PDA

View Full Version : Charles Haley snubbed again!

cougartino
02-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Haley has 5 Super rings, the same number as the entire 2014 HOF class, and Ray Guy has 3 of them. Pro football HOF voting and selection has become an effin joke!

Weebe
02-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Haley has 5 Super rings, the same number as the entire 2014 HOF class, and Ray Guy has 3 of them. Pro football HOF voting and selection has become an effin joke!

Maybe because he is a lunatic.

cougartino
02-01-2014, 08:56 PM

If Lawrence Taylor got in, and OJ can stay in, Haley deserves to be in.

Bleed orange
02-01-2014, 09:05 PM

Ridiculous

Roughneck93
02-01-2014, 09:17 PM
It's sad.

Charles Haley > Aeneas Williams

bigwood33
02-01-2014, 10:51 PM
You can't treat the people who vote on things like this like crap and expect them to forget when it comes time to vote. Threatening team mates and coaches and crapping on the hood of your QB's car in the parking lot of the team facility just doesn't endear you to others. It doesn't matter what I believe, I'm just saying why he hasn't gotten in. Saying that those things shouldn't matter is just kidding yourself. They do matter.

Cam
02-01-2014, 10:53 PM

....or maybe it's cause he talks with a lisp!...or has a slightly deformed head!......:D................I loved watching him play.....

bigwood33
02-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Double post

cougartino
02-01-2014, 11:13 PM
You can't treat the people who vote on things like this like crap and expect them to forget when it comes time to vote. Threatening team mates and coaches and crapping on the hood of your QB's car in the parking lot of the team facility just doesn't endear you to others. It doesn't matter what I believe, I'm just saying why he hasn't gotten in. Saying that those things shouldn't matter is just kidding yourself. They do matter.

That's why I don't buy that "it's what you do between the lines or on the field" crap! Taylor and Irvin were cokeheads in trouble with the law. And in baseball we all know Babe Ruth was no boy scout. It's basically a who they like vote. The impact on the filed, court, diamond, or rink o longer matters. That's why this is a joke.

bigwood33
02-01-2014, 11:24 PM
The only suggestion I have for you to to calm yourself. These things usually work themselves out and I imagine that Haley will eventually get in. I would have to go back and compare his stats to those of some of his contemporaries that either have gotten in or soon will. 5 rings should not be the deciding factor though. There were several Steelers who won 4 who will never get in, even though they were starters on those teams. Let's start with L.C. Greenwood as an example. Oh, btw, if you look at their stats, "The Beautiful" Harvey Martin was better and he never gets a sniff. He played the same position and had better stats.

Old Tiger
02-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Charles haley is the Robert horry of nfl. Lot of rings and made some big plays in big game but other than that career ain't that impressive

bobcat1
02-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Charles haley is the Robert horry of nfl. Lot of rings and made some big plays in big game but other than that career ain't that impressive Exactly right. (Did I say that) I did like watching him play. He did step up in big games and get it done. Whether he gets in or not depends on how long it takes those toes he stepped on to heal.

Rabid Cougar
02-02-2014, 10:41 AM
The voters looked around and said " Oh SH*T what were we smoking? We let too many Cowboys in lately." The "Curse" resumes.

cougartino
02-02-2014, 12:24 PM
The only suggestion I have for you to to calm yourself. These things usually work themselves out and I imagine that Haley will eventually get in. I would have to go back and compare his stats to those of some of his contemporaries that either have gotten in or soon will. 5 rings should not be the deciding factor though. There were several Steelers who won 4 who will never get in, even though they were starters on those teams. Let's start with L.C. Greenwood as an example. Oh, btw, if you look at their stats, "The Beautiful" Harvey Martin was better and he never gets a sniff. He played the same position and had better stats.

Not worked up at all. Just stating facts.