PDA

View Full Version : Bellville folks...tell me about Coach Chancellor...

Cowboy_Up
02-09-2014, 08:55 AM
...as there are some in Edna who say he will be our next coach.

I know he had a nice run in Bellville, but also see 2-18, 2-18 records at two other stops.

XMan
02-09-2014, 10:27 AM
He is a really good football coach. Comes from the Odessa Permian Mojo bloodline. His wife can really play golf.

Weebe
02-09-2014, 11:16 AM
He is a really good football coach. Comes from the Odessa Permian Mojo bloodline. His wife can really play golf.

Great guy. Great coach.

He had less than ideal talent to work with Pine Tree and Fulton.

If he takes the job, he'll be the best thing that happened to Edna in 30 years.

Ernest T Bass
02-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Jesus Christ would go 3-7 at Pine Tree. Although he was kinda a jerk in my one dealing with him, his rep speaks for itself.

Manso/V8
02-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Jesus Christ would go 3-7 at Pine Tree. Although he was kinda a jerk in my one dealing with him, his rep speaks for itself.

Derek Fitzhenry went 3-7 at Pine Tree this year!

Manso/V8
02-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Huey was a good coach and AD at Bellville, and was always a great guy when I dealt with him.
I am not sure, but I thought he was looking for a change of venue and possibly more money when he moved to Pine Tree.

Last time I spoke to him, he seemed pretty happy at Rockport-Fulton.
I didn't see any report of that job being open, but had heard his DC Doug Foster (Foster was the DC, then HC for 2 years at Bellville) is the new HC at Poteet.

Weebe
02-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Money had nothing to do with him leaving Bellville.

Ernest T Bass
02-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Derek Fitzhenry went 3-7 at Pine Tree this year!

Fitz thinks he's JC, so it's fitting.

Scoop27
02-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Wasn't HC part of that fiasco with then Rice Consolidated coach Russell Roark at the Wharton game where they were drinking in the parking lot while scouting. This happened many moons ago and nothing ever came of of it to my knowledge

OLE'BULL
02-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Edna will be lucky to get him. One of the finest men I know and have ever played for. Don't be surprised if he brings Jamie Valentine with him as his DC if he goes to Edna, which will also be a huge asset. If I didn't like Rowe so much, I would be pulling for Bellville to bring him back. Good luck Hue Dog!

maestro
02-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Wasn't HC part of that fiasco with then Rice Consolidated coach Russell Roark at the Wharton game where they were drinking in the parking lot while scouting. This happened many moons ago and nothing ever came of of it to my knowledge

To quote Will Ferrell

You stay classy Scoop !!!!!

This did not need to be posted

Manso/V8
02-10-2014, 02:35 AM
Money had nothing to do with him leaving Bellville.

I am sure the money was similar or better, and he was likely looking for a change of venue.

Ernest T Bass
02-10-2014, 07:10 AM
I am sure the money was similar or better, and he was likely looking for a change of venue.

I concur. His leaving Bellville had absolutely nothing to do with money.

MJMbrahmas10
02-10-2014, 09:11 AM
The above is true. Unfortunately. We lost a great coach

BrahmaMOMMA
02-10-2014, 03:33 PM
The above is true. Unfortunately. We lost a great coach

But at the end we Got a great Coach!!

MJMbrahmas10
02-10-2014, 05:57 PM
My senior classes year was ruined by his decision and we missed playoffs due to his decision. We had tons of talent

rancher
02-10-2014, 05:58 PM
I guess Huey is teaming up with his buddy OConner , now the Supt. at Edna, who got shown the door at Columbus. Maybe they can get the old coaching staff together again with Jamie Valentine and Scott Kana (both now looking for jobs also after being shown the door). I bet there would be some wild parties in Edna. Huey had a good run in Bellville but all good things come to an end. I feel sorry for Poteet that was the coach who sent Bellville to a all time low. Tell it like it is Scoop, I guess some cannot handle the truth.

rptpirate
02-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Chancellor came into Rockport my senior year and has made the playoffs 2 out of his 3 years here. Personally I like him and he has done well with a lot of injuries to key players over that time. This year the team started off bad, but he brought in a lot of motivational speakers and got the community support and rallied them into the 3rd round of the playoffs, which Rockport hadn't seen in quite some time.

bird_fan
02-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Chancellor is a great coach he was an assitant Under Ed Hickman at El Campo who brought El Campo football up a few levels when he coached there He came to EC from Permian. Chancellor was an asitant there along with Stan Labay I believe who also coached at Bellville. Chancellor will be a great hire

rancher
02-11-2014, 09:11 AM
Stan Labay was head coach at Bellville, Dobie, Willis and Klein. He made deep playoff runs at all those schools. I think he retired a few years ago.

teetle
02-11-2014, 09:36 AM
O'cociner triedes to gets Huey ats Columbuses, buts i gueses hes didnts wants to goes. Theys gots that short guys froms Lagrange. I forgets hises names. Whys woulds Huey goes to Edners?:eek::bigcry::bigcry::eek:

OLE'BULL
02-11-2014, 11:36 AM
My senior classes year was ruined by his decision and we missed playoffs due to his decision. We had tons of talent

If the "10" in your name is any indication on your graduating year, then it was not his decision that affected that year. Winning 2 games doesn't put a team anywhere close to the playoffs. The problem with that team was lack of leadership, and talent, unfortunately...

OLE'BULL
02-11-2014, 11:39 AM
I guess Huey is teaming up with his buddy OConner , now the Supt. at Edna, who got shown the door at Columbus. Maybe they can get the old coaching staff together again with Jamie Valentine and Scott Kana (both now looking for jobs also after being shown the door). I bet there would be some wild parties in Edna. Huey had a good run in Bellville but all good things come to an end. I feel sorry for Poteet that was the coach who sent Bellville to a all time low. Tell it like it is Scoop, I guess some cannot handle the truth.

I would love to see hiim and Valentine together again. Kana will not be going anywhere near Chancellor, now way, no how. They hate each other....

rancher
02-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Kana could be going as admin. for Oconnor. I heard this morning at coffee that Kirk Collier may be heading down to Edna from Columbus. The Bellvillle mafia returns

maestro
02-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Kana could be going as admin. for Oconnor. I heard this morning at coffee that Kirk Collier may be heading down to Edna from Columbus. The Bellvillle mafia returns

Would be a shame for collier to leave Columbus for Edna. He is that rare combo of a coach that gives 100% to football and hoops.

Cannot see Edna hoops being that rewarding.

But friendships trump a lot of things.

MJMbrahmas10
02-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Ole bull yes the 10 is my year. However the football season was in 09. Our junior year was the regional final year. Then things happened and he didn't return to coach our senior year. (And we won 5 or 6 games. Don't remember exactly. ) We had some very talented folks on that team.

hookandladder
02-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Ole bull yes the 10 is my year. However the football season was in 09. Our junior year was the regional final year. Then things happened and he didn't return to coach our senior year. (And we won 5 or 6 games. Don't remember exactly. ) We had some very talented folks on that team.

I would have to agree in 09 Bellville was pretty salty however 10 , not so much.

Manso/V8
02-11-2014, 10:01 PM
I would have to agree in 09 Bellville was pretty salty however 10 , not so much.

2010 is a very lonely number in Bellville football.
The 2011 season was fun.

Tejastrue
02-12-2014, 01:05 AM
didn't you mean 2012?

Manso/V8
02-12-2014, 10:47 AM
didn't you mean 2012?

In 2010, the Brahmas went 2-8, a very sad year.
In 2011, we got a new coach, switched to the slot-t, and went something like 8-3, with losses to Kinkaid, Sealy, and then Coldspring in 2OT in the 2nd round.....the same Coldspring that WT beat in semis. The team turnaround was dramatic in 2011, so yes it was a lot of fun.
2012 was probably the most fun in recent years because of the deep run to the semis.

OLE'BULL
02-12-2014, 11:15 AM

Got ya.

teetle
02-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Ies justes heards thats Ocociner Doeses not hases a Dr. Degree. Hes wants to bes called Dr. Dr. Teetle soundes goods, buts yalls wonts understands untils yalls sees me operates. Thises gettings funniers alls the times:eek::bigcry::bigcry::eek:

OLE'BULL
02-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Any update on this?

Scoop27
02-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Heard Huey turned an offer down after EB's Jerry Long was offered the job first and then turned it down

teetle
02-18-2014, 11:31 AM
thoeses are boths smarts mens. Seemes to mes that ocociner hases a bags of worms overs theres. Whys woulds Coaches Longs wants to leeves East Bernards. Huey bes dumb to works fors Ocociner.:speech::bigcry::bigcry::speech:

Snotbubbles
02-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Why would Coach Long want to leave East Bernard?

Exactly T. EB or Edna? No brainer and why he turned it down.

Cowboy_Up
02-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Edna seems to have a bad name around here...but why would a coach want to work at Edna?
New Elem, JH and HS, all built within the last 5 years.
10+ Million in the bank and a school board that is turning its attention to increasing staff salaries.

Edna has talent, and even though guys like Teetle love to take anonymous cheap shots at our new Supt, the last Supt was notoriously anti-athletics.

We are the right size, have the athletic talent, and now have a Supt who will free up resources for athletics.

Edna is on the move and the last thing I want is a coach who "settles" for Edna or has to be bought to come on board. Somewhere out there is a young coordinator ready to make a name and I don't care if we only get him for 5 years and he uses Edna as a stepping stone.

I want someone hungry who wants to be a Cowboy, not retreads.

Snotbubbles
02-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Teetle love to take anonymous cheap shots at our new Supt.

Where did the new supt come from CU?

Cowboy_Up
02-18-2014, 12:50 PM
You had it right

Snotbubbles
02-18-2014, 12:57 PM
You had it right

Could be why T is on him so hard. I know while at Columbus, he did things without even informing his AD, and hired/fired coaches. He should save Edna money, and be the Supt, AD and HC.

Snotbubbles
02-18-2014, 01:02 PM
I know for a fact, that's why Sines departed quickly to Bandera after 1 year at Columbus. I can't speak of former micro management operations he had with other Columbus AD/HC's.

YTBulldogs
02-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Coach Sine was excited to get back in area when he departed Sonora. But, he sure bolted quickly from Columbus after 1/2 a year really. Something was up there. Dunno!!!

teetle
02-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Thes Edna peoples are somes of the finestes peoples that I Knows. I be wishing the very bestes for thems. I hopes thats everythings goes wells. Some peoples knows mores abouts things than I does. They bes telling its likes it ises. Huey and Long theys knows whats theys bes doing. :eek::bigcry::bigcry::eek:

Cowboy_Up
02-20-2014, 09:28 AM
I hear an announcement coming soon. My hunch is teetle is going to be surprised.

teetle
02-20-2014, 09:42 AM
I hear an announcement coming soon. My hunch is teetle is going to be surprised.

Nothins wills surprises me abouts Edna. Cause I donts gives a blank abouts Edna. If Huey or longs takes the job. then yalls boughts yous a Coach. Theys both goods mens. Yous gots to cares and I donts:tongue::bigcry::bigcry::tongue:

gordo
02-20-2014, 10:16 AM
The worst part of being the head coach in Edna!
You have to live in Edna!

Cowboy_Up
02-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Thes Edna peoples are somes of the finestes peoples that I Knows. I be wishing the very bestes for thems. I hopes thats everythings goes wells. Some peoples knows mores abouts things than I does. They bes telling its likes it ises. Huey and Long theys knows whats theys bes doing. :eek::bigcry::bigcry::eek:
I agree that Coach Huey knows what he is doing

Scoop27
02-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Edna is not a bad town to live in with only about a 30 minute drive to Victoria where you can find lot of stores and good places to eat and your're about an hours drive to the outskirts of Houston where you can finds tons of place to eat and shop in Sugar Land And Stafford.

Cam
02-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Edna is not a bad town to live in with only about a 30 minute drive to Victoria where you can find lot of stores and good places to eat and your're about an hours drive to the outskirts of Houston where you can finds tons of place to eat and shop in Sugar Land And Stafford.

yeah...but my cousin is a cop in Sugar Land and that sumbitch will stop you and ticket you for driving around in a dirty car!!.....

teetle
02-26-2014, 03:45 PM
I agree that Coach Huey knows what he is doingthat isses verys nices of hims to take a cuts in salary to works for hises olds friend. He be taking abouts a 27000 cuts. He mustes hases lots of money or theys gonna pays hims alots mores thans guy befores. I donts knows. he bes knows whats he bes doing. He a good man:eek::bigcry::bigcry::eek: