PDA

View Full Version : A&M getting key commits over UT

1st and goal
02-03-2014, 10:14 AM
I realize some of this is 6 day old news but this board is so dead, we need some rivalry to wake it up.

Good article to read if you are an aggie fan.

This looks like it is written by a longhorn contributor.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/10358714/texas-aggies-beat-texas-longhorns-recruiting-battle-espn-300-linebacker-otaro-alaka

This is great news as we sure can use the defensive help.

http://tamu.rivals.com/default.asp?type=2

1st and goal
02-03-2014, 10:25 AM
another good link
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1944021-texas-am-recruiting-5-most-underrated-recruits-in-2014-class

coach
02-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Some think the new strict enviroment of Charkie Strong is scarring away some of the recruits.

Old Tiger
02-04-2014, 08:13 AM
It all boils down to how that Mack situation was handled.

1st and goal
02-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Lots of OL and WR signed.

I'll bet there will be some young guys playing D this year again, but at least we'll have some young depth.

Great, great year for A&M recruiting. Top 5 in the nation.

Wonder who's going to be the QB this year? Rumors abound about next year having Kyler Murray (sp) aboard. Ain't it Great?

1st and goal
02-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Feel good story.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-aggies/20140204-despite-career-ending-injury-texas-am-still-honoring-recruit-collins-scholarship.ece

Tejastrue
02-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Win some lose some...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1948025-shaun-nixon-flips-commitment-from-texas-am-to-tcu

PhiI C
02-05-2014, 01:10 PM
The Aggies will have a very good class anyway but I think Texas may have a better class than most people expected - especially under the circumstances.

1st and goal
02-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Win some lose some...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1948025-shaun-nixon-flips-commitment-from-texas-am-to-tcu
Yep, good thang we got plenty of great RB's.

Emerson1
02-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Can those who follow recruiting and actually know what to look for on film give some details Armani Watts? I saw him play in person a couple of times and nothing ever stood out to me that said he was a future safety in the SEC. Then again I hate A&M and North Forney so that probably skewed my views...

NastySlot
02-05-2014, 09:28 PM
. Then again I hate A&M and North Forney so that probably skewed my views...

This is your problem...not objective I guess........just kidding.

The Aggies need safety help but I read where he projected to play CB

hookandladder
02-07-2014, 12:22 PM
A&M got a great recruiting class this year, no doubt. The big question after a year or two of competing for a starting position and not starting, how many will end up transfering. Happens to all colleges these days, on the bright side you have the pick of the litter but did you pick the right one. The next two years are big for Sumlin, can he make atm a conference champion or is just competing well in the sec good enough at atm.

NastySlot
02-07-2014, 12:37 PM
A&M got a great recruiting class this year, no doubt. The big question after a year or two of competing for a starting position and not starting, how many will end up transfering. Happens to all colleges these days, on the bright side you have the pick of the litter but did you pick the right one. The next two years are big for Sumlin, can he make atm a conference champion or is just competing well in the sec good enough at atm.

IMO he needs one more class. The teams in the SEC to borrow a saying used by someone on here are Deep....in talent. What the Aggies have done these past two seasons Alabama, LSU and the other SEC teams have been doing for a while now. The Aggies aren't going to go out and win the conference with freshman and sophomore loaded defense...still a year or two away.

Old Tiger
02-07-2014, 02:07 PM
IMO he needs one more class. The teams in the SEC to borrow a saying used by someone on here are Deep....in talent. What the Aggies have done these past two seasons Alabama, LSU and the other SEC teams have been doing for a while now. The Aggies aren't going to go out and win the conference with freshman and sophomore loaded defense...still a year or two away.

Has it been proven in Sumlin's entire career that he can develop players? IMO that is a big unknown for him.

hookandladder
02-07-2014, 02:20 PM

Amazing how Missouri only took two years to make it to the sec championship, also played Auburn pretty much toe to toe. I guess Missouri had some great recruiting classes the last 2 or 3 years, maybe just great coaching.

NastySlot
02-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Amazing how Missouri only took two years to make it to the sec championship, also played Auburn pretty much toe to toe. I guess Missouri had some great recruiting classes the last 2 or 3 years, maybe just great coaching.

come on you're smarter and know football....Missouri had a great D line...I just reference the Aggies wouldn't win a conference title with a young D. The Aggies also played Auburn toe to toe....Manziel gets hurt on a promising drive inside the red zone then marches them down field in closing minutes and (not bellying aching) should of gotten them inside the 10 but a missed horse collar call they lose...but it is what is a loss. Also Missouri plays in the East a little bit different from the West. Missouri had a great season maybe it was coaching that potential I mentioned in the order thread up.

NastySlot
02-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Has it been proven in Sumlin's entire career that he can develop players? IMO that is a big unknown for him.

Well what Sumlin s been a HC for what about 4-5-6 years idk.....but I could be wrong but I pretty sure the job to developed that talent falls on the shoulders of his staff.

I think too many times people on here give way too much credit to the HC...it's his staff.............you should know that -example Mack gets rid of Manny brings in a Robinson.

hookandladder
02-07-2014, 04:02 PM
come on you're smarter and know football....Missouri had a great D line...I just reference the Aggies wouldn't win a conference title with a young D. The Aggies also played Auburn toe to toe....Manziel gets hurt on a promising drive inside the red zone then marches them down field in closing minutes and (not bellying aching) should of gotten them inside the 10 but a missed horse collar call they lose...but it is what is a loss. Also Missouri plays in the East a little bit different from the West. Missouri had a great season maybe it was coaching that potential I mentioned in the order thread up.

So your saying coaching may have put Missouri over the top, I can see that which is the same thing we are saying about Texas. Mack did a great job for Texas, now it is time for Strong to do a better job of coaching the talent that is there at Texas now. One of Mack's biggest problems was not recruiting better at QB, just bad judgement on him and his staff in that position. If's win nothing, it's the W that counts at the end.

hookandladder
02-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Well what Sumlin s been a HC for what about 4-5-6 years idk.....but I could be wrong but I pretty sure the job to developed that talent falls on the shoulders of his staff.

I think too many times people on here give way too much credit to the HC...it's his staff.............you should know that -example Mack gets rid of Manny brings in a Robinson.

You are exactly correct the blame lies on him and his staff , same at UH. No defense at UH and his first two years at atm, no defense. Let's see if this staff now can put a defense on the field next year because those will be his recruits, there can be no excuses with the recruiting classes he has brought in the last couple years.

Old Tiger
02-07-2014, 05:48 PM

Offense, Mack's specialty, has remained the same outside of when VY and Colt were QB's.

1st and goal
02-07-2014, 06:49 PM
You are exactly correct the blame lies on him and his staff , same at UH. No defense at UH and his first two years at atm, no defense. Let's see if this staff now can put a defense on the field next year because those will be his recruits, there can be no excuses with the recruiting classes he has brought in the last couple years.

I think A&M's defense and SEC winning potential are going to be realized not this next season, but 2015. Defense still young. Many of these recent recruits will probably get playing time on D this year. IMO, it takes defensive linemen at least 1 year (better 2 years) when they are 20 or 21 years old, to get their strength and techniques maximized.

Coaching staff changes are a head coach's main goal/dilemma to try to get the right coach in the right place to help the team win. I miss Kingsbury. Sumlin let Mckinney (sp?) call plays when Kingsbury left and in hindsight, many think Mckinney wasn't the right choice. Time will tell how it works out.

Old Tiger
02-08-2014, 01:36 AM
I think A&M's defense and SEC winning potential are going to be realized not this next season, but 2015. Defense still young. Many of these recent recruits will probably get playing time on D this year. IMO, it takes defensive linemen at least 1 year (better 2 years) when they are 20 or 21 years old, to get their strength and techniques maximized.

Coaching staff changes are a head coach's main goal/dilemma to try to get the right coach in the right place to help the team win. I miss Kingsbury. Sumlin let Mckinney (sp?) call plays when Kingsbury left and in hindsight, many think Mckinney wasn't the right choice. Time will tell how it works out.
Secondary is going to be their biggest weakness in 2015 by looking at depth chart and recruiting.

I also see guys like Golden, Claiborne, and Hall going pro after that year as well.

1st and goal
02-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Secondary is going to be their biggest weakness in 2015 by looking at depth chart and recruiting.

I also see guys like Golden, Claiborne, and Hall going pro after that year as well.

We got some good DB's. Leaving early is a problem when you get such good players. All the top teams have to deal with that.