PDA

View Full Version : Football Camps

Dub-C
02-12-2014, 11:19 PM
My son has received two letters, one from Prepstar and Prep Football America. My questions are, Has anyone been to these camps that you have to pay and are they worth it?

panfan
02-13-2014, 08:23 AM
My son has received two letters, one from Prepstar and Prep Football America. My questions are, Has anyone been to these camps that you have to pay and are they worth it?

We too have been getting hit hard by recruiting services. Prepstar looks like a recruiting service. We went to one last summer billed as a combine, but turned out to be a recruiting service. Yes - he did combine like activities, but in the end, it was a recruiting service. Got a call the other night out of the blue by a recruiter saying I know your coach, we go way back. Blah blah. In the end, I could tell this guy was just looking for another score of 800 to 1500 bucks.
Anyway good luck!

Also, here is a good read by a recently selected player from Westwood about his recruiting experience. Well written and some good advice from a young man who clearly has a bright future.

http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/varsity-news/2014/feb/10/westwoods-moore-writes-about-his-recruiting-experi/

Dub-C
02-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the in panfan.

Dub-C
02-13-2014, 08:48 AM
Info

panfan
02-13-2014, 11:39 AM

We are heading to Randy Rogers Bluechip round up this weekend - its free. Check out his website if interested. I'm going so I can learn something and maybe put a video in someone's hand that can put it in someone else's hands.

hookandladder
02-13-2014, 03:04 PM
We are heading to Randy Rogers Bluechip round up this weekend - its free. Check out his website if interested. I'm going so I can learn something and maybe put a video in someone's hand that can put it in someone else's hands.

If this camp is the same one my son went to after his Junior that was invite only from Randy Rogers , definitely worth it. No money and they video his every move at the camp, we went to the one in Houston. Good Luck.

LH Panther Mom
02-13-2014, 08:03 PM

RR Round up is probably THE BEST few hours I spent for Brandon's recruiting. :2thumbsup

Dub-C
02-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Thanks for all the responses. My son is just a Soph so I'm really just trying to figure out the whole process. I do have professional help from a former NFL player but haven't talked to him him about it yet cause of his age.

Gone Fishing
02-13-2014, 10:10 PM
College Promoters of Texas is a small family owned business in San Antonio. It is worth checking them out. They were great with our process and the learning of how it all works, especially if your not a 4 or 5 star recruit. CPOTX.com

panfan
02-14-2014, 07:26 AM
College Promoters of Texas is a small family owned business in San Antonio. It is worth checking them out. They were great with our process and the learning of how it all works, especially if your not a 4 or 5 star recruit. CPOTX.com

GF - Tell me more about these guys - they called me the other day from out of the blue, so it sounded fishy. I looked at their website, and seemed legit. But you dealt with them in the past??

hookandladder
02-14-2014, 07:44 AM
GF - Tell me more about these guys - they called me the other day from out of the blue, so it sounded fishy. I looked at their website, and seemed legit. But you dealt with them in the past??

I would suggest a sit down meeting with Randy Rogers ( Around $200 to $250 ) , he will give you straight honest advice as far as where your son fit's in level wise. This will give you an idea of what school's your son should be looking at and which camps to attend this summer, the recruiting process as I have said before is crazy and hard to figuire out. Randy Rogers can put you on the right track early on of where and what to be doing for the next year or two, well worth the money and is one time fee. You can also still stay in contact with him after the meeting with E Mail's, he really works hard for the kids.

panfan
02-14-2014, 08:00 AM
I would suggest a sit down meeting with Randy Rogers ( Around $200 to $250 ) , he will give you straight honest advice as far as where your son fit's in level wise. This will give you an idea of what school's your son should be looking at and which camps to attend this summer, the recruiting process as I have said before is crazy and hard to figuire out. Randy Rogers can put you on the right track early on of where and what to be doing for the next year or two, well worth the money and is one time fee. You can also still stay in contact with him after the meeting with E Mail's, he really works hard for the kids.

Thanks Hook - good advice, will get an opportunity this weekend to ask questions at the workshop which might lead to what you suggest.

Gone Fishing
02-14-2014, 11:49 AM

They are a Small company, family owned, good people. I would recommend the free meeting interview for sure for sure. Unless its changed it will be with the owner. He will interview your kid and you and give you a load of great info about getting to the next level. Tell him the guy from Wimberley recommended them. What was weird too was no other kid from here got that call, so it made me feel like they were' nt just calling anybody on a list. We had a lot of great players here. Good luck.

hookandladder
02-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Thanks Hook - good advice, will get an opportunity this weekend to ask questions at the workshop which might lead to what you suggest.

There was very little contact with Rogers at the camp my son attended, you can look up his web site and set up a in home visit from him. Good luck to your son.