PDA

View Full Version : Decatur Looking for New AD/Hd Football Coach

Urmyboysblue
02-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Anyone have any idea what direction they may be looking ?

bobcat1
02-11-2014, 04:39 PM
East???

regaleagle
02-11-2014, 05:52 PM
East???

Probably a better direction than North, lol. There's not much territory in that direction to pull from, haha.

bobcat1
02-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Their coach went to be the first coach at Frisco Independence.

Eagle11
02-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Their coach went to be the first coach at Frisco Independence.
Not many are upset he's leaving. Should have left years ago

Eagle11
02-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Anyone have any idea what direction they may be looking ?
It may be the offensive coordinator coach lavender He came from W Fall and mesquite before that

5wide
02-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I've heard some popular names have applied. Sadly, I'm not at will to give those out. One has had some NFL playing time tho....wonder who it's going to be??

jason
02-24-2014, 11:46 AM
I've heard some popular names have applied. Sadly, I'm not at will to give those out. One has had some NFL playing time tho....wonder who it's going to be??
Deion Sanders?

Celina8
02-24-2014, 12:03 PM
I would imagine that many have applied as I think Decatur has a lot to offer as a community and football program. I have heard a rumor ...trust me very very unofficial rumor that the Head Coach at Refugio is very interested. I will say that I am impressed with his offense.

hollywood
02-24-2014, 02:52 PM
I would imagine that many have applied as I think Decatur has a lot to offer as a community and football program. I have heard a rumor ...trust me very very unofficial rumor that the Head Coach at Refugio is very interested. I will say that I am impressed with his offense.

Refugio must not have another decent QB after Travis Quintanilla if Jason Herring is considering leaving.

:wave:

regaleagle
02-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Refugio must not have another decent QB after Travis Quintanilla if Jason Herring is considering leaving.

:wave:

I'd have to give Decatur the edge over Refugio as far as a HC/AD job is considered. You'd think Herring is not married to Refugio, and has already done as much as possible there. It would be a natural progression for him to seek another mountain to climb....maybe one that even has better benefits.

hollywood
02-24-2014, 03:05 PM
I'd have to give Decatur the edge over Refugio as far as a HC/AD job is considered. You'd think Herring is not married to Refugio, and has already done as much as possible there. It would be a natural progression for him to seek another mountain to climb....maybe one that even has better benefits.

I agree regal!

Celina8
02-24-2014, 03:38 PM
I have to be honest and say that my source is very shakey, basically I was told that two gentleman who are from the South Texas area now living in Decature were the ones that reached out to Herring. I cannot say if that is even true or not just what I was told. I will say where ever he goes he does win.

Eagle11
03-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Friday was Story's last day and 144 coaches have applied for the job. None of them from his staff per the super. Hes offered everyone on his staff a job in Frisco if they want to come with him. So far both coordinators are going with him but thats it. We were told that both basketball coaches and the volleyball coach turned him down as well. The school board backed him for way too many years then he tries to clean out our athletic department and have us start from zero. Great guy Glad to see him leave.

Phantom Stang
03-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Friday was Story's last day and 144 coaches have applied for the job.

Is there any chance that we can see a list of the applicants?:thinking:

Urmyboysblue
03-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Kyle Story is a good man and good coach. I sure hate when people get on here and bash coaches while hiding behind a screen name. I would think with 144 applicants that Decatur's next coach would be a quality guy.

firstdown
03-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Kyle Story is a good man and good coach. I sure hate when people get on here and bash coaches while hiding behind a screen name. I would think with 144 applicants that Decatur's next coach would be a quality guy.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it ironic Urmyboysblue called someone out for hiding behind a screen name while hiding behind a screen name?

Urmyboysblue
03-03-2014, 03:56 PM
The difference is I am not saying anything negative about a coach, so in the eyes of that coach my real name is probably irrelevent. Also I am not hiding behind a screen name, if you don't post negative or controversial remarks then most people probably could care less who you are.

firstdown
03-03-2014, 04:39 PM
The difference is I am not saying anything negative about a coach, so in the eyes of that coach my real name is probably irrelevent. Also I am not hiding behind a screen name, if you don't post negative or controversial remarks then most people probably could care less who you are.

What's your real name?

cr180t
03-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Had several dealings with Coach Story. Class act -

Eagle11
03-03-2014, 11:47 PM
I wish we could see the list. They plan on narrowing it down to 8 over the next few weeks. Then start the interviews. We will see. I never said he was a bad person just time for a change that was over due