PDA

View Full Version : Canton 14, Crandall 13 Final

sinton66
11-14-2003, 11:25 PM
nm

Showtime33
11-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Once again, Coach Barnes gets out-coached in the playoffs. I have been fed up with his crap for a while now. Its a shame when you have had the amount of talent he has had in Crandall and done so little with it.

sinton66
11-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Are you saying that Canton shouldn't have won this game? Is it not possible they may have been the slightly better team?

3afan
11-15-2003, 09:28 AM
i dont think he's saying that - its just a built up frustration with crandall's "unimaginative" offense ... these 2 teams were very evenly matched, but crandall's inability/unwillingness to throw the ball may have cost them this one

Showtime33
11-15-2003, 12:48 PM
3aFan, you hit the nail on the head. Im not taking anything away from Canton but I think Crandall had a lot more talent on their team than Canton did. Coach Barnes is just so stuborn in his ways. He will stick to running the ball, even if its not working. The offense he runs works against weaker teams but anytime Crandall faces teams equal or better than them, they get beat. I will use this as an example, if Forney's QB Caleb Hanie went to Crandall, as good of a passer as he is, he would only trow the ball maybe 20 times during the season at the most running Barne's offense. He would not be going to Colorado St. for sure. Look at what coach Rush did in Forney, the JackRabbits have always been known as a team that runs the ball, but coach Rush looked at what kind of talent he had on his team during the offseason and he adjusted his offense to fit his team's strenghts and look at the results they have had.

Rabbit'93
11-15-2003, 01:18 PM
I read in the paper that they threw the ball on a 3rd down when they should have run it to cause time to tick off. That cost them the game. That's what I read anyway.