PDA

View Full Version : Non sports related items on the sports page?

orange machine
02-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Okay since my threads and some other peoples threads are being moved or deleted all together, I think its only fair that all threads that do not pertain to sports that are posted on the sports forum be removed!!

Im just saying if we are going to abide by the rules which I will do then the playing field needs to be the same for everybody!! So I make a complaint on the threads that do not pertain to sports and ask they be removed per the rules of this site!!!

Thanks for your attention in this matter,

Orange Machine

:1popcorn: :stirpot:

PhiI C
02-14-2014, 01:36 PM
That is up to the judgment of the moderators and we must accept their decisions.

orange machine
02-14-2014, 02:18 PM
That is up to the judgment of the moderators and we must accept their decisions.

I completely understand that, but regardless of what is being talked about I was told by a moderator that the sports forum is for sports only. All other threads not related to sports are supposed to be in the non sports forum, but yet I keep seeing things that have nothing to do with sports on the sports page. Again lets make it right and fair for all!!!

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 02:19 PM
I completely understand that, but regardless of what is being talked about I was told by a moderator that the sports forum is for sports only. All other threads not related to sports are supposed to be in the non sports forum, but yet I keep seeing things that have nothing to do with sports on the sports page. Again lets make it right and fair for all!!!

:ditto:

Scoop27
02-14-2014, 03:16 PM
How does a person become a moderator and what responsibilities does he or she have?

lostaussie
02-14-2014, 04:18 PM
How does a person become a moderator and what responsibilities does he or she have?You have to post as much information about the Houston area sports scene as possible. Responsibilities include finding the most assinine stories available.

WOS87
02-14-2014, 04:33 PM
:1popcorn:

I believe we have said time and time again that during the off-season non-sports related items can be posted in the main forum EXCEPT for threads with inflammatory topics such as religion, politics, etc.. There is a donating members forum where those threads already are and you are welcome to donate and join in the fun down there. And in regards to becoming a moderator you have to make a significant contribution to the site in some way and show that you can be level-headed and diffuse problems that arise without exploding and also be voted in by the other mods and admins. I got my spot originally from all the histories and statistics I posted for years, then they eventually offered me a co-ownership. If you want to know a little about me, I'm 44, am a Medical Doctor, and run my own private practice in Houston so I have a little experience dealing with people and their problems and conflicts. I try to be as fair as possible and feel that I can be approached if there are any major issues but there are times when I do have to put my foot down and I know some people disagree with decisions that are made but it's impossible to make everyone happy. Have a nice weekend!

lostaussie
02-14-2014, 04:59 PM
show that you can be level-headed and diffuse problems that arise without exploding ! That eliminates all of the ones that have been discussing the issue at hand :D

Tejastrue
02-14-2014, 05:03 PM
:1popcorn:

I believe we have said time and time again that during the off-season non-sports related items can be posted in the main forum EXCEPT for threads with inflammatory topics such as religion, politics, etc.. There is a donating members forum where those threads already are and you are welcome to donate and join in the fun down there. And in regards to becoming a moderator you have to make a significant contribution to the site in some way and show that you can be level-headed and diffuse problems that arise without exploding and also be voted in by the other mods and admins. I got my spot originally from all the histories and statistics I posted for years, then they eventually offered me a co-ownership. If you want to know a little about me, I'm 44, am a Medical Doctor, and run my own private practice in Houston so I have a little experience dealing with people and their problems and conflicts. I try to be as fair as possible and feel that I can be approached if there are any major issues but there are times when I do have to put my foot down and I know some people disagree with decisions that are made but it's impossible to make everyone happy. Have a nice weekend!

Hey Doc...I got this mole... :wave:

lostaussie
02-14-2014, 05:06 PM
I'm 44 And you are not 44.............Lorey is

WOS87
02-14-2014, 05:13 PM
And you are not 44.............Lorey is

I see what you did there :p

movethechain
02-14-2014, 05:32 PM
... but it's impossible to make everyone happy.

Wrong! Everyone is happy with the stats you provide. You do a super fantastic job with the teams and numbers. :2thumbsup

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Okay since my threads and some other peoples threads are being moved or deleted all together, I think its only fair that all threads that do not pertain to sports that are posted on the sports forum be removed!!

Im just saying if we are going to abide by the rules which I will do then the playing field needs to be the same for everybody!! So I make a complaint on the threads that do not pertain to sports and ask they be removed per the rules of this site!!!

Thanks for your attention in this matter,

Orange Machine

:1popcorn: :stirpot:

Hey Orange, if it makes you feel any better, not a single person responded to my "One Square Mile: Port Isabel" post. Not even a "wow, PI looks really nice!" or anything like that. So yeah, chill out and leave the Mods alone.

1st and goal
02-14-2014, 07:33 PM
but it's impossible to make everyone happy.

You can say that again, but I went ahead and did it for you to save you the time.

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2014, 07:34 PM

Actually that is NOT what you were told. Just keep it up. :)

orange machine
02-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Actually that is NOT what you were told. Just keep it up. :)

I wasn't speaking of you!