3. Tatum
4. Coldspring
5. La Marque
6. Gladewater
7. Sinton
8. Melissa
9. Monahans
10. Celina

I think the top 3 is a toss up as to who number 1 is.

By the way the first 4a d2 thread wasn't official enough so I had to start my own. :2thumbsup

Snotbubbles
02-06-2014, 12:30 AM
1. Sinton
2. WOS
3. La Marque
4. Coldspring
5. Navarro
6. Tatum
7. LaGrange
8. Sweeney
9. Cuero
10. Wharton

buckeyebob
02-06-2014, 07:12 AM
1. Gilmer
2. West Orange Stark
3. Tatum
4. Coldspring
5. La Marque
6. Gladewater
7. Sinton
8. Melissa
9. Monahans
10. Celina

By the way the first 4a d2 thread wasn't official enough so I had to start my own. :2thumbsup

We will settle part of it in the pre-season after Week 3

waterboy
02-06-2014, 08:39 AM
I don't know that Gilmer deserves to be ranked #1. They lose a lot of good players to graduation this year. The Buckeyes have a LOT to prove this year, and know they have a chance to make themselves known. The talent is there no doubt. We will see how they gel as a team. I'm excited to see how they do.

marler1972
02-06-2014, 08:45 AM
1. Gilmer
2. West Orange Stark
3. Tatum
4. Coldspring
5. La Marque
6. Gladewater
7. Sinton
8. Melissa
9. Monahans
10. Celina

Come on Melissa in front of Celina?

waterboy
02-06-2014, 09:12 AM

Will Melissa give Gilmer a good game? I know nothing about most of the teams in that area. I know Melissa went to the finals the last year they were in 2A.

Bleed orange
02-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Will Melissa give Gilmer a good game? I know nothing about most of the teams in that area. I know Melissa went to the finals the last year they were in 2A.

No contest, the second best team in your district is probably your Jv

lostaussie
02-06-2014, 10:47 AM
no contest, the second best team in your district is probably your jvThat was funny:D

Celina8
02-06-2014, 10:51 AM
1. Gilmer
2. West Orange Stark
3. Tatum
4. Coldspring
5. La Marque
6. Gladewater
7. Sinton
8. Melissa
9. Monahans
10. Celina

Ok this made me laugh "By the way the first 4a d2 thread wasn't official enough so I had to start my own" Thats funny.

orange machine
02-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Ok this made me laugh "By the way the first 4a d2 thread wasn't official enough so I had to start my own" Thats funny.

Lol I actually didn't realize you started it, I have no clue how I missed it. Right after I started the thread I saw yours so I just figured I would say your wasn't official lol. :p

orange machine
02-06-2014, 11:06 AM

Hey I hope I'm wrong.

cougartino
02-06-2014, 11:33 AM
La Marque is way too high. No, I'm not a doctor, but trust me.

Card15
02-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Hey I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not.

orange machine
02-06-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm not.

What does the cardinal have coming back?

Bleed orange
02-06-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm not.

If the Celina coaches would've stuck with the running game instead of trying to be cute with the spread Celina was easily 3 Td better than Melissa each of the last 2 years . Bad coaching kept Melissa in the games.

Manso/V8
02-07-2014, 01:01 AM
1. Gilmer
2. West orange stark
3. Tatum
4. Coldspring
5. La marque
6. Gladewater
7. Sinton
8. Melissa
9. Monahans
10. Celina

i think the top 3 is a toss up as to who number 1 is.

By the way the first 4a d2 thread wasn't official enough so i had to start my own. :2thumbsup

lol!

Tejastrue
02-07-2014, 01:29 AM
It's all good Manso. The folks around Celina have not had a clue for while now.

jason
02-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Is it just me, or does anybody else kind of chuckle when they see Celina in this top 10?

orange machine
02-07-2014, 09:37 AM
I see what yall are saying cause I assure I know longer wear orange glasses anymore but now that the divisions are watered down I don't see anybody better than Celina for the 10th spot.

Bleed orange
02-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Is it just me, or does anybody else kind of chuckle when they see Celina in this top 10?

Should they have been in the top 10 the last couple years??? Probably not, but when you've made it to ATLEAST the second round of the playoffs 20 STRAIGHT YEARS you tend to get a little respect from the pollsters .

Bleed orange
02-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Who in region 1 is gonna beat them??

jason
02-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Who in region 1 is gonna beat them??
it's not a region top 10.
it's a state top 10.
region 1 stinks.

Bleed orange
02-07-2014, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=jason;1802927]it's not a region top 10.
it's a state top 10.
region 1 stinks.[/QUOTE

Name 10 teams in div 2 that are better than Celina..

jason
02-07-2014, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=jason;1802927]it's not a region top 10.
it's a state top 10.
region 1 stinks.[/QUOTE

Name 10 teams in div 2 that are better than Celina..

no particular order

fairfield
la grange
wimberley
gilmer
west orange
tatum
coldspring
la marque
gladewater
sinton
melissa
monahans
cuero

Bleed orange
02-07-2014, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=Bleed orange;1802933]

no particular order

fairfield
la grange
wimberley
gilmer
west orange
tatum
coldspring
la marque
gladewater
sinton
melissa
monahans
cuero

That's a negative on

LaGrange
Wimberly
Melissa
Monahans
cuero

The only teams that I would say are FOR SURE better at this point are Gilmer , WOS, and maybe Tatum

44INAROW
02-07-2014, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=jason;1802935]

That's a negative on

LaGrange
Wimberly
Melissa
Monahans
cuero

The only teams that I would say are FOR SURE better at this point are Gilmer , WOS, and maybe Tatum

playing Devil's advocate here.. (plus I'm waiting on a client and can't do anything until he gets here and I'm bored)

What type of offense does Cuero run? Who's the QB? Avg weight of the OL? How much better is Sinton than Cuero?
Just wondering how you based your "that's a negative on LG, Melissa, Wimberley....Cuero" I'm not saying Cuero is or isn't better than Celina.. I have no idea how good Celina is, so I have no way of knowing - just wondering how you came up with your comment?

Bleed orange
02-07-2014, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=Bleed orange;1802938]

playing Devil's advocate here.. (plus I'm waiting on a client and can't do anything until he gets here and I'm bored)

What type of offense does Cuero run? Who's the QB? Avg weight of the OL? How much better is Sinton than Cuero?
Just wondering how you based your "that's a negative on LG, Melissa, Wimberley....Cuero" I'm not saying Cuero is or isn't better than Celina.. I have no idea how good Celina is, so I have no way of knowing - just wondering how you came up with your comment?

Based it mainly on what teams have coming back, the fact that Cuero plays in a weak region 4, did Wimberly even make the playoffs?,and the fact that Celina beat Melissa and will be better this year.

Tejastrue
02-07-2014, 12:26 PM
For now, Wimberley is not a top 10. We continue to recruit the best way we know how. :D I just think it's a misconception to feel good about your chances simply because of the division split. I'll just say this. Wimberley will win another SC before Celina.

Bleed orange
02-07-2014, 12:32 PM
For now, Wimberley is not a top 10. We continue to recruit the best way we know how. :D I just think it's a misconception to feel good about your chances simply because of the division split. I'll just say this. Wimberley will win another SC before Celina.

I don't think Celina wins a SC this year, however I think they have to be the favorite in region 1. As far as the next SC.. I doubt it

44INAROW
02-07-2014, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=44INAROW;1802946]

Based it mainly on what teams have coming back, the fact that Cuero plays in a weak region 4, did Wimberly even make the playoffs?,and the fact that Celina beat Melissa and will be better this year.

so basically, you know nothing about Cuero's 2014 team... :wave:

Bleed orange
02-07-2014, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Bleed orange;1802948]

so basically, you know nothing about Cuero's 2014 team... :wave:
I know that Cuero went 3-4 rounds last year in a WEAK region, but I also know they were never good enough to be ranked in the top 25 in any polls.
Now that the realignments are out Im sure the " experts" polls will be out soon enough.

Tejastrue
02-07-2014, 04:13 PM
I don't think Celina wins a SC this year, however I think they have to be the favorite in region 1. As far as the next SC.. I doubt it

Why would you doubt it? Our recent history (last 10 years) suggests otherwise.

gatordaze
02-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Celina has only lost to 9 different teams since they last won state in 2007. Gainesville, Henderson x2, Argyle x2, Melissa, Lovejoy, TCA, Daingerfield x2, Kennedale, and Carthage. Other than Dfield, Argyle, and Melissa no team with an enrollment within 25% of Celina's enrollment has beaten them. In fact no team other than Melissa 2 years ago that is currently in D2 has beaten them.

The top 10 of 3A has been dominated by big schools for the past several years. It is entirely reasonable for Celina to be ranked in the top 10 under the new split.

Dawgs
02-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Celina has only lost to 9 different teams since they last won state in 2007. Gainesville, Henderson x2, Argyle x2, Melissa, Lovejoy, TCA, Daingerfield x2, Kennedale, and Carthage. Other than Dfield, Argyle, and Melissa no team with an enrollment within 25% of Celina's enrollment has beaten them. In fact no team other than Melissa 2 years ago that is currently in D2 has beaten them.

The top 10 of 3A has been dominated by big schools for the past several years. It is entirely reasonable for Celina to be ranked in the top 10 under the new split.

My question to that would be how many top 10 teams has Celina beat in that same stretch. Another thing I think most posters are looking at is what has the program done the last 2 seasons, with a new HC in place. No dog in the fight, just a question.

Bleed orange
02-07-2014, 07:32 PM
My question to that would be how many top 10 teams has Celina beat in that same stretch. Another thing I think most posters are looking at is what has the program done the last 2 seasons, with a new HC in place. No dog in the fight, just a question.

Has Celina been down the last 2 years compared to their usual standard ?? Yes, but its also worth mentioning in that 10 year stretch you're asking about that they WON 2 State Championships and played in 2 more . Im pretty sure ANY program would be thrilled with that. It's also worth noting that Celina is still one of the smallest 3a schools there is. It's not like they've had the advantage of being one of the larger( Carthage) or a 4a drop down ( Kilgore, S'ville, Henderson). 130-20 record the last 10 yrs

WOS87
02-07-2014, 07:56 PM
WOS in the last 10 years which is when we dropped to 3A:

21 losses all of which were to teams that made the playoffs, only 15 of them to 3A teams, 8 of which progressed to the Quarters or further including 3 State Champs (Wimberley, Navasota and Carthage), 1 State Finalist (Jasper '04), 2 State Semifinalists (Giddings '06, Coldspring '11), 2 State Quarterfinalists (LaVega '07, Gilmer '08)

4A Schools - #2 Bay City '04, Bay City '07, #8 Friendswood '10, Nederland '11, Friendswood '11, PNG '13

3A Schools - #2 Jasper '04, Huffman '04, State Champ Wimberley '05, #3 Giddings '06, #6 LaVega '07, #5 Gilmer '08, Jasper '09, Silsbee '09, Coldspring '09, #5 Kirbyville '10, Brookshire '10, Giddings '11, Coldspring '11, State Champ Navasota '12, State Champ Carthage '13

3 Consecutive Quarterfinals the past 3 seasons, Semis in 2005

We knocked off #1 Giddings in 2007 and #8 Jasper in 2005

Giddings, Brookshire and Gilmer are the only teams in the new 4A-D2 we've lost to in the past 10 years

lostaussie
02-07-2014, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=jason;1802935]

That's a negative on

LaGrange
Wimberly
Melissa
Monahans
cuero

The only teams that I would say are FOR SURE better at this point are Gilmer , WOS, and maybe Tatumyou should have said Gladewater. They went 4 deep......but had a VERY favorable draw. They are improving, but they not there yet.

Dawgs
02-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Has Celina been down the last 2 years compared to their usual standard ?? Yes, but its also worth mentioning in that 10 year stretch you're asking about that they WON 2 State Championships and played in 2 more . Im pretty sure ANY program would be thrilled with that. It's also worth noting that Celina is still one of the smallest 3a schools there is. It's not like they've had the advantage of being one of the larger( Carthage) or a 4a drop down ( Kilgore, S'ville, Henderson). 130-20 record the last 10 yrs

If you read my post I was asking about since after the 2007 season as the previous post talked about.

Dawgs
02-08-2014, 12:05 AM

Btw, just an FYI...Carthage is not and was not one of the largest 3a schools. We will be the 2nd or 3rd smallest D1 team. We will see how they fare in a league with bigger schools the next 2 seasons.

Bleed orange
02-08-2014, 12:15 AM

I got ahead of myself. That 130-20 is actually the last 11 years not 10. Either way that's an 87% winning percentage

Tejastrue
02-08-2014, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE=44INAROW;1802954]
I know that Cuero went 3-4 rounds last year in a WEAK region, but I also know they were never good enough to be ranked in the top 25 in any polls.
Now that the realignments are out Im sure the " experts" polls will be out soon enough.

It's only because they had been down a few years and also had the coaching changes. That Hopkins kid I can almost bet is as good a RB as anything the Bobcats have to offer but I know the Region-IV standards for talent are much lower than anything up north of I-20.

Bleed orange
02-08-2014, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=Bleed orange;1802956]

It's only because they had been down a few years and also had the coaching changes. That Hopkins kid I can almost bet is as good a RB as anything the Bobcats have to offer but I know the Region-IV standards for talent are much lower than anything up north of I-20.
Celina doesn't have any superstars that are gonna carry the team.

Tejastrue
02-08-2014, 12:33 AM
Sorry to hear that. Did I mention he has a younger brother?

Bleed orange
02-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Sorry to hear that. Did I mention he has a younger brother?

They have plenty of good athletes but no Sadler, Rose, etc

Tejastrue
02-08-2014, 12:48 AM
Have you seen the kid?

Bleed orange
02-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Have you seen the kid?
No, obviously I don't see alot of region 4 football unless they make it to the SC.. Which isn't often

Bleed orange
02-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Have you seen the kid?

Just watched his highlight. Kid is a stud.

regaleagle
02-08-2014, 03:53 AM

I got news for all you Celna-bashers out there in Downlowland. Celina's been up against some pretty stiff competition the past few years in our Region II....believe it or not. It's been a real slugfest over here. But that don't mean they are slouches...just cuz the fanbase expects too much and the change in HC took place in that time frame. They are a legitimate Top 5 team in 2014 in DII, imo. This team is loaded, and will show their dominance once again this upcoming football season. Tenth in DII is too LOW, imo....for what they have coming back. DCTF treated them with very little respect....based on over-rating them in past seasons. It's like the boy that called "wolf" too much, but DCTF still hasn't got it right yet, lol. Now....they've over-adjusted the wrong way, haha. Celina will be a force from early on next season, and may well be undefeated going into the regional final against Gilmer.

bigwood33
02-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Where was Argyle in your top 10? Talk about an oversight.

Aesculus gilmus
02-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Celina will be a force from early on next season, and may well be undefeated going into the regional final against Gilmer.

It wouldn't be in the regional final this time. It would be a state semifinal game. I hope Gilmer makes it that far. It is way too early for us to exhibit such overconfidence.

Celina8
02-08-2014, 08:44 AM
Where was Argyle in your top 10? Talk about an oversight.

Argyle is 4A DI that is why they were not put in the DII top ten, but they are top 10 in DI. I can say that next football season will be very exciting. Celina does have the talent to make some noise, but they still struggle with the Spread Offense and its success is fragmented at best. The biggest issue Celina will need to address is improved progression during the season. The past 2 years the team that played Melissa opening game seemed to be the same team that got their butts handed to them by Argyle in game 10 even with an open date and two weeks to prepare. I just say lets get to the playoffs and hopefully my Bobcats will have some success and that many travel miles will be put on the old odometer traveling to west.

orange machine
02-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Argyle is 4A DI that is why they were not put in the DII top ten, but they are top 10 in DI. I can say that next football season will be very exciting. Celina does have the talent to make some noise, but they still struggle with the Spread Offense and its success is fragmented at best. The biggest issue Celina will need to address is improved progression during the season. The past 2 years the team that played Melissa opening game seemed to be the same team that got their butts handed to them by Argyle in game 10 even with an open date and two weeks to prepare. I just say lets get to the playoffs and hopefully my Bobcats will have some success and that many travel miles will be put on the old odometer traveling to west.

I hope your right I miss those good times traveling to watch a big game and when the game is over Celina destroyed the other team.

Bleed orange
02-08-2014, 11:26 AM

That is my main concern as well. There has been NO improvement during the season the last 2 years and whether some of our Celina posters like it or not that falls on the COACHES. Maybe a little less worrying about cute mottos and what music they're gonna listen to during practice and more work on BLOCKING AND TACKLING.

orange machine
02-08-2014, 11:32 AM
That is my main concern as well. There has been NO improvement during the season the last 2 years and whether some of our Celina posters like it or not that falls on the COACHES. Maybe a little less worrying about cute mottos and what music they're gonna listen to during practice and more work on BLOCKING AND TACKLING.

Butch Ford Power Passion and Glory

Football is about Blocking and Tackling

Awsome line!!!

Bleed orange
02-08-2014, 11:44 AM
butch ford power passion and glory

football is about blocking and tackling

awsome line!!!

fundamentals fundamentals fundamentals

orange machine
02-08-2014, 11:46 AM
fundamentals fundamentals fundamentals

That video should be shown every year to the coaches and senior players the first day of 2 a days.

Bleed orange
02-08-2014, 11:52 AM
That video should be shown every year to the coaches and senior players the first day of 2 a days.

They might wanna show it to the jr high coaches because the kids aren't getting it at that level I can assure you. I've seen it with my own eyes.

orange machine
02-08-2014, 11:54 AM
They might wanna show it to the jr high coaches because the kids aren't getting it at that level I can assure you. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Good point.

Tejastrue
02-08-2014, 02:39 PM
I got news for all you Celna-bashers out there in Downlowland. Celina's been up against some pretty stiff competition the past few years in our Region II....believe it or not. It's been a real slugfest over here. But that don't mean they are slouches...just cuz the fanbase expects too much and the change in HC took place in that time frame. They are a legitimate Top 5 team in 2014 in DII, imo. This team is loaded, and will show their dominance once again this upcoming football season. Tenth in DII is too LOW, imo....for what they have coming back. DCTF treated them with very little respect....based on over-rating them in past seasons. It's like the boy that called "wolf" too much, but DCTF still hasn't got it right yet, lol. Now....they've over-adjusted the wrong way, haha. Celina will be a force from early on next season, and may well be undefeated going into the regional final against Gilmer.

Bashing? It's never been my style to bash teams. You don't have to go any further than reading the posts from their own fanbase to get that.

orange machine
02-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Bashing? It's never been my style to bash teams. You don't have to go any further than reading the posts from their own fanbase to get that.

I think a lot of the problem is people have concerns about the direction of the program, but most of these people have kids in the program and don't want their kids to suffer because they disagree with some things.

Tejastrue
02-08-2014, 02:55 PM
We are going through our own little transition down here with the coaching changes. It's always a touchy subject when parents and their kids are involved.

orange machine
02-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Hopefully though people such as myself will be proven wrong.

orange machine
02-08-2014, 03:00 PM
We are going through our own little transition down here with the coaching changes. It's always a touchy subject when parents and their kids are involved.

The thing is I honestly think most people want the coaches to be succsessful because the team will be succsessful and i know I myself would be the first to say good job I was wrong.