roughneck93
02-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Today's game....

F/5

Columbia 13 Danbury 0

Seth Romero, Col - CG, 13 Ks, 1H

Erik Patterson, Col - 2 HRs (3 HRs on the year)

poisoned10
02-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Thursday:

Marshall - 8
Gilmer - 0

Friday:

Gilmer - 7
Brownsboro - 0

Gilmer - 6
Robert E Lee JV - 2

They are currently playing and beating Jacksonville 10-6 to finish out the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone

Aggie98
02-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Kilgore is playing in the Pine Tree tournament.....

Pine Tree
Kilgore
Spring Hill
Diboll
Mt Pleasant
Little Cypress - Mauriceville

Kilgore lost 6-1 to Diboll on Thursday.

We beat Mt. Pleasant 9-1 and LCM 4-0 on Friday.

Wrap up with Pine Tree today.

Phantom Stang
02-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Sweetwater 14
Ft. Worth Western Hills 0

Led 13-0 after the first inning and game was called after the fourth.

Uh oh! Western Hills has the parents who file bullying complaints when their kids get their butts handed to them.:doh:

poisoned10
02-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Thursday:

Marshall - 8
Gilmer - 0

Friday:

Gilmer - 7
Brownsboro - 0

Gilmer - 6
Robert E Lee JV - 2

They are currently playing and beating Jacksonville 10-6 to finish out the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone

Gilmer finished the tournament with a 10-7 win over Jacksonville to finish 3-1.

They are now 4-1 on the season and will host Lindale Monday before playing in the Arp tournament next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone

Roughneck93
02-22-2014, 11:11 PM
Columbia 9 Sweeny 2

It's been awhile....:2thumbsup

Necks finish the Hit and Run Classic with a 3-0-1 record and move to 4-0-1 overall.

regaleagle
02-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Argyle goes 3-3 in the Russell Athletic North Texas Classic tournament they hosted. They finished strong with a 13-hit, 4-homer 13-2 win against 5A Lake Highlands in which Drew Gooch pitched a 2 hitter gem. All teams Argyle faced were either 4A or 5A. They are now 4-3 for the season with their season opening win against West.