PDA

View Full Version : 4A Division 2 Pre-season top 10

Celina8
02-03-2014, 03:33 PM
I guess it is not to early. This is just my very unresearched, based on very little other than I have a little down time at work research.

1. WOS
2. Gilmer
3. Fairfield
4. La Grange
5. Sinton
6. Coldspring-Oakhurst
7. La Marque
8. Bellville
9. Celina
10. Cuero

Fire away!

Blue42
02-03-2014, 05:15 PM
I think La Grange lost a lot and lower grades looked a little weak. Cuero will be very strong this year and the next 2 after that.

Celina8
02-03-2014, 05:22 PM
I was not sure if La Grange had much coming back, but with the deep run they made this year, well that is why I placed them so high. Cuero I know has high expectations for the next few years from what I read on the board this year. I think the your biggest challenge will come from Sinton out of Region 4 and District 13 has a few good teams too.

SHSBulldog00
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Fairfield was loaded with Seniors.

Blue42
02-03-2014, 05:41 PM
If Yoakum screws there heads on right they should be good also lots of talent.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-03-2014, 06:02 PM
I think La Grange lost a lot and lower grades looked a little weak. Cuero will be very strong this year and the next 2 after that.

Should be a great test for both, Sinton rallied in the 4th qtr to take the lead in that playoff game. Sinton returns around 8 on defense and 6 on offense and should have a good group of kids coming up the ladder to fill in the missing spots.

Celina8
02-03-2014, 06:04 PM
I did not put Vernon into the mix but they did have a good season last year. Just not sure what they have returning. Tatum keeps getting a lot of mention by one poster who says they have the team this year to make a very deep run.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Sinton should be district fav's in D15. Very talented, well coached.

GobblersUnite
02-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Celina and Cuero should be moved up about 3 spots with LG and Fairfield rounding out the top 10. Gobbs return 7 on O and 8 on D. The JV went undefeated and outscored oppts 30-7 so I'm told.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM
From winter edition of DCTF he listed the top 10 overall for 4a but if you break it down into Divisions,
D2
1. Gilmer
2. West Orange Stark
3. Sinton
4. Coldspring-Oakhurst
5. Celina

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Celina and Cuero should be moved up about 3 spots with LG and Fairfield rounding out the top 10. Gobbs return 7 on O and 8 on D. The JV went undefeated and outscored oppts 30-7 so I'm told.

yeah, Cuero is loaded too.

GobblersUnite
02-03-2014, 06:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1qV0QAcoU

A friend of mine posted this a couple of weeks ago...the future looks pretty bright.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Sinton should be district fav's in D15. Very talented, well coached.Sinton and Cuero were pretty evenly matched and Yoakum had a very good game against Cuero. Ingleside not sure yet as they lose some good skill players but their coach is pretty good in producing even when they were suppose to rebuild. Jourdanton could be up there also with their new head coach use to winning. We'll be favorites due to last season but I see 3 others that can finish on top at the end of district play.

Celina8
02-03-2014, 06:14 PM
A lot of good teams down south this year that is for sure. I not sure Celina should actually move up as I will be honest and say maybe a little homerism played into my ranking them in the top 10.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 06:14 PM

A friend of mine posted this a couple of weeks ago...the future looks pretty bright.

:thumbsup:

GobblersUnite
02-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Sinton and Cuero were pretty evenly matched and Yoakum had a very good game against Cuero. Ingleside not sure yet as they lose some good skill players but their coach is pretty good in producing even when they were suppose to rebuild. Jourdanton could be up there also with their new head coach use to winning. We'll be favorites due to last season but I see 3 others that easily finish on top at the end of district play.

I agree....those Pirates are on a roll right now.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Sinton and Cuero were pretty evenly matched and Yoakum had a very good game against Cuero. Ingleside not sure yet as they lose some good skill players but their coach is pretty good in producing even when they were suppose to rebuild. Jourdanton could be up there also with their new head coach use to winning. We'll be favorites due to last season but I see 3 others that can finish on top at the end of district play.

Sinton spanked a solid LaVernia team I seen in Victoria last year. That Owens kid is a beast, and will only be a soph, right? All those returners, a real contender at the region title I say. Who will be the QB? And, how did the JV do?

GobblersUnite
02-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Sinton spanked a solid LaVernia team I seen in Victoria last year. That Owens kid is a beast, and will only be a soph, right? All those returners, a real contender at the region title I say. Who will be the QB? And, how did the JV do?

QB Handson is returning...they will be tough.

Bleed orange
02-03-2014, 06:29 PM
A lot of good teams down south this year that is for sure. I not sure Celina should actually move up as I will be honest and say maybe a little homerism played into my ranking them in the top 10.

Until they prove that they can beat GOOD teams they don't belong in the conversation .

SintonFan_inAustin
02-03-2014, 06:32 PM

Qb is Tyler Handson this season. Colten Cohea a jr would be replacement most likely the following season, Cohea and Owens were used rarely in the season on offense and saw more action in playoffs, they'll both be rb/wr to go along with Handson. Should be a explosive offense if they're able to replace the offensive lineman they lost. JV went 6-4 and Freshman went 9-1 with 6 wins against JV teams with only loss at the start of the season. 8th grade only lost 1 game to Alice and 7th went unbeaten with a win over 7th grade Refugio team. That's the upcoming bunch.

Those are records I remember seeing.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 06:33 PM
QB Handson is returning...they will be tough.

Dern right. I thought he was a senior. WOW!!! He's the real deal. Thanks Gob's. I'll move chatter to D15 clubhouse. Sorry, didn't mean to clutter up the top 10 ranking with D15 news.

iFootball
02-03-2014, 06:37 PM

Video was blocked 😣

buckeyebob
02-03-2014, 06:48 PM
I did not put Vernon into the mix but they did have a good season last year. Just not sure what they have returning. Tatum keeps getting a lot of mention by one poster who says they have the team this year to make a very deep run.

They seem to always have a team...we have given & received for years (lead the series 14-7)...tough, well coached...4 State Champ appearances
1996 (L/Sealy 26-27)
2005 (W/Hutto 38-34)
2006 (W/Littlefield 32-14)
2007 (L/Farmersville 27-24/OT

Tatum ended Gilmer’s 34 game home winning streak in 2010...they will kick your arse.

GobblersUnite
02-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Video was blocked ��

Search 2013 Undefeated Cuero JV Gobblers. Can't be viewed on your phone. Only pc or notebook.

cowboyandchrist
02-03-2014, 11:51 PM
They seem to always have a team...we have given & received for years (lead the series 14-7)...tough, well coached...4 State Champ appearances
1996 (L/Sealy 26-27)
2005 (W/Hutto 38-34)
2006 (W/Littlefield 32-14)
2007 (L/Farmersville 27-24/OT

Tatum ended Gilmer’s 34 game home winning streak in 2010...they will kick your arse.

This year will be the best chance at giving Gilmer a good game. They are loaded with speed, depth, and size. Tatum has only beaten Gilmer one time in ten years. I have learned not to bet against Gilmer when they play Tatum. This year Tatum is my sleeper team because of the blood lines that will be on the field. There are several D1 prospects in this bunch. I will just have to wait and see if they play as a team. They should be on paper one of the better teams Tatum has put on the field in many years. They have a chance to be as good as the 2005 team.

Celina8
02-04-2014, 06:07 AM
This year will be the best chance at giving Gilmer a good game. They are loaded with speed, depth, and size. Tatum has only beaten Gilmer one time in ten years. I have learned not to bet against Gilmer when they play Tatum. This year Tatum is my sleeper team because of the blood lines that will be on the field. There are several D1 prospects in this bunch. I will just have to wait and see if they play as a team. They should be on paper one of the better teams Tatum has put on the field in many years. They have a chance to be as good as the 2005 team.

Cowboy, you have me intrigued about Tatum and they will be a team I put on my radar. I can tell you this Tatum has a rich history in High School Footbal and other sports that would make any community very proud. They are moving up in classification, but Tatum did win a title against Hutto who was twice their size sometime back.

Dawgs
02-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Cowboy, you have me intrigued about Tatum and they will be a team I put on my radar. I can tell you this Tatum has a rich history in High School Footbal and other sports that would make any community very proud. They are moving up in classification, but Tatum did win a title against Hutto who was twice their size sometime back.

Honestly it hasn't been that long ago when Tatum was beating Carthage. From 2002 - 2007 these were competitive games, with Tatum winning most of them. I believe what Cowboy is saying about Tatum, and Bob is right...Tatum will kick your butt. Now with that said Tatum don't want none of Carthage anymore, and they know it. Last time we met them in the playoffs, and they thought they had a pretty good team Carthage hung 70 on them. In all fairness based on enrollment that is what should happen. I will be rooting for Tatum. They are about 17 miles down the road on 149 in between Carthage and Longview. Man, we got some athletes over this way!

Saggy Aggie
02-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Lm....

WhartonTigers
02-04-2014, 09:28 AM
No Wharton?

Im pretty sure with our entire set of Qb, Wr, and RB's returning, we should make a push at another stellar year with better results in playoffs. i believe Leeshod Oneil is the only starting senior to leave this year. and big Lynch #76.

buckeyebob
02-04-2014, 01:18 PM

We will take an legal avenue to prevent this from happening...then, as you well know, we will take the low road too like turning the lights out @ the stadium or sicking a skunk on you...we have 2010 in mind...wonder where it will be played this year...hopefully Buckeyeville...let the smack begin...never too early.

Snotbubbles
02-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Let's try this.

1. Sinton (gave them a hard time last year with their music, and Handson returns)
2. WOS
3. La Marque
4. Coldspring
5. Navarro
6. Fairfield
7. LaGrange
8. Sweeney
9. Cuero
10. Wharton

I know, I know. No Gilmer your asking? They'll be yellow dog lagged with all the travel.

Gone Fishing
02-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Let's try this.

1. Sinton (gave them a hard time last year with their music, and Handson returns)
2. WOS
3. La Marque
4. Coldspring
5. Navarro
6. Fairfield
7. LaGrange
8. Sweeney
9. Cuero
10. Wharton

I know, I know. No Gilmer your asking? They'll be yellow dog lagged with all the travel.

No Wimberley SB's ? I think they will beat Navarro this year.

Snotbubbles
02-04-2014, 01:58 PM
No Wimberley SB's ? I think they will beat Navarro this year.

LOL. You think?:doh:

I have them Texans at 11 GF.;)

YTBulldogs
02-04-2014, 02:07 PM

:spitlol: Yellow-dog lag. That's worse than jet lag.

Gone Fishing
02-04-2014, 03:41 PM
LOL. You think?:doh:

I have them Texans at 11 GF.;)

I can handle 11. thats my favorite number...

Snotbubbles
02-04-2014, 04:00 PM
I can handle 11. thats my favorite number...

Truthfully, I think it will be another rebuilding year for ya GF. Nelms was no dummy on when to bolt. But, we will see the Texans up and running one day again. Yes, out of this district, you'll make the playoffs.

44INAROW
02-04-2014, 04:31 PM
I guess it is not to early. This is just my very unresearched, based on very little other than I have a little down time at work research.

1. WOS
2. Gilmer
3. Fairfield
4. La Grange
5. Sinton
6. Coldspring-Oakhurst
7. La Marque
8. Bellville
9. Celina
10. Cuero

Fire away!

Damn, it just nice to be in the mix again :) Excited for the season to get going.. :) We have Booster Club tomorrow night (Weds)...... I will get a confirmed schedule (if it isn't already posted) The JV was fun to watch last year... but as we all know - it's a whole new atmosphere on Friday nights! We'll see how it goes, I'm thinking it goes well for the Gobblers :)
The new track was literally just completed, the field is looking good - things are looking up in Gobblerville :)

YTBulldogs
02-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Damn, it just nice to be in the mix again :) Excited for the season to get going.. :) We have Booster Club tomorrow night (Weds)...... I will get a confirmed schedule (if it isn't already posted) The JV was fun to watch last year... but as we all know - it's a whole new atmosphere on Friday nights! We'll see how it goes, I'm thinking it goes well for the Gobblers :)
The new track was literally just completed, the field is looking good - things are looking up in Gobblerville :)

Will the new locker rooms be complete 44? This Gobbler Stadium is a happening place for playoffs. Heard nothing but good remarks how Cuero ISD hosted playoffs last year. Like Sinton too, just being friendly to the paying customer/ teams using the facilities goes a long way. Hear that Victoria? Teams/fan's remember.

Celina8
02-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Looks like South Texas is planting the Flag and laying claim to 4A Division 2.

Blue42
02-04-2014, 04:50 PM
I made a early prediction last year that Cuero would go 3 deep. I think they will win R4 this year.

pirate4state
02-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Sinton and Cuero were pretty evenly matched and Yoakum had a very good game against Cuero. Ingleside not sure yet as they lose some good skill players but their coach is pretty good in producing even when they were suppose to rebuild. Jourdanton could be up there also with their new head coach use to winning. We'll be favorites due to last season but I see 3 others that can finish on top at the end of district play.

I know this doesn't mean too much, but Sinton's middle school teams manhandled Ingleside. I know some of those kids are just learning the game, but goodness....

We have to rebuild our offensive line, but our coaches are some of the best so I'm not too worried. We have a great core returning. Looking forward to football!!!

pirate4state
02-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Let's try this.

2. WOS
3. La Marque
4. Coldspring
5. Navarro
6. Fairfield
7. LaGrange
8. Sweeney
9. Cuero
10. Wharton

We will back with our music, but I'm not putting us at #1 and neither should anyone else :wave:

Blue42
02-04-2014, 05:50 PM
I know this doesn't mean too much, but Sinton's middle school teams manhandled Ingleside. I know some of those kids are just learning the game, but goodness....

We have to rebuild our offensive line, but our coaches are some of the best so I'm not too worried. We have a great core returning. Looking forward to football!!!
Noticed that too when we played Ingleside in the lower grades also it may be lean for them for a while.

Gone Fishing
02-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Truthfully, I think it will be another rebuilding year for ya GF. Nelms was no dummy on when to bolt. But, we will see the Texans up and running one day again. Yes, out of this district, you'll make the playoffs.

SB's I'm a homer, but I know FB too. The last time I saw and talked to Nelms was exactly one year ago tomorrow when he was with my son on National Signing Day. It was also his last day at Wimberley and only two days after we all found out he was leaving. I had a good conversation with him about it all. He is a friend and also the best coach WT's has ever had by far (both times) and I am blessed my two kids had him throughout their Jr high and High school days. I'm in the know on Wimberley talent, believe me. I have followed closely every year since 2000. WT"s will be about like last year this coming year, or possibly better, BUT....when these 8th graders are soph, Juniors and seniors, watch out, we will have a state run again for sure. I haven't seen the non district schedule for this year, but I think a 7-3 or 8-2 is possible.....

bag-o-chips
02-05-2014, 07:12 AM
You may have some trouble with Navarro because correct me if I am wrong but the 7th was unbeaten and the 8th grade has been unbeaten for both years and the Freshman group lost 1 game in 3 years and the JV was unbeaten and the Varsity lost a total of 2 games last year. So using your logic then Navarro stands to make a good run.

adoptedbuckeye
02-05-2014, 07:17 AM

1. WOS
2. Gilmer
3. Fairfield
4. La Grange
5. Sinton
6. Coldspring-Oakhurst
7. La Marque
8. Bellville
9. Celina
10. Cuero

Fire away!

Somepne may have said this i haven't read the whole thread but I think Tatum is going to be really competitive this year and I would have them in my top 10 list.

buckeyebob
02-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Looks like South Texas is planting the Flag and laying claim to 4A Division 2.

They have tried that before...when was the last time :thinking:

Gone Fishing
02-05-2014, 09:18 AM
You may have some trouble with Navarro because correct me if I am wrong but the 7th was unbeaten and the 8th grade has been unbeaten for both years and the Freshman group lost 1 game in 3 years and the JV was unbeaten and the Varsity lost a total of 2 games last year. So using your logic then Navarro stands to make a good run.

Good point chips. Navarro will be good for a while. The sub varsitys and jr hi have a harder time with a good slot-t. Wimberley has a couple of kids in 8th that will be special. One may play varsity this coming year as a fish. Wimberley will be interesting to follow this year, could surprise or could be about like last year, just hard to figure out. I'll sit by snotbubbles at the first scrimmage then I will know. lol...

44INAROW
02-05-2014, 09:37 AM
They have tried that before...when was the last time :thinking:

well, I certainly wasn't planting any flags, all I did was say it's nice to be in the mix again. I've been around way to long to start tooting the horn this early. I guess we're not supposed to be positive since we're south of 1H10 :hairpunk:

BB BULLS
02-05-2014, 10:17 AM
our defense should be fine but coach Rowe has some work to on the offensive side of the ball.

bag-o-chips
02-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Good point chips. Navarro will be good for a while. The sub varsitys and jr hi have a harder time with a good slot-t. Wimberley has a couple of kids in 8th that will be special. One may play varsity this coming year as a fish. Wimberley will be interesting to follow this year, could surprise or could be about like last year, just hard to figure out. I'll sit by snotbubbles at the first scrimmage then I will know. lol...

and Navarro had 3 freshman last year on varsity so I think even though the varsity defends the slot better when these kids have 6 years of repitition it justges better. I do see Navarro and Wimberley at the top of this new district. I do think one was the newcomer of the year in Defense.

Celina8
02-05-2014, 11:44 AM
well, I certainly wasn't planting any flags, all I did was say it's nice to be in the mix again. I've been around way to long to start tooting the horn this early. I guess we're not supposed to be positive since we're south of 1H10 :hairpunk:

Hey 44 it is all good. I meant that statement of planting the flag in a good and fun way. So Plant that sucker deep and we will see if we (boys up North, East, and West can pull that sucker out, and yeah Cuero going to be a force to reckon with sounds like in the coming years.

cowboyandchrist
02-05-2014, 08:43 PM

This is the team the people in Tatum have been waiting on. The sophomore and junior class moving up will have everything you could hope for in a team. Big strong linemen on both sides of the ball, big fast linebackers, a secondary that will hit and can fly, should be one of the fastest defenses in 4A. This bunch of kids beat Gilmer 45 to 6 as freshmen. They will have two receivers 6ft 3in or maybe a little taller that have good hands and can run. I am not sure about the running backs, but Tatum has always had good running backs. All of this means nothing if they don't play as a team. They have lined up a killer non district schedule in Gilmer, Chapel Hill, LE, Harden Jefferson, and Newton. Coach Evans would not have ask for these type of games if he was not sure about his squad. The new district will be Gladewater (4 rounds deep) Atlanta, Center, Spring Hill, and Pleasant Grove. It will be fun to see how they do. If you go to any of the games this year don't be surprised to see former NFL players in the stands. Larry Centers all pro and super bowl winner, Larry Horton, the bears, Travin Smith Oakland Raiders, Hodge Dallas Cowboys, D Morre Oakland Raiders (still playing) This group of kids should be very fun to watch.

eagles_victory
02-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Fairfield was loaded with Seniors. There is plenty of talent coming back they will be very good again.

buckeyebob
02-06-2014, 07:10 AM
This is the team the people in Tatum have been waiting on. The sophomore and junior class moving up will have everything you could hope for in a team. Big strong linemen on both sides of the ball, big fast linebackers, a secondary that will hit and can fly, should be one of the fastest defenses in 4A. This bunch of kids beat Gilmer 45 to 6 as freshmen. They will have two receivers 6ft 3in or maybe a little taller that have good hands and can run. I am not sure about the running backs, but Tatum has always had good running backs. All of this means nothing if they don't play as a team. They have lined up a killer non district schedule in Gilmer, Chapel Hill, LE, Harden Jefferson, and Newton. Coach Evans would not have ask for these type of games if he was not sure about his squad. The new district will be Gladewater (4 rounds deep) Atlanta, Center, Spring Hill, and Pleasant Grove. It will be fun to see how they do. If you go to any of the games this year don't be surprised to see former NFL players in the stands. Larry Centers all pro and super bowl winner, Larry Horton, the bears, Travin Smith Oakland Raiders, Hodge Dallas Cowboys, D Morre Oakland Raiders (still playing) This group of kids should be very fun to watch.

This will be great...spanking Tatum & Carthage in the same pre-season...priceless...it has been a while, but like riding a bicycle.

Dawgs
02-06-2014, 07:29 AM
This will be great...spanking Tatum & Carthage in the same pre-season...priceless...it has been a while, but like riding a bicycle.

You guys lost a lot from the most overrated team Gilmer ever fielded. Yall will have to prove to everybody that Gilmer can get back to playing mistake free football. Not saying Gilmer will not get it done, just saying there was a lot of hype last year without much substance. With that said Gilmer has to be the favorite in DII just based on history. I would say WOS a close second. One more thing...Absolutly no way in hell Gilmer beats both Carthage and Tatum in 2014!

waterboy
02-06-2014, 08:32 AM
You guys lost a lot from the most overrated team Gilmer ever fielded. Yall will have to prove to everybody that Gilmer can get back to playing mistake free football. Not saying Gilmer will not get it done, just saying there was a lot of hype last year without much substance. With that said Gilmer has to be the favorite in DII just based on history. I would say WOS a close second. One more thing...Absolutly no way in hell Gilmer beats both Carthage and Tatum in 2014!

I wouldn't say Gilmer was overrated at all last year. They had the team, just not the chemistry. They were mistake prone, and it cost them any chance at a title. We lose quite a few players this year, so it's anybody's guess how good we will be, but if history is any indication we will just reload and win a lot games, going deep in the playoffs once again. Oh, and we will beat Tatum this year. Depending on how quickly we gel, and clean up the mistakes that we were prone to last year, we "can" beat Carthage, too. I'm of the opinion that we will beat both. You are entitled to your opinion, even though you're looking through your rose-colored glasses. I certainly don't have any delusions saying it will be easy, however.

Dawgs
02-06-2014, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't say Gilmer was overrated at all last year. They had the team, just not the chemistry. They were mistake prone, and it cost them any chance at a title. We lose quite a few players this year, so it's anybody's guess how good we will be, but if history is any indication we will just reload and win a lot games, going deep in the playoffs once again. Oh, and we will beat Tatum this year. Depending on how quickly we gel, and clean up the mistakes that we were prone to last year, we "can" beat Carthage, too. I'm of the opinion that we will beat both. You are entitled to your opinion, even though you're looking through your rose-colored glasses. I certainly don't have any delusions saying it will be easy, however.

The verdict will be out on Carthage. We have alot to replace. I for one am not promising anything this year. It will be a young group, and we will see what happens. I still say we beat the Bucks based on both teams losing alot, and I'll take Surratt over Traylor!

Aesculus gilmus
02-06-2014, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't say Gilmer was overrated at all last year.

I agree with you. When you lose by only seven points to the undefeated 16-0 champion of your division, as Gilmer did, it proves you are close to the best team in the state.

We may play and beat Tatum twice this year. Gilmer will win state if the QB (whichever one it is) is better than expected and a few guys come through in the trenches. Those are big "ifs," though.

lostaussie
02-06-2014, 10:52 AM
You guys lost a lot from the most overrated team Gilmer ever fielded!Evidently you don't know much about our history.............This wasn't even close to the most overrated team in our history..............or for that matter even close to being the most dissapointing team in our history. Last years team lost to 2 very good teams. I have no problem with that. Its when you get beat by someone that you know you should have beaten that stings the most. I can think of 2 in the last 10 years real fast.

Dawgs
02-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Evidently you don't know much about our history.............This wasn't even close to the most overrated team in our history..............or for that matter even close to being the most dissapointing team in our history. Last years team lost to 2 very good teams. I have no problem with that. Its when you get beat by someone that you know you should have beaten that stings the most. I can think of 2 in the last 10 years real fast.

Going into the Kilgore game Gilmer posters were for 100% saying that y'all's 2013 team was possibly the best team Gilmer ever had. There was comparisons to the 2009 team on numerous occasions. As soon as Gilmer was beat by Kilgore it was "Oh a sleeping giant has been awoken". Same thing happened against Argyle. In recent years Gilmer has struggled against the top teams who play power football. IMO Gilmer scheme is awesome when it's playing teams who scheme the same way. But when they meet teams that have big strong o-line and d-line they get handled. All I am saying is that there was talk last year of Gilmer possibly being an all time great totem, and they flamed out. In another post you guys say Gilmer was one of the top teams in the state... Maybe top 10. You also said that they only got beat by 7 points by Argyle, but you fans know that game was never in question.

hookandladder
02-06-2014, 12:21 PM

La Grange did lose a number of Senior's however they will return two of their top three RB's ( Hutchinson, Dobbins), scoring will not be a problem but the defense will need some guys to step up. Our lower grades always look weak however there is always the kids that get better year in year out,La Grange will compete well again next year.

buckeyebob
02-06-2014, 12:32 PM

We did lose 2 games last year...Kilgore by 5 pts & Argyle by 7 pts...I do not seem to remember "a lot of hype"...we lost the games fair & square to two great teams, one State Champion & one runner-up...and if you missed the Kilgore / Buckeye game last year, perhaps you would have seen what all the hype was about.

63-2 in Football District Play Since 2001

15 yrs. in a row of No Grade Issues

2 State Championships

I guess we do look overrated...how do you stack up?

Dawgs
02-06-2014, 01:28 PM
We did lose 2 games last year...Kilgore by 5 pts & Argyle by 7 pts...I do not seem to remember "a lot of hype"...we lost the games fair & square to two great teams, one State Champion & one runner-up...and if you missed the Kilgore / Buckeye game last year, perhaps you would have seen what all the hype was about.

63-2 in Football District Play Since 2001

15 yrs. in a row of No Grade Issues

2 State Championships

I guess we do look overrated...how do you stack up?

Actually I was in the stands at the Kilgore game from start to finish on the Kilgore side. Got there 45 minutes early, and barely found a seat. I don't agree with much Hollywood says, but we both agreed after that game. I said hands down with 100% certinity that Carthage would beat both convincingly. Guess what I was right. If you don't remember all the hype, then you truly are getting old. You were the main hype man. All we heard all season was how great the Buckeyes were...Truth was they weren't even close to the best team in East Texas, much less 3a. Remember thats all we heard from you after the 2012 season when Carthage blew a 24-14 4th quarter lead in the Semis...Overrated. Seems like when the shoe is on the other foot it doesn't set right.

Since 2007:

88-15 overall
30-3 in the playoffs
6 district championships
4 state championships

I don't think there is much to compare.

You Bucks can't stand being 2nd best:bigcry:

pirate4state
02-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Actually I was in the stands at the Kilgore game from start to finish on the Kilgore side. Got there 45 minutes early, and barely found a seat. I don't agree with much Hollywood says, but we both agreed after that game. I said hands down with 100% certinity that Carthage would beat both convincingly. Guess what I was right. If you don't remember all the hype, then you truly are getting old. You were the main hype man. All we heard all season was how great the Buckeyes were...Truth was they weren't even close to the best team in East Texas, much less 3a. Remember thats all we heard from you after the 2012 season when Carthage blew a 24-14 4th quarter lead in the Semis...Overrated. Seems like when the shoe is on the other foot it doesn't set right.

Since 2007:

88-15 overall
30-3 in the playoffs
6 district championships
4 state championships

:1popcorn: :hijacktd:

movethechain
02-06-2014, 02:17 PM

Since 2007:

88-15 overall
30-3 in the playoffs
6 district championships
4 state championships

Remind us again, who won the last meeting between your dogs and the buckeyes.

Dawgs
02-06-2014, 02:23 PM
:1popcorn: :hijacktd:

Haha...ok. But heck there isn't much action on any threads this time of the year!

lostaussie
02-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Going into the Kilgore game Gilmer posters were for 100% saying that y'all's 2013 team was possibly the best team Gilmer ever had. There was comparisons to the 2009 team on numerous occasions. As soon as Gilmer was beat by Kilgore it was "Oh a sleeping giant has been awoken". Same thing happened against Argyle. In recent years Gilmer has struggled against the top teams who play power football. IMO Gilmer scheme is awesome when it's playing teams who scheme the same way. But when they meet teams that have big strong o-line and d-line they get handled. All I am saying is that there was talk last year of Gilmer possibly being an all time great totem, and they flamed out. In another post you guys say Gilmer was one of the top teams in the state... Maybe top 10. You also said that they only got beat by 7 points by Argyle, but you fans know that game was never in question.You read to much into what them hillbillies on the "other site" say. Alot of those guys are WAY over the top. I try to be a realist even though I am as big a homer as anyone. I usually know when to be worried and when not to. That doesn't mean we can't win, just means i know when to be worried. In all honesty Argyle should probably ended the game 14 points up, but to say we weren't in it would be a false statement. We at one point had the lead in the second half..................your points about line play are right on. We continuously struggle against teams that man-handle our lines. Kilgore and Argyle both dominated us on the line of scrimmage........We gonna have to beef them boys up:D

pirate4state
02-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Haha...ok. But heck there isn't much action on any threads this time of the year!

He left himself WIDE OPEN didn't he? LOL

I love my friends in Buckeye land though

No harm; no foul....

lostaussie
02-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Remind us again, who won the last meeting between your dogs and the buckeyes.That was so long ago i honestly don't remember.............must have been us or you would not have mentioned it:D

lostaussie
02-06-2014, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=pirate4state;1802841]I love my friends in Buckeye land though

QUOTE] Mostly ME

pirate4state
02-06-2014, 03:49 PM
I love my friends in Buckeye land though

Mostly ME LOL sure...you had my very own shirt made :cheerl: :2thumbsup

lostaussie
02-06-2014, 03:51 PM
And you made one for me.......I'm a pirate now!!!! Arrrrgh

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

pirate4state
02-06-2014, 03:52 PM
And you made one for me.......I'm a pirate now!!!! Arrrrgh

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Well, it wasn't special customized, but yes, I got you a shirt. Glad you like it!

Pudlugger
02-08-2014, 04:11 PM

LG lost some key starters including among others OL Ledwik(TAMU), Schindler, Shubert, Rb Filmore and Qb Davis. We return starting RB/Safety Hutchison and RB/CB Dobbins. Our defense will be stout with 6 returning starters. Qb Dixon had plenty of playing time last season and looks like a solid choice for the starting job. Good arm and speed much like Davis so he should fit seamlessly into the offense. The big question will be the three OL positions that must be filled. The JV and Frosh had strong showings and I expect to see some new talent next year. LG should be the favorite to win our district and could go 3-4 rounds deep n 2014 playoffs.

Blue42
02-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Good deal Pud we will miss you guys on our district LG are a class act wish y'all all the best and hope we meet up in the future