PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Longhorn recruiting class

Scoop27
02-05-2014, 05:07 PM
This class doesn't look impressive at all
http://www.texassports.com/news/2014/2/5/FB_0205145630.aspx

Celina8
02-05-2014, 08:06 PM
I am one that can tell you that I was really looking for a recruiting boost with a new coaching hire. I come away knowing this did not happen. Coach Strong will have to coach up the players he did sign hopefully to better levels that they were originally rated. Don't let anyone tell you different as a UT fan, it is very hard to see A&M so far ahead of us in the recruiting battle. If Texas has a mediocre season next year then look for that gap to become a canyon.

Rabid Cougar
02-06-2014, 10:13 AM
I am one that can tell you that I was really looking for a recruiting boost with a new coaching hire. I come away knowing this did not happen. Coach Strong will have to coach up the players he did sign hopefully to better levels that they were originally rated. Don't let anyone tell you different as a UT fan, it is very hard to see A&M so far ahead of us in the recruiting battle. If Texas has a mediocre season next year then look for that gap to become a canyon.

A&M is No. 4, Texas No. 16. It is already a canyon.

Rabid Cougar
02-06-2014, 10:13 AM

Duplicate post.

Emerson1
02-06-2014, 10:51 AM
A&M is No. 4, Texas No. 16. It is already a canyon.

Well luckily Texas still has parts of a #2, #3, and #3 ranked classes still on campus. If any type of promise is shown is shown this season Texas will be back in the top 5. Sumlin still has to prove he can do something without JFF.

Old Tiger
02-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Well luckily Texas still has parts of a #2, #3, and #3 ranked classes still on campus. If any type of promise is shown is shown this season Texas will be back in the top 5. Sumlin still has to prove he can do something without JFF.
And finish better than 3rd in his own divisision.

coach
02-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Lol yall act like Sumlin has been at ATM for 10 years and has only 2 winning seasons.

NastySlot
02-06-2014, 06:50 PM
And finish better than 3rd in his own divisision.

SEC West > BDF(big12)......heck BDF=old Big East

Old Tiger
02-07-2014, 02:01 AM
SEC West > BDF(big12)......heck BDF=old Big East

Ah the old if we can't do it ourselves we'll boast of conference superiority talk!

NastySlot
02-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Ah the old if we can't do it ourselves we'll boast of conference superiority talk!

yeah funny how these things work....people attaching themselves to all things great.

I guess if the shirt fits wear it.

hookandladder
02-07-2014, 12:05 PM

Great point , one down year of recruiting which is still better then a whole lot of other college recruiting classes will not make that much of a difference at Texas. All three previous years were still better then a&m's class this year, let's see what happens in recruiting for 2015. Txas will be just fine, Strong will take Mack's recruit's and make them better. Time will tell.

hookandladder
02-07-2014, 12:07 PM

Great point , one down year of recruiting which is still better then a whole lot of other college recruiting classes will not make that much of a difference at Texas. All three previous years were still better then a&m's class this year, let's see what happens in recruiting for 2015. Texas will be just fine, I beleive Strong will take Mack's recruit's and make them better. Time will tell, the Country club atmosphere is over at Texas. Work hard or get passed up, I like it.

NastySlot
02-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Great point , one down year of recruiting which is still better then a whole lot of other college recruiting classes will not make that much of a difference at Texas. All three previous years were still better then a&m's class this year, let's see what happens in recruiting for 2015. Texas will be just fine, I beleive Strong will take Mack's recruit's and make them better. Time will tell, the Country club atmosphere is over at Texas. Work hard or get passed up, I like it.

don't go by the recruiting class ratings....out of those classes you all are speaking of what do you have out those groups that will help? Is there a solid core to build around? Plus don't forget your second to last sentence sums up what you all have recruited in those good classes will THEY be able to change?

Old Tiger
02-07-2014, 02:10 PM
don't go by the recruiting class ratings....out of those classes you all are speaking of what do you have out those groups that will help? Is there a solid core to build around? Plus don't forget your second to last sentence sums up what you all have recruited in those good classes will THEY be able to change?

I think the core is fantastic. I'd say a majority of this team is under coached and not physically prepared enough. As I said in the other thread if they can even get half the potential out of this core we will see a significant turn around.

hookandladder
02-07-2014, 02:16 PM

So let me get this straight, if Texas recruiting classes are ranked high that does not mean anything however if atm class is ranked high then it is legit. Make sense, not.

Old Tiger
02-07-2014, 02:26 PM
So let me get this straight, if Texas recruiting classes are ranked high that does not mean anything however if atm class is ranked high then it is legit. Make sense, not.

#aggylogic?

NastySlot
02-07-2014, 02:47 PM

some how what I am trying to say got lost in translation...wasn't trying to compare classes or stars between horns and aggies. I guess what I was trying to get at is by now those highly ranked classes you all have been on campus now for a while...time should now tell if they have earned those febuary rankings. Have they?

I normally don't follow recruiting to in depth but this season I probably read more and looked at more sites.....I think stars and class rankings are good for pretty much banter on boards like this...we all know recruiting is done on potential and getting that potential on campus and coaching them up.

NastySlot
02-07-2014, 02:51 PM
#aggylogic?

funny living close to austin and having family members that are horns they re starting to say more that stars and class rankings don't matter.

It's even been spun on Radio Talk shows....and statewide papers....because now the horns are raking it in.

Rabid Cougar
02-07-2014, 03:56 PM

2011- 2013
Alabama has #1, #1, and #1. (Record 36 -4 2 NCs)
Florida State has #10, #6 and #2. Record 35-6 1 NC)
Texas #2, #2, #3 (Record 25-14)

I am sorry, something doesn't add up.

YTBulldogs
02-07-2014, 04:07 PM
2011- 2013

I am sorry, something doesn't add up.

Maybe they got rid of the part's that didn't add up?

hookandladder
02-07-2014, 04:17 PM
funny living close to austin and having family members that are horns they re starting to say more that stars and class rankings don't matter.

It's even been spun on Radio Talk shows....and statewide papers....because now the horns are raking it in.

I have never been a fan of the Star rating, to many 4 and 5 Star recruits never pan out. Great article in the Statesman this week about High School coaches ragging the Star rating, a good coach will find players for their system and make them better then the higher star player. Coaching at college wins games, ask Art Briles.

PhiI C
02-07-2014, 05:22 PM

It is future success in winning that determines success and not someone's present opinion.

Old Tiger
02-07-2014, 05:45 PM

Their called idiots and buy into media and coach speak.

Old Tiger
02-07-2014, 05:45 PM
2011- 2013

I am sorry, something doesn't add up.Coaching, it's not difficult to figure that out.