02-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Attached.

Roughneck93
02-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Wow...
D10....that sucks for LM.

Old Green
02-03-2014, 10:12 AM
District 15 is going to be very competitive. Jourdanton is going to have a rough time in this district.

Los Owls
02-03-2014, 10:16 AM
AWESOME...dISTRICT 13...

pirate4state
02-03-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't know anything about Jourdanton

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

SintonFan_inAustin
02-03-2014, 10:24 AM
District 15 is going to be very competitive. Jourdanton is going to have a rough time in this district.

Time to start saving some vac hrs to leave early to games in district :)

SintonFan_inAustin
02-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I don't know anything about Jourdanton

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TapatalkFlour Bluff head coach just took over that program couple of weeks ago other than that no idea how good they were in 2a this past season.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 10:28 AM
About what I thought Sinton, Yoakum, Cuero, IS and Jourdanton. Except Jourdanton. Pretty solid as entire districts go.

Hi new district foes.:wave:

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Jourdanton bumps up from 2A. Was undefeated until Hallettsville thumped them in 2nd round last year. They'll be ok I think. Been awhile since they had won though. Will have a new HC this coming season.

WARHORSE84
02-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Hate that Devine and Hondo were split up!!!!!!

Snotbubbles
02-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Wimberley should have a good chance making the playoffs in this new district now.

Celina8
02-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Head West young men will be the phrase for Celina come playoffs, which I think will hepl for a much longer playoff run, but as been shown before no team will just lay down , you still have to beat the other teams. Melissa looks to me to have gotten the worst when it comes to this district alignment. Their travel will be awful and Region 2 just looks to be the strongest of all the regions in D2.

Old Green
02-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Jourdanton bumps up from 2A. Was undefeated until Hallettsville thumped them in 2nd round last year. They'll be ok I think. Been awhile since they had won though. Will have a new HC this coming season.Just looked up their record for last year. They were 9-3 and 5-1 in district before losing to Hallettsville 51-6 last year. They may be competitive next year making for a very good district.

cougartino
02-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Wow...

:1omg!: :dispntd: :helpme:

rb585
02-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Hate that Devine and Hondo were split up!!!!!!

Eh, there's one of your non-district games, plus you now have a chance to play them in the playoffs! What would attendance be for that?

marler1972
02-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Head West young men will be the phrase for Celina come playoffs, which I think will hepl for a much longer playoff run, but as been shown before no team will just lay down , you still have to beat the other teams. Melissa looks to me to have gotten the worst when it comes to this district alignment. Their travel will be awful and Region 2 just looks to be the strongest of all the regions in D2.

The boys will be ready this next year, promise you that. I will have my boy in a head lock if they are not.

rb585
02-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Wow...

Congrats to LM on their upcoming 8+ game district winning streak!

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 11:00 AM

:doh:

panther89
02-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Orange Grove headed south again. Wow. Every trip, except for West Oso, is at least 110 miles. Gonna be an interesting season. Port Isabel and Raymondville will be tough. Don't know much about Progreso or Rio Hondo.

cougartino
02-03-2014, 11:07 AM

This is not going to prepare us for the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Orange Grove headed south again. Wow. Every trip, except for West Oso, is at least 110 miles. Gonna be an interesting season. Port Isabel and Raymondville will be tough. Don't know much about Progreso or Rio Hondo.

Rio Hondo returns a good portion of their team. Should be a battle for district title between Orange Grove,Rio Hondo,Port Isabel and Raymondville. West Oso and Progreso are both on the same level so one of them will win a district game.

Roughneck93
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
This is not going to prepare us for the playoffs.

Yeah, that's no bueno.

Gone Fishing
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Wimberley should have a good chance making the playoffs in this new district now.

Thats a good one SB's .

SHSBulldog00
02-03-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm pleased with District 12.

Snotbubbles
02-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Thats a good one SB's .

You don't think WT will contend in this? Weakest district in 4A IMO. Surely they can beat Lytle. Navarro gonna smoke through this district.

Phantom Stang
02-03-2014, 11:21 AM
District 2
Fort Stockton
Lamesa
Midland
Greenwood
Monahans
Pecos
Sweetwater

waterboy
02-03-2014, 11:24 AM
You don't think WT will contend in this? Weakest district in 4A IMO. Surely they can beat Lytle. Navarro gonna smoke through this district.

I wouldn't be too sure about that being the weakest district in 4A. Good grief! Have you seen this district?

District 5

Bullard
Canton
Emory Rains
Gilmer
Melissa
Nevada Community

We go from the strongest district (the District of Doom) for the last 4 years to this district? Hmmm... I wonder if we can make the playoffs in this district...

All I can say is, I certainly hope we have a STRONG nondistrict schedule.

Aesculus gilmus
02-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I would like to see Gilmer opt up. Dr. Mark Cousins just said on the K-MAC Sports livestream that he'd gotten a couple of emails from 4A Division II schools who were wanting to opt up because of the travel burden being imposed on them by this.

This IS a damn travel burden to go to what will be blowout games in many cases (no brag, just fact).

The last time we had a district this unimpressive was in 2002-03. Rains was in that one as well. At least they HAVE improved their facilities since then. In 2002, we played in a cow pasture up there.

Snotbubbles
02-03-2014, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't be too sure about that being the weakest district in 4A. Good grief! Have you seen this district?

District 5

Bullard
Canton
Emory Rains
Gilmer
Melissa
Nevada Community

We go from the strongest district (the District of Doom) for the last 4 years to this district? Hmmm... I wonder if we can make the playoffs in this district...

All I can say is, I certainly hope we have a STRONG nondistrict schedule.

True Waterboy. The "District of Doom", now--"District of DoDo". But, D13 is weaker I think.

movethechain
02-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Gilmer got the shaft on travel as well. Two D2 teams within 15 miles and neither of them in our district. Instead the closest looks to be about 50 miles away. Looks like UIL plays blindfolded pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey when deciding district maps. Melissa and Nevada Community? Are you kidding me?

If you don't see the craziness of the UIL mapping, just look at the next district down ... Atlanta to Center, WOW.

tex_male
02-03-2014, 11:34 AM
District 2
Fort Stockton
Lamesa
Midland
Greenwood
Monahans
Pecos
Sweetwater

@Lobopressbox: Loboes to scrimmage Midland Christian & Canyon Randall... Non-District games include Andrews, Big Spring, Snyder, Lubbock Cooper, & Apline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celina8
02-03-2014, 11:36 AM
I wonder if many schools will try to schedule Saturday night games. I see the real problem for the Thursday night 7th, 8th, and JV games that have to travel longs way then go to school on Friday...Wow!

orange machine
02-03-2014, 11:37 AM
The boys will be ready this next year, promise you that. I will have my boy in a head lock if they are not.

Will you get the coaches in a head lock and tell them to please schedule some tough non district competition. I heard Denison who is up and coming will play Celina, that's not a far drive at all and would be solid competition.

waterboy
Will any of these stadiums hold a strong contingent of Buckeye fans other than Bullard? I know Rains has a newer facility, and so does Canton (if memory serves), but what's the capacity at these stadiums. Buckeye fans travel very well, usually 3 to 4 thousand even in games that will be blowouts. That'll probably change a little this year because most people can't get off work in time to travel 80+ miles to a district game that will in all likelihood be a blowout. I also don't think this helps our home attendance in that none of these teams will even come close to filling Buckeye Stadium.

Dawgs
Gilmer got the shaft on travel as well. Two D2 teams within 15 miles and neither of them in our district. Instead the closest looks to be about 50 miles away. Looks like UIL plays blindfolded pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey when deciding district maps. Melissa and Nevada Community? Are you kidding me?

If you don't see the craziness of the UIL mapping, just look at the next district down ... Atlanta to Center, WOW.

It's crazy huh? WTH are they thinking. Those 2 districts are freaking non-sense. How in the world would they put Gilmer in that district, and then Atlanta and Center in the same district. I am not a fan of these divisions at all. I counted 93 Division 1 teams...16 districts X 4 teams = 64 teams make the playoffs? 29 teams stay home? There will be some teams get beat by 100 in the first 2 rounds. This is a sad day for 3a football IMO.

Aesculus gilmus
02-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Actually, Texarkana Pleasant Grove to Center (129 miles) is considerably farther even than that trip.

Aesculus gilmus
02-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Will any of these stadiums hold a strong contingent of Buckeye fans other than Bullard? I know Rains has a newer facility, and so does Canton (if memory serves), but what's the capacity at these stadiums. Buckeye fans travel very well, usually 3 to 4 thousand even in games that will be blowouts. That'll probably change a little this year because most people can't get off work in time to travel 80+ miles to a district game that will in all likelihood be a blowout. I also don't think this helps our home attendance in that none of these teams will even come close to filling Buckeye Stadium.

Very good points. It would make a LOT of sense from an economic standpoint, both of the fans and of the school, to opt up. Bullard has just gone from the longest district road trip to tied for the shortest with Emory Rains. I always suspected the UIL would do this to us, though.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Budget in for new school buses

marler1972
02-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Budget in for new school buses

Schools may buy some nice charter like buses.

Phantom Stang
02-03-2014, 11:56 AM
District 2
Fort Stockton
Lamesa
Midland
Greenwood
Monahans
Pecos
Sweetwater
Distance from Sweetwater:
Fort Stockton 213.69 miles
Lamesa 110.84 miles
Midland Greenwood 107.88 miles (that's to The city of Midland)
Monahans 164.45 miles
Pecos 204.56 miles

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Hope we play some Saturday district games now?

Sinton 108 miles
IS 121 miles
Jourdanton 109 miles
Cuero 18 miles :)

Still like the new district though.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Distance from Sweetwater:
Fort Stockton 213.69 miles
Lamesa 110.84 miles
Midland Greenwood 107.88 miles (that's to The city of Midland)
Monahans 164.45 miles
Pecos 204.56 miles

We were tentatively scheduled to play Snyder, Lubbock High, Andrews and Breckenridge in non-district.

GobblersUnite
02-03-2014, 12:09 PM
I agree YT maybe some tough non-district games closer to home would help also...ie gonzo, vic west

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 12:11 PM
I agree YT maybe some tough non-district games closer to home would help also...ie gonzo, vic west

Not West, LOL. GZ, yes. I think we have them in week 5.

GobblersUnite
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Not West, LOL. GZ, yes. I think we have them in week 5.

Lol...I haven't seen our schedule just yet

Phantom Stang
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM

Sinton 108 miles
IS 121 miles
Jourdanton 109 miles

Still like the new district though.
Saturday? You've gotta be joking.:spitlol:
Back in the day, when Sweetwater was in the same District as Lubbock Estacado and Lubbock Dunbar, we would sometimes travel to Lubbock's Lowery Field, which is a ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SOMETHING MILE HAUL on a Thursday night!!:thumbsup:

Tejastrue
02-03-2014, 12:24 PM

I think you have a great infatuation for Wimberley. Deep inside all that snot is an abundance of envy and true love you keep hidden away.

BB BULLS
02-03-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm pleased with District 12.

welcome to the dist Bulldog we are pretty much the same as before just lost the two big schools and gained you guys. we should have a close district race.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Yoakum's Non-District Schedule/scrimmages

Scrimmage #1 - Bellville
Scrimmage #2 - Refugio
Week 1 - Marion
Week 2 - Hallettsville
Week 3 - East Bernard
Week 4 - Luling
Week 5 - Gonzales
Week 6 - LaGrange

*Cuero selected district chair

Gone Fishing
02-03-2014, 12:37 PM

Every year a little different in small schools. Wimberley will be a better team by far this year. New coaches will be better too. Hondo can always be good, Llano can have good years. I don't know much about Lytle.

BB BULLS
02-03-2014, 01:20 PM
cant wait to hear from Whartontiger about how they are going to just beat up on everyone in district 12

SHSBulldog00
02-03-2014, 01:55 PM
welcome to the dist Bulldog we are pretty much the same as before just lost the two big schools and gained you guys. we should have a close district race.

cant wait to hear from Whartontiger about how they are going to just beat up on everyone in district 12

I thought we were going to be in the same district. LM and LG were possibles instead of BR but travel wise BR was a better move.

It is extremely early but, I think it will be between the Brahma's and Dog's for the District title unless one of us slips up. Wharton and Columbus will battle for 3rd. But only two get in like in the early 90's.

TheDOCTORdre
02-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Sweetwater's going to the playoffs!

SHSBulldog00
02-03-2014, 02:03 PM
OK 4 teams from each district (I think?)

orange machine
02-03-2014, 02:25 PM

Melissa's stadium is tiny it might hold 1500 people and that pushing it. The visitors side may hold 500 tops.

Crow22
02-03-2014, 02:26 PM
OK 4 teams from each district (I think?)

4 teams go to the playoffs.

BB BULLS
02-03-2014, 02:26 PM
I thought we were going to be in the same district. LM and LG were possibles instead of BR but travel wise BR was a better move.

It is extremely early but, I think it will be between the Brahma's and Dog's for the District title unless one of us slips up. Wharton and Columbus will battle for 3rd. But only two get in like in the early 90's.

we lost almost everyone on the off. but i think we will still put up a good fight. the def should be pretty tough, think we got seven starters to return. cant wait it will be fun as always. smack, smack and more smack

orange machine
02-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Melissa's stadium is tiny it might hold 1500 people and that pushing it. The visitors side may hold 500 tops.

Here is a picture of Melissa's home side, as you can tell its very small.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1082

firstdown
02-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Will you get the coaches in a head lock and tell them to please schedule some tough non district competition. I heard Denison who is up and coming will play Celina, that's not a far drive at all and would be solid competition.

Call Argyle.

waterboy
02-03-2014, 03:03 PM

Holy crap, Batman! At least our band would fit there. Any other Buckeye fan will just have to get there 3 hours early and hope for a seat. And we just thought Daingerfield's visitor's side was small!

orange machine
02-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Call Argyle.

Everything Im hearing is Celina and Argyle are playing!

orange machine
02-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Everything Im hearing is Celina and Argyle are playing!

Also just heard Celina and Melissa have agreed to play also. Im liking the schedule a lot more from what I originally heard. Argyle is gonna be tough as heck to beat and Celina might lose and Melissa is another tough team that will take a great performance to beat. The players and coaches need these types of games. If these two teams are scheduled im proud of the coaches for stepping out and saying here we come!!:clap:

Phantom Stang
02-03-2014, 03:57 PM
We were tentatively scheduled to play Snyder, Lubbock High, Andrews and Breckenridge in non-district.
Looks good!
I'd like to see us still play Wylie though.

buckeyebob
02-03-2014, 04:12 PM

Think what it will be like for the sub-varsity on Thursday nights

Card15
02-03-2014, 04:19 PM
We are in the process of building a new stadium on the current site with new fieldhouse. Turf will replace the grass field. I am not sure of the new seating capacity though. You have to remember we were 2A just 1 1/2 years ago.

Holy crap, Batman! At least our band would fit there. Any other Buckeye fan will just have to get there 3 hours early and hope for a seat. And we just thought Daingerfield's visitor's side was small!

Card15
02-03-2014, 04:20 PM
That is good to hear.

Also just heard Celina and Melissa have agreed to play also. Im liking the schedule a lot more from what I originally heard. Argyle is gonna be tough as heck to beat and Celina might lose and Melissa is another tough team that will take a great performance to beat. The players and coaches need these types of games. If these two teams are scheduled im proud of the coaches for stepping out and saying here we come!!:clap:

buckeyebob
02-03-2014, 04:25 PM

Shades of Daingerfield Batman

Phantom Stang
02-03-2014, 04:26 PM
District 1
Bushland
Dalhart
Iowa Park
Perryton
Vernon

Perrytton to Iowa Park: 251.67 miles
Perryton to Dodge City Ks: 127.53 miles

buckeyebob
02-03-2014, 04:33 PM
We are in the process of building a new stadium on the current site with new fieldhouse. Turf will replace the grass field. I am not sure of the new seating capacity though. You have to remember we were 2A just 1 1/2 years ago.

We are 116 miles apart...at least we will be able to accommodate you...750

waterboy
02-03-2014, 04:44 PM

While I like the idea of playing different teams than what we're used to, the travel is ridiculous. Here's how far these teams are from Gilmer:

Melissa is 116 miles from Gilmer, Nevada Community is 97 miles, Canton 68, Emory Rains 52 and Bullard 52.

I could understand if we were in west Texas where schools are spread out, but we have at least seven 4A-D2 teams in the Northeast Texas region that would've made it much easier, and more cost effective. Oh, well, we'll do what we have to do. How do y'all feel about it over there in Melissa?

movethechain
02-03-2014, 04:45 PM

That looks like Union Grove's stadium.

44INAROW
02-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Yoakum's Non-District Schedule/scrimmages

Week 4 - Luling
Week 5 - Gonzales
Week 6 - LaGrange

*Cuero selected district chair

looks weird, having Luling, Gonzo and LG as non district games - we were in district with Luling and Gonzo seems like forever and LG and Bellville more recently. I haven't heard Cuero's non-district schedule yet...

Card15
02-03-2014, 04:53 PM
I agree about travel. I think most of Melissa looked to join Celina in a district. Now we are in a different district and different region. Travel will be interesting.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 04:56 PM
While I like the idea of playing different teams than what we're used to, the travel is ridiculous. Here's how far these teams are from Gilmer:

Melissa is 116 miles from Gilmer, Nevada Community is 97 miles, Canton 68, Emory Rains 52 and Bullard 52.

I could understand if we were in west Texas where schools are spread out, but we have at least seven 4A-D2 teams in the Northeast Texas region that would've made it much easier, and more cost effective. Oh, well, we'll do what we have to do. How do y'all feel about it over there in Melissa?

Hell, we travel more than that. I thought ya'll had like 200 mile trips. Your ok.

orange machine
02-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Shades of Daingerfield Batman

Brother DF's stadium is way bigger than Melissa's.

slpybear the bullfan
02-03-2014, 05:36 PM
4 teams go to the playoffs.

No.

2 advance from the Div 1 districts, and 2 advance from the Div 2 districts. I believe.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 05:41 PM
4 from each.

slpybear the bullfan
02-03-2014, 05:43 PM
District 1
Bushland
Dalhart
Iowa Park
Perryton
Vernon

Perrytton to Iowa Park: 251.67 miles
Perryton to Dodge City Ks: 127.53 miles

Dalhart would like to get in on this convo....

Dalhart to Iowa Park: 299 miles
Dalhart to Dodge City, KS:194 miles
Dalhart to Pueblo, CO: 235 miles

:thinking:

Bleed orange
02-03-2014, 05:45 PM
No. 2 from Div 1 districts, 2 from Div 2 districts. I believe.

4 from each district

WOS87
02-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Wow! Only 4 teams will NOT make the playoffs in all of Region III. The furthest WOS will have to travel is the 69 miles to Liberty. Playing HISD in the first round barring some huge LaMarque meltdown won't be too bad either. We are not complaining! :cool:

slpybear the bullfan
02-03-2014, 05:54 PM
4 from each.

Sheesh, just looked at the UIL Packet. You are correct, 4 teams each.

THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2014, 05:54 PM

THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS.

$$$$$ talks. And in today's times--all get a trophy.

WOS87
02-03-2014, 06:15 PM
How are the brackets set up with 4 teams?

D1-1st vs D2-4th
D3-2nd vs D4-3rd
D1-3rd vs D2-2nd
D3-4th vs D4-1st

D1-2nd vs D2-3rd
D3-1st vs D4-4th
D1-4th vs D2-1st
D3-3rd vs D4-2nd

That's what I would guess...

buckeyebob
02-03-2014, 06:53 PM

I saw this today

cougartino
02-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Wow! Only 4 teams will NOT make the playoffs in all of Region III. The furthest WOS will have to travel is the 69 miles to Liberty. Playing HISD in the first round barring some huge LaMarque meltdown won't be too bad either. We are not complaining! :cool:

If we meltdown in this cupcake district, I will walk down FM 1765 in my drawlz and socks sucking Jim Beam from on a baby's bottle.

buckeyebob
02-03-2014, 09:34 PM

52 miles is our farthest for years, now our closest...116 miles to Melissa...not real sure what map UIL was looking at this time...Thursday nights will be late ones

sinfan75
02-03-2014, 09:52 PM

Sinton 108 miles
IS 121 miles
Jourdanton 109 miles

Still like the new district though. I like the new district but I hope Cuero and Yoakum are split on home and away. Jourdanton is no problem and Ingleside? What ever LOL

rb585
02-03-2014, 11:05 PM
I like the new district but I hope Cuero and Yoakum are split on home and away.

I think any district supervisor with a functioning brain would do this.

Crow22
02-03-2014, 11:18 PM

THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS.
You shouldn't debate someone who knows what they're talking about.

catman
02-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Wow...

La Marque should schedule 5A teams in nondistrict and then just coast to the playoffs. Still sucks though.

cougartino
02-03-2014, 11:44 PM
La Marque should schedule 5A teams in nondistrict and then just coast to the playoffs. Still sucks though.

Check out the 2014-16 schedule thread.

slpybear the bullfan
02-04-2014, 10:31 AM
You shouldn't debate someone who knows what they're talking about.

Whatev