PDA

View Full Version : 21-3A Champs Bridge City 12 PNG 20 4A Champs 3

Old Cardinal
05-05-2002, 04:26 PM
Bridge City who has not lost to any 3A opponents continued to best many of the 4A's that they meet. The latest victum is Port Neches-Groves the Champions of 20-AAAA. B.C. has shown their dominance in topping Louisiana's best teams and most of the good 4AAAA teams in the area. Sealy will be their first good test in 3-AAA-no one should crowd them until the Regional finals.

Reveille
05-08-2002, 11:32 AM
I am sure that it just slipped your mind that Jasper beat B. C. 8-6 the other night.

sinton66
05-08-2002, 12:31 PM
Jasper won't be 3A until next fall, he only said "most" 4A's, I guess technically his statement was correct.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited May 08, 2002).]

Old Cardinal
05-08-2002, 05:25 PM
Yes, Jasper beat BC in a post season game. They have both beaten Jasper and lost to them. Also, they have both beat Lumberton and lost to them, the #2 team in that District.....And they beat PNG with their undefeated 10-0 20-4A District record. I look for Jasper, Lumberton and PNG to do well in 4A postseason......Bridge City should "Smoke" their 3A same size opponents. When you go up against an undefeated 4A District champ and win big against a school with an enrollment of 1555-I think it is noteworthy. Bet PNG and Lumberton survive further than Jasper, they have several good pitchers.

Ratcop
05-09-2002, 08:00 AM
I'm pulling for a BC/BH rematch in the quarters. Tables are turned this year however. BC with seniors and BH with underclassman. I could also see them both go down in defeat this week. Hope not. What about the Sweeny/Buna game. Flip a coin I say.

Old Cardinal
05-13-2002, 04:12 PM
Well, BC scored 11-3 & 17-4 victories over Sealy. Setting up the BC/BH game in Jasper at 7:30PM. I saw Buna beat a good Sweeny team on Fri. night. Buna has H-J this week, if they can get that one they will go to the finals of Region III. They should easily beat either China Springs or Taylor-to earn that spot. Meanwhile BC gets the opportunity to take on #1 Lorena in the regional semi-finals-I think they can beat them because of having played a much tougher overall schedule.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited May 13, 2002).]