PDA

View Full Version : La Grange - Homer Bailey

hookandladder
02-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Homer signs long term deal with Reds - 6 year 105 million , not a bad payday.

FB-fanatic
02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Wow, that is some serious green!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pudlugger
02-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Wow, it is great to see Homer succeed. I hope he invests wisely.

YTBulldogs
02-19-2014, 07:58 PM
Wow, it is great to see Homer succeed. I hope he invests wisely.

Like, some field turf on ya'lls field's, huh Pud?

Pudlugger
02-19-2014, 08:24 PM

Not a bad idea there YT. We could use a new stadium and locker rooms too. We could name it Homer Field! Do you think folks would get the wrong idea?

Manso/V8
02-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Not a bad idea there YT. We could use a new stadium and locker rooms too. We could name it Homer Field! Do you think folks would get the wrong idea?

Homer Field would be a very appropriate name and folks would fully understand both meanings.

Manso/V8
02-19-2014, 11:22 PM

Everyone has their hand out already.....

hookandladder
02-20-2014, 07:18 AM
I do not know which field you guys talking about turfing but if it is our football field, then you guys are wacko if you think that is going to happen. Plain and simple.

caleb_mccaig
02-20-2014, 09:41 AM

Gotta love those MLB contracts, all of that is guaranteed even if he never steps foot on the diamond again.

coach
02-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Good for him. Bad contract by Cincy though...

hookandladder
02-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Good for him. Bad contract by Cincy though...

Why you say that, fill us in.

Saggy Aggie
02-20-2014, 11:32 PM

2 decent years out of a 5/6 year career justifies 105 Million???

coach
02-21-2014, 08:07 AM

Look at his numbers.... 105 million for an at best everage pitcher.

hookandladder
02-21-2014, 11:22 AM
2 decent years out of a 5/6 year career justifies 105 Million???

Yes every young pitchers just comes into the big league and is lights out , get a freaking clue.

hookandladder
02-21-2014, 11:29 AM
How many average pitchers have two no hitters in back to back season, yes that is normal out of a average pitcher. Why don't you and Saggy look at his numbers the last two years and tell me how many starting pitchers are better then him right now , his era and pitching in big games the last two years speak for them self .

Manso/V8
02-23-2014, 01:46 AM
Well, he must be pretty good if they ponied up $105 million.

I am happy for him and proud that he came from this part of Texas.

YTBulldogs
02-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Bailey followed up his 2012 breakout campaign with an even better 2013 season, highlighted by his second career no-hitter. Bailey improved across the board, posting a better ERA (3.49), WHIP (1.12), strikeout rate and home-run rate. The key for Bailey was a spike in his fastball velocity - after averaging 92.5 mph in 2012, his velocity rose to 94.1 mph in 2013. Based on that home little league park he pitches in, he's earned this nice contract IMO.

Saggy Aggie
02-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Yes every young pitchers just comes into the big league and is lights out , get a freaking clue.

LOL, i didnt say that. But 105 million? no....

hookandladder
02-23-2014, 11:19 AM
LOL, i didnt say that. But 105 million? no....

Pretty sure the guys making these decisions are a little more knowledgeable then you and I , arm chair opinions are like a holes , everybody has one.

Saggy Aggie
02-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Pretty sure the guys making these decisions are a little more knowledgeable then you and I , arm chair opinions are like a holes , everybody has one.

Right, and my opinion is that his body of work isnt worth being paid the 17th highest salary in the major leagues among starting pitchers. You think otherwise, probably because hes your hometown kid.

His contract is worth the same annual value as tim lincecum, who has also been in the majors for 7 seasons. For comparison, Lincecum has been an all star 4 times, won the cy young twice and anchored 2 world series winning rotations, winning the babe ruth award in 2010 for the MVP of the entire postseason.

Granted he has only pitched one no hitter, he did lead the NL in Ks 3 different times. He also has 4 complete seasons with ERAs significantly better than Bailey's best season (2013).

I'm not saying Bailey isnt a good pitcher and isnt coming into his own, all I'm saying is that Cincy overpaid, which is what coach said. Hes good but hes not elite. If he becomes elite is yet to be seen, but I dont think you get paid based on what you might do.

YTBulldogs
02-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Not sure The Freak pitches in a home hitters park like Homer though. Homer will never be the elite hurler pitching in that home park in Cincy. But, to get quality arms to come there, or stay there in Homers situation, Reds have to pay more. Cause, pitchers stat's will not be like they are when pitching in SF, LA or Petco Park in San Diego for sure.

Red have 3 more pitchers with contracts coming to an end. They will have to retain, and I see them getting a solid penny when offered a contract. Unlike pitchers in Colorado (another hitters park) the Red's are paying quality coin to get quality arms to come there. These pitchers could go to SF, SD (pitchers parks) and be that elite arm if they didn't.

hookandladder
02-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Right, and my opinion is that his body of work isnt worth being paid the 17th highest salary in the major leagues among starting pitchers. You think otherwise, probably because hes your hometown kid.

His contract is worth the same annual value as tim lincecum, who has also been in the majors for 7 seasons. For comparison, Lincecum has been an all star 4 times, won the cy young twice and anchored 2 world series winning rotations, winning the babe ruth award in 2010 for the MVP of the entire postseason.

Granted he has only pitched one no hitter, he did lead the NL in Ks 3 different times. He also has 4 complete seasons with ERAs significantly better than Bailey's best season (2013).

I'm not saying Bailey isnt a good pitcher and isnt coming into his own, all I'm saying is that Cincy overpaid, which is what coach said. Hes good but hes not elite. If he becomes elite is yet to be seen, but I dont think you get paid based on what you might do.

Like I said opinions are like a holes, everybody has one. Nuff said.