PDA

View Full Version : Texas top softball player ruled enlgible for varsity at East Bernard

Scoop27
02-12-2014, 01:33 PM
http://www.chron.com/default/article/Reigning-Texas-Softball-Player-of-the-Year-ruled-5225963.php

PhiI C
02-12-2014, 01:36 PM
How does Poth Volleyball get away with it?

Weebe
02-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Why would you transfer from pearland to EB for athletic purposes?

pearland made the quarterfinals in 5a last year and EB missed the playoffs in 2a.

Scoop27
02-12-2014, 02:03 PM
in my opinion she was voted inelgible mainly because she was from East Bernard and not that she moved for sports purposes. There is a lot of dislike in this district and jealousy

Crow22
02-12-2014, 02:09 PM
in my opinion she was voted inelgible mainly because she was from East Bernard and not that she moved for sports purposes. There is a lot of dislike in this district and jealousy

Scoop...as a former AD in that district, I can tell you for FACT that what you're saying is (again) wrong.

That district is made up of ADs and Superintendents who, not only get along VERY well, but are as professional as any I've been apart of. If they voted her ineligible then there was more than sufficient evidence to support it. There is NO "EB bias" like you think.

Emerson1
02-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Scoop...as a former AD in that district, I can tell you for FACT that what you're saying is (again) wrong.

That district is made up of ADs and Superintendents who, not only get along VERY well, but are as professional as any I've been apart of. If they voted her ineligible then there was more than sufficient evidence to support it. There is NO "EB bias" like you think.

From the outside looking in it looks 100% like the other schools are scared. She will at the very least single handily get EB into the playoffs.

Obviously you are friends with these guys so your opinion is probably a little biased too.

Scoop27
02-12-2014, 02:30 PM
It's the girl who is suffering the consequences here. It will be interesting to see what the UIL state committee will do if it goes to them. At least she can play at the JV level. What a bout the other two girls moved to East Bernard and are nowplaing. As one poster said why would a player and her family from Pearland just move to EB to play a sport

maestro
02-12-2014, 02:32 PM

Scoop, I agree with you. But, why don't you scoop around and find some hard facts why she was not allowed to play varsity..

XMan
02-12-2014, 02:44 PM
They can appeal to the UIL. EB might have some pull at UIL with some Bellville mafia connections. Supposedly, there were two really good softball players that moved to EB.

Scoop27
02-12-2014, 03:09 PM
After EB won state in 2009, their program spiraled some. Danbury has always dominated this district

speedbump
02-12-2014, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=maestro;1803440]Scoop, I agree with you. But, why don't you scoop around and find some hard facts why she was not allowed to play varsity..[/QUOT

As soon as the Chronicle lands in his front yard with those hard facts in it,he will get back to you.

Old Tiger
02-13-2014, 02:04 AM
Scoop, I agree with you. But, why don't you scoop around and find some hard facts why she was not allowed to play varsity..

As soon as the Chronicle lands in his front yard with those hard facts in it,he will get back to you.
lol.

Gone Fishing
02-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Thats dumb on the JV opportunity... Every JV team they play will score zero.

YTBulldogs
02-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Thats dumb on the JV opportunity... Every JV team they play will score zero.

yup.

Scoop27
02-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Heard today this girl moved back to Pearland to play

YTBulldogs
02-15-2014, 12:28 AM

Why? That move is for athletic purposes. That's what got her in trouble at EB.

SHSBulldog00
02-15-2014, 12:33 AM

Why? That move is for athletic purposes. That's what got her in trouble at EB.

Are her parents separated? One in Pearland and the other in East Bernard......That would make sense to me.

cards4me
02-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Are her parents separated? One in Pearland and the other in East Bernard......That would make sense to me.

Sounds like she is moving back to Pearland for athletic purposes !!!

NastySlot
02-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Good Luck with that..

Hey Scoop tell us about these other move ins EB got. Where are they from?

Manso/V8
02-16-2014, 11:42 PM
They can appeal to the UIL. EB might have some pull at UIL with some Bellville mafia connections. Supposedly, there were two really good softball players that moved to EB.

Bellville mafia connections.......LOL!

YTBulldogs
02-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Sounds like she is moving back to Pearland for athletic purposes !!!

I was told that was her options. Either play JV at EB, or go back to school you had moved from, Pearland -- and play varsity.

SHSBulldog00
02-17-2014, 12:16 AM
As of right now she is still in EB.

Scoop27
02-17-2014, 06:39 PM
I know East Bernard is playing at Bellville tonight

zebrablue2
02-18-2014, 08:40 AM
East Bernard beat Bellville 9-5. It was 5-5 going into the 7th, when EB put up 4 to seal it. That young lady hit a 2 run shot to right-center and played SS on JV.

Scoop27
02-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Were you at the game Zebra?

zebrablue2
02-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Were you at the game Zebra?

Yes, had a close up view!!

Scoop27
02-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Was told today by an East Bernard business owner that the school is awaiting a UIL executive meeting to be scheduled to finally finalize the matter. This person said they didn't have a date though

zebrablue2
02-19-2014, 08:34 PM
JMO, she should be moved up to var ball, let the kids play I say...

SHSBulldog00
02-19-2014, 08:59 PM
JMO, she should be moved up to var ball, let the kids play I say...

:iagree:

Crow22
02-20-2014, 07:33 AM
:iagree:

Deion Sanders would agree with you guys that say "just let the kids play!" I mean, who cares if it's legal or not, right?

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Deion Sanders would agree with you guys that say "just let the kids play!" I mean, who cares if it's legal or not, right?

Really. With the "just let them play" idea, we'd have players heading all over the place each July, then returning over the Christmas break to their original home. Just to repeat this till they graduate.

panfan
02-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Why would you transfer from pearland to EB for athletic purposes?

pearland made the quarterfinals in 5a last year and EB missed the playoffs in 2a.

Maybe, just maybe, the coach is a turd, and she didn't want to play for that person. And here's a new flash, they may have made the playoffs based on talent alone and not coaching. I don't know, maybe the coach is a super person, and great coach. Fact is, many HS softball coaches are clueless, and most tournament teams would make HS varsity teams look like rec leagues. We dread every year when HS ball starts.

hookandladder
02-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Maybe, just maybe, the coach is a turd, and she didn't want to play for that person. And here's a new flash, they may have made the playoffs based on talent alone and not coaching. I don't know, maybe the coach is a super person, and great coach. Fact is, many HS softball coaches are clueless, and most tournament teams would make HS varsity teams look like rec leagues. We dread every year when HS ball starts.

Yes high school softball coaches are hard to find, when you get a good one you better figuire out a way to keep him or her. I have seen many so called select team not much better, you have to pay to play on a solid select team. Girls select ball ( Volleyball and Softball) is out the roof, they demand more time then high school sports. Better have deep pockets and willing to committ, I have seen many girls get burned out by the time they reach their sophomore year. The boy's come into the pictures and it is down hill from there, only the true committed players reach the next level.

NTFan
02-20-2014, 11:39 AM

"most tournament teams would make HS varsity teams look like rec leagues.".....

Really? lol FYI- Tournament teams are "all-star" teams. They hand pick their players from anywhere they want. They have try-outs and not everyone is taken as part of the tournament team. High Schools have RULES that they have to play by. Their kids must live in the attendance zone for which they participate. I would hope just about every "tournament team" is better than most high schools. I wouldn't bank on all that being the coaching. It's very easy to coach kids who are talented, dedicated, and motivated. It's when you have to coach the kids who aren't that you get to see how good of a coach you are.

Same can be said for basketball too. Most good AAU teams could beat any high school for the same reasons as mentioned above.

And no, Im not a softball coach.

pancho villa
02-20-2014, 11:52 AM

This could be the most idiotic post I have ever seen on this site.

panfan
02-20-2014, 12:30 PM
"most tournament teams would make HS varsity teams look like rec leagues.".....

Really? lol FYI- Tournament teams are "all-star" teams. They hand pick their players from anywhere they want. They have try-outs and not everyone is taken as part of the tournament team. High Schools have RULES that they have to play by. Their kids must live in the attendance zone for which they participate. I would hope just about every "tournament team" is better than most high schools. I wouldn't bank on all that being the coaching. It's very easy to coach kids who are talented, dedicated, and motivated. It's when you have to coach the kids who aren't that you get to see how good of a coach you are.

Same can be said for basketball too. Most good AAU teams could beat any high school for the same reasons as mentioned above.

And no, Im not a softball coach.

I'm not speaking for the entire state - but in most metropolitan areas, the girls going on to play HS softball have likely already been playing some form of tournament ball. That means, they are experienced, dedicated, and motivated. Some of the these HS coaches are basically gift wrapped a team every year. Some HS softball coaches may have to go with who is coming out for the sport, but they also have 4 years worth of players to choose from - freshman to seniors. In many schools - that's a lot of choice selection for a coach and more than a tournament ball coach might ever see show up at their tryouts.

Maybe some of the rural schools don't have this luxury and yes they have to play with what they got. Tournament teams are not always all star teams - given the number of players and the number of teams out there, and only a select few are truly compilations of individual stars (i.e., gold teams), but many are compilations of decent athletes who want to play ball. Just like in any sport, how good a coach you are depends on what you do with the talent you have.

Here is a recent example in our area - a relatively new school hires an accomplished player (college and beyond) to coach its varsity and junior varsity teams - The lady could clearly PLAY softball. These teams struggled under her. While she was a good player, she wasn't necessarily a good coach. And it wasn't due to a lack of talent - heck we played against many of those girls in tournament ball - and they were damn good. Here just a few years later - new coach, and the teams are really stout.

panfan
02-20-2014, 12:33 PM
This could be the most idiotic post I have ever seen on this site.

Since its idiotic why don't you enlighten us -