PDA

View Full Version : Just Thought I'd Pop in Here

bobcat4life
02-05-2014, 01:58 AM
I like the new name and all but I've got a couple of questions:

1. Who is Celina playing in pre-district?

2. How is the team looking? Living in Arkansas I don't hear much of what goes on down there anymore.

regaleagle
02-05-2014, 03:32 AM
There ain't nothing wrong with Celina.....just their fanbase, haha. You can't expect a team to continue dominating their competition every year. They took on a new Head Coach and had another winning season and playoff run. In 2014, they have Nathan Elliot back as a senior, and some other really good athletes. Their schedule is not as soft as some may have you believe. Look for Celina to be a contender in DII this season. That's my opinion, and I happen to know something about their teams and history. They will be much better next season....Elliot's third as the HC and his son will be a senior leader. I'm expecting Abilene Wylie AND Celina to give the Argyle Eagles much much trouble in the predistrict contests we have scheduled with each team. Argyle will have some returning starters and lots of young players that saw much action, but they will need some tough non-district games to get ready for Dallas Carter(in our district in 2014). Dallas Carter is the SLEEPER power team in D1 4a next season....you heard it here first.

Old Tiger
02-05-2014, 04:20 AM
need better coaching IMO.

marler1972
02-05-2014, 08:29 AM
I like the new name and all but I've got a couple of questions:

1. Who is Celina playing in pre-district?

2. How is the team looking? Living in Arkansas I don't hear much of what goes on down there anymore.

Non_District
1.Argyle Liberty Christian
2.TBD heard a couple teams they are talking to.
3.Argyle
4.Bishop Lynch
5.Melissa

toddg
02-05-2014, 10:06 AM
There ain't nothing wrong with Celina.....just their fanbase, haha. You can't expect a team to continue dominating their competition every year. They took on a new Head Coach and had another winning season and playoff run. In 2014, they have Nathan Elliot back as a senior, and some other really good athletes. Their schedule is not as soft as some may have you believe. Look for Celina to be a contender in DII this season. That's my opinion, and I happen to know something about their teams and history. They will be much better next season....Elliot's third as the HC and his son will be a senior leader. I'm expecting Abilene Wylie AND Celina to give the Argyle Eagles much much trouble in the predistrict contests we have scheduled with each team. Argyle will have some returning starters and lots of young players that saw much action, but they will need some tough non-district games to get ready for Dallas Carter(in our district in 2014). Dallas Carter is the SLEEPER power team in D1 4a next season....you heard it here first.

...and last...Carter does well against other Dallas teams..but usually get it handed to them when going against good teams outside of Dallas..Argyle hangs 50 on them next season..a "ok" team in 4A D1, yeah...a power team?..NO!...you heard it here first.

jason
02-05-2014, 10:10 AM
...and last...Carter does well against other Dallas teams..but usually get it handed to them when going against good teams outside of Dallas..Argyle hangs 50 on them next season..a "ok" team in 4A D1, yeah...a power team?..NO!...you heard it here first.
maybe he was talking about basketball?

they will be a disd team.
fast and athletic.
who knows what else.