PDA

View Full Version : Allen to offer state rings to students

caleb_mccaig
02-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Well.....I'll tell you what, if I was on this team I'd be pretty pissed off. I don't think the people who had nothing to do with that team's success should have an opportunity to have a share of the spoils.

http://texashsfootball.com/2014/02/11/allen-isd-selling-commemorative-state-title-rings/

Aesculus gilmus
02-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Follow the Benjamins.

My thought here would be that any non-jock student who is this easily separated from his money probably won't be able to afford to buy a house in the Allen ISD in this lifetime.

Rabid Cougar
02-12-2014, 11:29 AM
My feelings about "Finalist/2nd Place" rings. ( yes my beloved Cameron Yoemen got them the year they lost to Daingerfield.:flaming: as did Robinson when they lost in 2006).

Thank goodness Caleb's bunch at CS didn't do that in 2007.

If you don't win it, you dont get it.

Trashman
02-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Well.....I'll tell you what, if I was on this team I'd be pretty pissed off. I don't think the people who had nothing to do with that team's success should have an opportunity to have a share of the spoils.

http://texashsfootball.com/2014/02/11/allen-isd-selling-commemorative-state-title-rings/

Nothing to do with it? If the students didn't attend the games and support the team I doubt they make it past the third round. The ring they are offering to the students is different than the players rings. I have no problem with it, as a matter of fact they should open it up to the parents and boosters as well.

caleb_mccaig
02-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Nothing to do with it? If the students didn't attend the games and support the team I doubt they make it past the third round. The ring they are offering to the students is different than the players rings. I have no problem with it, as a matter of fact they should open it up to the parents and boosters as well.

Should they give gold medals to all of us who watch the Olympics?

Oh wait, the U.S. sucks at Olympic sports now. I guess it would be bronze. :evil:

Phantom Stang
02-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Why not emboss the word "Fan" on the non-players rings and offer them to everyone?

pirate4state
02-12-2014, 01:55 PM

They can buy a t-shirt.

No way should anyone other than a football player/coach/trainers get a ring. But that's just my opinion

Yoe_09
02-12-2014, 02:18 PM
My feelings about "Finalist/2nd Place" rings. ( yes my beloved Cameron Yoemen got them the year they lost to Daingerfield.:flaming: as did Robinson when they lost in 2006).

Thank goodness Caleb's bunch at CS didn't do that in 2007.

If you don't win it, you dont get it.

I don't believe there was a football ring that year. However, there was a lone star cup ring ordered.

Overall, I don't like this. The only people that should be getting a ring are the coaching staff, players, and admin.

caleb_mccaig
02-12-2014, 02:22 PM
They can buy a t-shirt.

No way should anyone other than a football player/coach/trainers get a ring. But that's just my opinion

Agreed.

IMO it's the equivalent as a football player going and cheering on someone who doesn't play football at taking the ACT, and if they get a good grade and get into a great school then the football player who cheered them on should get in as well. Someone supporting and individual doesn't make them deserving of the same rewards.

XMan
02-12-2014, 02:48 PM
There is a HUGE misconception about state championship rings. Most people think that the players/coaches get these things for free. WRONG. Due to UIL restrictions, the players have to buy their rings. (or at least someone has to give them the money and say the kid bought it) Anyone that wants a ring can call up the company and get the same ring as long as you pay for it. Heck, these ring companies will make you whatever kind of ring you want at any time, just as long as you are paying. So, order all the rings you want!

Farmersfan
02-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Agreed.

IMO it's the equivalent as a football player going and cheering on someone who doesn't play football at taking the ACT, and if they get a good grade and get into a great school then the football player who cheered them on should get in as well. Someone supporting and individual doesn't make them deserving of the same rewards.

A State Championship ring isn't a "Reward"! It's a piece of memorabilia. I do think the player's rings should be original in some way but any person on this planet is entitled to go purchase whatever kind of ring they want to. What kind of benefit does a parent or fan get from having a State Title ring after the high school football team wins the title? It's nothing but a tool to remember and support that team. No different than goofy ass Cowboy fans buying Superbowl jerseys after the Cowboys won the Title or some of our smarter citizens buying Johnny Football Heisman Jerseys after he won that award..... Except at the high school level the fans and the parents ACTUALLY do have a lot to do with the success of the team!

Rabid Cougar
02-12-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't believe there was a football ring that year. However, there was a lone star cup ring ordered.

Overall, I don't like this. The only people that should be getting a ring are the coaching staff, players, and admin.

Yea I was giving a Cameron coach crap about it at a powerlifting meet. It might have been the other one but he didn't say that it was.

Old Tiger
02-12-2014, 07:25 PM
A State Championship ring isn't a "Reward"! It's a piece of memorabilia. I do think the player's rings should be original in some way but any person on this planet is entitled to go purchase whatever kind of ring they want to. What kind of benefit does a parent or fan get from having a State Title ring after the high school football team wins the title? It's nothing but a tool to remember and support that team. No different than goofy ass Cowboy fans buying Superbowl jerseys after the Cowboys won the Title or some of our smarter citizens buying Johnny Football Heisman Jerseys after he won that award..... Except at the high school level the fans and the parents ACTUALLY do have a lot to do with the success of the team!

shut up

Ernest T Bass
02-12-2014, 08:23 PM
I don't particularly care for the idea, but the fan rings will not look like the player and coach rings. Pearland did the same thing when they won it a few years ago.
As for "State finalist" rings; even the NFL gives conference championship rings to the Super Bowl loser. Being a state finalist is a helluva accomplishment. I see nothing wrong with a ring to commemorate that.

Bleed orange
02-12-2014, 08:54 PM
I don't particularly care for the idea, but the fan rings will not look like the player and coach rings. Pearland did the same thing when they won it a few years ago.
As for "State finalist" rings; even the NFL gives conference championship rings to the Super Bowl loser. Being a state finalist is a helluva accomplishment. I see nothing wrong with a ring to commemorate that.

We can't do this in Celina or everyone would walk around looking like Mr. T..

Rabid Cougar
02-12-2014, 10:07 PM

Yes they are AFC/NFC Conference "Champions". SC champion finalist get a nice team trophy/ a big silver UIL medal and the oppertunity to put a big state of Texas patch on thier lettermans jackets.

Ring are for Champions and only for the team that played on the field, not the fans, not the band and not the cheerleaders.

Old Tiger
02-12-2014, 11:11 PM
We can't do this in Celina or everyone would walk around looking like Mr. T..

not lately.

Bleed orange
02-13-2014, 12:17 AM
not lately.

8 is still 8.. Jealousy is a B****

Old Tiger
02-13-2014, 01:08 AM
8 is still 8.. Jealousy is a B****

7 years bro, jealous of what exactly?

Ernest T Bass
02-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Yes they are AFC/NFC Conference "Champions". SC champion finalist get a nice team trophy/ a big silver UIL medal and the oppertunity to put a big state of Texas patch on thier lettermans jackets.

Ring are for Champions and only for the team that played on the field, not the fans, not the band and not the cheerleaders.

So, if the state finalist rings said "State Semifinal Champions", would you feel better?

Bleed orange
02-13-2014, 09:09 AM
7 years bro, jealous of what exactly?
How many rings you got !?

Rabid Cougar
02-13-2014, 10:34 AM
So, if the state finalist rings said "State Semifinal Champions", would you feel better?

I reiterate. Rings are for winning STATE Championships. When LBJ, Kobe, Michael and Magic refer to "Rings", they are NBA Championship Rings, not conference championship rings, if there is such a thing.

Old Tiger
02-13-2014, 11:03 AM
How many rings you got !?
State title rings don't make you a better person or individual. What am I supposed to be jealous of exactly though?

Bleed orange
02-13-2014, 11:16 AM
State title rings don't make you a better person or individual. What am I supposed to be jealous of exactly though?

You continue to try to discredit Celina. Like I said how many SC do you have?? When's the last time your team won one??

Snotbubbles
02-13-2014, 11:23 AM
You continue to try to discredit Celina. Like I said how many SC do you have?? When's the last time your team won one??

:spitlol:

Cam
02-13-2014, 11:25 AM
I saw "Lord of the Rings" once....didn't understand it...........:vrycnfsd:

c-town_balla
02-13-2014, 12:20 PM
I can unequivocally say that Cameron DID NOT PURCHASE state finalist rings. There is no point arguing as it didn't happen.

However since 2010 Cameron has purchased THESE Rings

Clockwise from top left. 2010-11 Lone Star Cup, 2011 Girls Track, 2011 Baseball, 2012 Football. Missing 2013 Football
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b2c3c91030&view=fimg&th=1442c3d0494837c9&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ8fFDPxbKrkf1qvEsrOBIbUcTj9RoxE5iLBWU_ 0s9y8yNK5nZ8HoolgL5BPIT1nIDDyRrjBNcTbsLrSu-9dXgyrSS0L5OV2d32ykRneUUP_iIHmHbpmtsc8Ds4&ats=1392311603330&rm=1442c3d0494837c9&zw&sz=w888-h441

Rabid Cougar
02-13-2014, 02:17 PM
I can unequivocally say that Cameron DID NOT PURCHASE state finalist rings. There is no point arguing as it didn't happen.

However since 2010 Cameron has purchased THESE Rings

Clockwise from top left. 2010-11 Lone Star Cup, 2011 Girls Track, 2011 Baseball, 2012 Football. Missing 2013 Football
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b2c3c91030&view=fimg&th=1442c3d0494837c9&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ8fFDPxbKrkf1qvEsrOBIbUcTj9RoxE5iLBWU_ 0s9y8yNK5nZ8HoolgL5BPIT1nIDDyRrjBNcTbsLrSu-9dXgyrSS0L5OV2d32ykRneUUP_iIHmHbpmtsc8Ds4&ats=1392311603330&rm=1442c3d0494837c9&zw&sz=w888-h441

AND the 1981 FOOTBALL.

And I am very glad they didn't. Thanks for the clarification.

BB BULLS
02-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Here is my take on this it is real simple. Did the fans,the band, students and teachers go thru two days, did they put in all the sweat,hardwork and practice that these players did? No they did not. So no ring for them.

Old Tiger
02-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Here is my take on this it is real simple. Did the fans,the band, students and teachers go thru two days, did they put in all the sweat,hardwork and practice that these players did? No they did not. So no ring for them.

technically the band probably did.

Emerson1
02-13-2014, 06:19 PM
The cheerleaders probably work pretty hard too. Can any of us do those crazy flips?

Scoop27
02-13-2014, 08:10 PM
I heard some of these rings are pretty expensive