PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown seems like a POS

Old Tiger
02-04-2014, 05:17 PM
details to come

1st and goal
02-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Mac is twittering that he said something else.

Old Tiger
02-05-2014, 06:29 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/hssports/2014/02/video-top-area-recruit-roberson-discusses-signing-with-ut/

NastySlot
02-05-2014, 07:39 PM
details to come

if it had happen at another school you'd be laughing your @$$ off.

tell me you re joking about being a lead mod................you re too much of troll to be a mod....we have mods because of trolls like you.

hey question isn't Mack still on the payroll at Texas? Why would he bite the hand that feeds him?

1st and goal
02-06-2014, 03:10 PM
if it had happen at another school you'd be laughing your @$$ off.

tell me you re joking about being a lead mod................you re too much of troll to be a mod....we have mods because of trolls like you.

hey question isn't Mack still on the payroll at Texas? Why would he bite the hand that feeds him?

You won't find a bigger horn fan than OT, nor a bigger aggie hater (except maybe hook). But he don't give Mack any slack when his team ain't winning national championships. For sure.

hookandladder
02-07-2014, 12:14 PM
I would be willing to bet the media put a twist on Mack's comments, it is not out of the norm for a coach to tell a recruit to look around before committing. Sumlin did the same thing to their LT recruit, he just happen to change his mind and signed with TCU. A kid has to make up his own mind , it is all about where you fit into their system. Mack is still a class act, bottom line.

NastySlot
02-07-2014, 12:40 PM
I would be willing to bet the media put a twist on Mack's comments, it is not out of the norm for a coach to tell a recruit to look around before committing. Sumlin did the same thing to their LT recruit, he just happen to change his mind and signed with TCU. A kid has to make up his own mind , it is all about where you fit into their system. Mack is still a class act, bottom line.

I agree with your last sentence....and I not a horn fan. Heck I even agree with your first sentence I could see those hacks in the statesman doing something like that.

Old Tiger
02-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Regardless if Mack was forced to resign or not he was still a paid employee of Texas. You don't tell kids that at all or even give them the perception they should look around. You tell them stay committed to the school and meet with the new staff and if they have second thoughts do what they have to do. But don't tell them you will help them contact other schools. Very hypocritical of him as well since back in 2010 when Muschamp left he told them to stay committed to the school and such because he knows they will get a good defensive coordinator.

Not only all that but Mack wasted a lot of their OV's

IMO the core of this team is severely under coached by Mack and company. If the new staff can get even half the potential out of these guys it will be a very very significant turn around.

NastySlot
02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Regardless if Mack was forced to resign or not he was still a paid employee of Texas. You don't tell kids that at all or even give them the perception they should look around. You tell them stay committed to the school and meet with the new staff and if they have second thoughts do what they have to do. But don't tell them you will help them contact other schools. Very hypocritical of him as well since back in 2010 when Muschamp left he told them to stay committed to the school and such because he knows they will get a good defensive coordinator.

Not only all that but Mack wasted a lot of their OV's

IMO the core of this team is severely under coached by Mack and company. If the new staff can get even half the potential out of these guys it will be a very very significant turn around.

Be honest the whole situation from the letting of Mack go to the process of hiring a coach was a mess and there are many to blame. What would really helped would of been to have a commit that was all in trying his best to keep the class together.

hookandladder
02-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Be honest the whole situation from the letting of Mack go to the process of hiring a coach was a mess and there are many to blame. What would really helped would of been to have a commit that was all in trying his best to keep the class together.

This is all water under the brridge , happens to many colleges that have new coaches come in. Texas will be fine, this just gives fans soemthing to talk about. Same situation at atm now that Manziel is gone, If both coaches can prove that can win the rest goes away. All coaches know , winning takes care of most all problem and if you don't win your out. Bottom line.

Old Tiger
02-07-2014, 05:50 PM

I agree, Mack should have been fired the Monday after that Baylor loss. That was embarrassing. The fact they let him coach into the bowl game was a cluster_____. Also wasting 17 OV banquet weekend should have never happened.