PDA

View Full Version : Ever seen a coach and parent fight at a game?

GoOrange
09-17-2002, 06:04 PM
I witnessed this once and it was ridiculous. It embarrassed the father's son really bad and he quit the team in front of the crowd.

hornet03
09-17-2002, 07:07 PM
I think we have a few fans who need to be fought because they start yelling our names when we mess up, and there is nothing more embarassing for a player than a dad who criticizes other players.

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Saw it in a peewee soccer game once, but never at a football game. Hope I never do.

mwynn05
09-17-2002, 10:17 PM
never at a football game

PPHSfan
09-17-2002, 10:20 PM
You can't even hardly argue a coaches call under your breath in Pilot Point without gettin the old tar and feathers before the sun comes up. And I honestly feel thats the way it should be everywhere.

Swarm 51
09-18-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by hornet03:

I think we have a few fans who need to be fought because they start yelling our names when we mess up, and there is nothing more embarassing for a player than a dad who criticizes other players.

Hornet 03, I have to agree with you that only a very few Gatesville fans have a bad habit of critisizing our team. But, it is those few bad beans you and your teammates must tune out. I was in Cameron last Thursday night for the Gatesville Jr. High game. One parent of a 7th grader was sitting in front of me and kept critisizing some of the little 7th graders. I finally had enough of his mouth and told him we were watching 7th graders, not college players. He and his wife moved to another part of the bleachers which was fine with me. But, he was loud enough the coaches heard him as well as the young players on the sidelines. Those are the bad beans I am talking about. Tune them out and maintain your focus on the game. Those types of people are "wannabes" left over from their old high school days.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-18-2002, 01:09 PM
I heard about two or three years back that some Port Isabel fans attacked the head coach after Port Isabel lost and did not make the playoffs......1998 or 1999 I think......

HOWEVER.....there was a major difference. In this case, EVERYONE IN TOWN disliked the coach, not even his own players, and from what I understand, a bunch of people cheered when the coach got beat up. It was the coach before Monty Stumbaugh took over. I don't even like mentioning his name.......a lot of very good Port Isabel talent was wasted by his being the coach.

Big Tarp 74
09-18-2002, 01:18 PM
Yes, I remmember, that was my bother-in-law that got arrested. I did not goto that game, my daughter came in, and told my wife and I. Could not beleive it, but it was true. I also remmember, that tarpon fans were placing for sale signs in his yard, as well as leaving suitecase packed an on the track arround the field before the game. After he left, Tarpon Fans had a big party.

TarponFanInNorthTexas:
I heard about two or three years back that some Port Isabel fans attacked the head coach after Port Isabel lost and did not make the playoffs......1998 or 1999 I think......

HOWEVER.....there was a major difference. In this case, EVERYONE IN TOWN disliked the coach, not even his own players, and from what I understand, a bunch of people cheered when the coach got beat up. It was the coach before Monty Stumbaugh took over. I don't even like mentioning his name.......a lot of very good Port Isabel talent was wasted by his being the coach.[/QUOTE]

TarponR13K
09-18-2002, 05:53 PM
lol i think everyone was happy when his contract from PI done.

ANYWAY-
I was there when a football player's mother almost jumped the band director. Apparently the band not playing enough was responsible for her freshman boy messing up on the field on the Varsity team. What's wrong with people these days? Can they even hear the band on the field after the kickoff?

I remember at one PI game, fans kept yelling things at the coaches and one of them finally turned around and yelled back. I was pretty young when that happened in my little reserved seats where to this day, my family sits. I have never seen them sit anywhere else at home games since my first football game.

GoOrange
09-18-2002, 10:56 PM
I think all these posts from Port Isabel fans are pretty disturbing. I would certainly not BRAG about attacking a grown man for the sake of a game. Sounds like there must be NOTHING else to live for in that town. I also heard the fans started throwing beer bottles in the late 70s or early 80s at a ref over a questionable call and he was sent off in an ambulance.
That sort of stuff makes a school look trashy.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-19-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by GoOrange:
I think all these posts from Port Isabel fans are pretty disturbing. I would certainly not BRAG about attacking a grown man for the sake of a game. Sounds like there must be NOTHING else to live for in that town. I also heard the fans started throwing beer bottles in the late 70s or early 80s at a ref over a questionable call and he was sent off in an ambulance.

Trust us.....when that particular coach was hired, the whole town KNEW that the program was going to suffer for it. The person who was hired .......... his FATHER was the superintendent. (use your imagination on what people thought of THAT one!) One of the applicants that was snubbed was Todd Harbour, a Port Isabel High School alumni, was told that the job was his, then all of a sudden, the "fat ass" (trust us, he's FAT) got the job, and Coach Harbour got snubbed because father hired son, which is total BS! I don't think that Coach Harbour will ever try to apply for Port Isabel again.

After "that coach" was forced to resign....i've posted this a couple of times in the rgvsports site at the end of my posts...

The Dark Age of Port Isabel Tarpon football is now a thing of the past.
It is now time for the Tarpons to start kicking some A@%!!
Here comes the beast of the east.......
and soon, we'll start having our feast......
Once AGAIN.......

TarponR13K
09-19-2002, 04:47 PM

Beer is illegal on school property...I assure you that nobody drinks at our football games. When that coach was working here, PI was still known for having such a great team for how great they had been before and that's about the time they started losing. I would be upset at having a horrible coach as well.

TarponR13K
09-19-2002, 04:47 PM

Beer is illegal on school property...I assure you that nobody drinks at our football games. When that coach was working here, PI was still known for having such a great team for how great they had been before and that's about the time they started losing. I would be upset at having a horrible coach as well.

TarponR13K
09-19-2002, 04:49 PM
whoops...how did that happen?

[/B][/QUOTE]

Dark-Knight
09-19-2002, 06:43 PM
Who did you all loose against?

and beer.........wow! they really must be good smugglers or just drunks!

"no ofense by this"
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

TarponR13K
09-19-2002, 06:48 PM
As was JUST STATED- there is no drinking going on at our games