PDA

View Full Version : Let's hope

coach
02-14-2014, 08:10 AM
today is as exciting as it was yesterday. Casey, lets see if we can get 4 threads moved today.

Old Tiger
02-14-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm about to get off work at 8 then go home and take a 4-5 hour nap then begin valentines festivities, heading to Austin, and seeing Aaron Watson tonight. Maybe I can squeeze in some time. I'm thinking of getting with an associate and buying the servers out from under the current administration though.

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 08:13 AM
today is as exciting as it was yesterday. Casey, lets see if we can get 4 threads moved today.

i am sure that we can if i am involved.

panfan
02-14-2014, 08:39 AM
I'm about to get off work at 8 then go home and take a 4-5 hour nap then begin valentines festivities, heading to Austin, and seeing Aaron Watson tonight. Maybe I can squeeze in some time. I'm thinking of getting with an associate and buying the servers out from under the current administration though.

ooooo! coup de tat

coach
02-14-2014, 09:08 AM

We gotta think of a name for the association

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 09:13 AM
We gotta think of a name for the association

ok how about The Downlow Mobs? i will keep thinking

Old Tiger
02-14-2014, 09:26 AM
We gotta think of a name for the associationcoalition of disgruntled posters

panfan
02-14-2014, 09:30 AM
coalition of disgruntled posters

Why don't ya'll get the admins to put up another forum for these threads. On the old coach site, even under the sports forum, they have a perpetual thread for political views and such. Its entertaining, and for the most part is not out in full public view. And besides since its mostly coaches posting on there, some if it is damn entertaining, as there is a wide range of intelligence or lack there of displayed!!!

Old Tiger
02-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Why don't ya'll get the admins to put up another forum for these threads. On the old coach site, even under the sports forum, they have a perpetual thread for political views and such. Its entertaining, and for the most part is not out in full public view. And besides since its mostly coaches posting on there, some if it is damn entertaining, as there is a wide range of intelligence or lack there of displayed!!!

It's up to the irrational bigots who run this site. We are mere puppets they beg for donations to keep it afloat and expect us to pay for a dictatorship.

panfan
02-14-2014, 09:38 AM
It's up to the irrational bigots who run this site. We are mere puppets they beg for donations to keep it afloat and expect us to pay for a dictatorship.

Why don't you setup a poll and pose the question: Who is in favor of another section for the downlow for political views and such? I know its a monarchy, but hey, ya might get lucky and get another subforum for that discussion platform. Just a thought....

Old Tiger
02-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Why don't you setup a poll and pose the question: Who is in favor of another section for the downlow for political views and such? I know its a monarchy, but hey, ya might get lucky and get another subforum for that discussion platform. Just a thought....

Much like the Obama anything I want will be blocked by congress aka the staff here.

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 09:39 AM
i have a question when they move a thread where do they move it to? do they just delete it and its gone forever?

Old Tiger
02-14-2014, 09:42 AM
i have a question when they move a thread where do they move it to? do they just delete it and its gone forever?

Donating members forum which sucks or the moderator forum. They want you to pay to air your opinions on a PUBLIC message board.

panfan
02-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Donating members forum which sucks or the moderator forum. They want you to pay to air your opinions on a PUBLIC message board.
I'm curious - where is this donating members forum. I donated last year when they asked for donations, and yet I can't see this donating members forum???

Old Tiger
02-14-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm curious - where is this donating members forum. I donated last year when they asked for donations, and yet I can't see this donating members forum???depends on how much you donate.

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 09:51 AM

thank you sir. that don't really seem right to me to have to pay to voice my opinion on a public board. but they are the ones paying for this so guess they can do whatever they want.

panfan
02-14-2014, 09:51 AM
depends on how much you donate.

I guess then my $25 bucks was insufficient for the first class treatment.

Old Tiger
02-14-2014, 09:52 AM
thank you sir. that don't really seem right to me to have to pay to voice my opinion on a public board. but they are the ones paying for this so guess they can do whatever they want.
But they really aren't. They ask the posters of this site for donations to keep it afloat. I'm sure they do pay some and have paid some out of their pocket. But you can't run this like a dictatorship and expect those on this board to donate just to express their opinion on a public site.

Old Tiger
02-14-2014, 09:53 AM

You just aren't chosen.

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 09:58 AM
You just aren't chosen.

so let get this straight if donate say $50.00 then i can say whatever i want in the donate members forum and they cant kick me out or close the thread?

coach
02-14-2014, 10:10 AM
so let get this straight if donate say $50.00 then i can say whatever i want in the donate members forum and they cant kick me out or close the thread?

supposedly

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 10:15 AM
supposedly

who are the all the ones that run the site is just one or more?

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 10:36 AM
you know i have figured something out. i have posted threads for sports before and some of them never get replies, but someone starts an off the wall thread and it goes crazy and then gets shutdown why is that? guess i am just not smart enough to understand them kind things

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 10:39 AM
who are the all the ones that run the site is just one or more?

nevermind on this question i found them. it helps if scroll down

panfan
02-14-2014, 10:46 AM
You just aren't chosen.

I'm hurt. :bigcry:

1st and goal
02-14-2014, 11:49 AM
2 sides to the coin. Can't exactly have anarchy, but how far can you go and still be considered civil?
I didn't see the site yesterday so I am out of the loop.
Political threads go downhill quickly. Starts with ad hominem then further degrades with threats.
Keep it civil and you won't have to sleep with 1 eye open.

caleb_mccaig
02-14-2014, 11:57 AM
I just facebook messaged Chuck about the issue.

Saggy Aggie
02-14-2014, 12:01 PM
I've donated several times under different usernames of course and have never had access to this donating members forum :(

OldBison75
02-14-2014, 01:35 PM
There is no requirement for anyone to have to pay to post within the rules of the forum. It is only when you continue to push the limits of the rules that a problem comes up. Then the moderators are put in a position to make a decision to either delete or move a post. I have been here a long time and never had an issue with any of my posts, probably because I state my opinion and respect others opinions and move on. I usually enjoy this site and enjoy the exchanges that come from other posters, but, when the board begins to fill with insults and every thread gets hijacked by certain posters it becomes very frustrating and I just leave for awhile. I have decided that there are just some folks that are not happy except when they are trying to prove they are better than someone else.

pirate4state
02-14-2014, 01:37 PM

just start another board (oh wait...) or if you don't like the way this one is run (for the umpteenth time!) LEAVE. No one is forcing you to stay and/or continue to come back, hell you've been kicked out more than anyone else. LMAO

Happy Valentine's Day, Casey :kiss:

pirate4state
02-14-2014, 01:38 PM
There is no requirement for anyone to have to pay to post within the rules of the forum. It is only when you continue to push the limits of the rules that a problem comes up. Then the moderators are put in a position to make a decision to either delete or move a post. I have been here a long time and never had an issue with any of my posts, probably because I state my opinion and respect others opinions and move on. I usually enjoy this site and enjoy the exchanges that come from other posters, but, when the board begins to fill with insults and every thread gets hijacked by certain posters it becomes very frustrating and I just leave for awhile. I have decided that there are just some folks that are not happy except when they are trying to prove they are better than someone else.

:blahblah: :blahblah: every time i see your posts :devil::taunt:

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 01:42 PM
:blahblah: :blahblah: every time i see your posts :devil::taunt:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 01:51 PM
ok i have pestered you guys enough this week i am going back to being nice. i just love getting all of you riled up it is so easy. since there is no football got keep a thread going as best as you can. i just sit at desk and lmao at all the comments. it has been fun. to all of you have a happy V day.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-14-2014, 01:52 PM
I usually enjoy this site and enjoy the exchanges that come from other posters, but, when the board begins to fill with insults and every thread gets hijacked by certain posters it becomes very frustrating and I just leave for awhile. I have decided that there are just some folks that are not happy except when they are trying to prove they are better than someone else. Agree! I usually TRY and stay away from this site til the start of baseball so I don't get tempted to open threads that are like these.

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2014, 07:40 PM

I think you'll get my opinion.

bobcat1
02-14-2014, 07:56 PM
I think you'll get my opinion.
I think he got it now. :wave: Casey

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2014, 08:13 PM

I'm updating that...just will take a few because I want to make sure I get all. :)

Maroon87
02-14-2014, 10:23 PM
Ya know I've posted on numerous message boards over the years and whenever I didn't like the way one of them was being run I just stopped posting. Seems pretty easy. Of course I'm not an attention junkie either...