01-29-2014, 06:16 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1603471

toddg
01-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Excellent assessment and pointing out the problems and pluses

Roughneck93
01-29-2014, 11:39 PM
I might have to take a sick day on Monday....:D

Also read that Fox Sports Southwest will televise UIL realignment.

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014/01/fox-sport-southwest-to-televise-uil-realignment/

YTBulldogs
01-30-2014, 02:00 AM
I might have to take a sick day on Monday....:D

Also read that Fox Sports Southwest will televise UIL realignment.

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014/01/fox-sport-southwest-to-televise-uil-realignment/

Sweet. Got the UIL big dog's to come on and talk about their thinking in forming the new districts too. This should be a well viewed program I bet. Thanks Fox Sports.

Matthew328
01-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Sweet. Got the UIL big dog's to come on and talk about their thinking in forming the new districts too. This should be a well viewed program I bet. Thanks Fox Sports.

I honestly dont think you'll get much out of it...it'll be them blowing through the alignments real quick and them throwing a few softballs to the UIL folks. That's a lot to cram into an hour show. It will be well viewed because the first 30 minutes or so the internet breaks...

From my perspective there's nothing more fun than being at one of the sites and seeing all the buzz once the alignments are announced

SHSBulldog00
01-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Is it true that the UIL already has them set and is just waiting for Monday or are they still debating?

YTBulldogs
01-30-2014, 11:52 AM
I honestly dont think you'll get much out of it...it'll be them blowing through the alignments real quick and them throwing a few softballs to the UIL folks. That's a lot to cram into an hour show. It will be well viewed because the first 30 minutes or so the internet breaks...

From my perspective there's nothing more fun than being at one of the sites and seeing all the buzz once the alignments are announced
Been to the Region Center in Victoria a few times, for realignments. But, that Region Center is too small and mighty crowded. Neat watching the coaches trying to get some ND games lined finalized. Most already have their schedules done, but--realignment always throws a wrinkle into it and a few games are needed after the announcement.

YTBulldogs
01-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Is it true that the UIL already has them set and is just waiting for Monday or are they still debating?

They are mostly set a month or so after the numbers are turned in SHS.

SHSBulldog00
01-30-2014, 11:59 AM
They are mostly set a month or so after the numbers are turned in SHS.

We should hire some janitors that work at the UIL to bug their phones and hide mic's so we can be a fly on the wall.

YTBulldogs
01-30-2014, 12:03 PM
We should hire some janitors that work at the UIL to bug their phones and hide mic's so we can be a fly on the wall.

Yeah, that would be neat. They should do a show on when they are placing the teams into districts. But, not sure UIL want's that aired. LOL.

Aesculus gilmus
01-30-2014, 04:06 PM

Tens of thousands of people who work for the NSA and its many private contractors already know all about the UIL's deliberations. They are reading what they type to each other in real time.

YTBulldogs
01-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Tens of thousands of people who work for the NSA and its many private contractors already know all about the UIL's deliberations. They are reading what they type to each other in real time.

:spitlol: You could be right AG.

1st and goal
01-30-2014, 10:51 PM
Yep, Oscar Snowden knows.

Scoop27
02-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Will it really be that tough to get on the UIL website on Monday morning to view the new info or will it be really slow trying to access it?

SHSBulldog00
02-02-2014, 11:52 AM
The Panhandle district of Pampa, Borger, Perryton and Dalhart will be split up, with Pampa and Pampa and Borger going Division I and Dalhart and Perryton going Division II.

With no other 4A schools in the area, that will likely put Pampa and Borger in a district with Estacado and Levelland, and possibly Snyder. It could also leave teams like Seminole going west with Monahans and Midland Greenwood, and Sweetwater paired with the likes of Brownwood, Abilene Wylie, Stephenville and Graham.

While it wouldn’t be new to area teams — Estacado and Levelland were paired with Borger, Dalhart and Perryton for the 2008-09/2009-10 alignment, it would mean increased travel.

“It’s nothing new, and when you’re out here in West Texas you have to be prepared for whatever the UIL decides,” Estacado coach Danny Servance said. “Honestly, I can tell you I thoroughly enjoy the district we’ve been in just because of the travel, or the lack of it.

“You try to prepare the best way you can in order to be able to handle the changes. I think it’s a big deal as far as academics are concerned. Having to travel as far as up to Borger and Perryton and those places you have to miss a half a day of school to get up there. Then having kids who are mature enough to handle that bus ride and stay focused and be able to do those type of things.”

Read Full Article (http://lonestarvarsity.com/sports-high-school/2014-02-01/west-texas-will-have-voice-trickle-down-effect-uil-realignment-2014-16#.Uu5acfldUfV)

Aesculus gilmus
02-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Yep, Oscar Snowden knows.

Well played. I had to google the name to get the joke.

LH Panther Mom
02-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Will it really be that tough to get on the UIL website on Monday morning to view the new info or will it be really slow trying to access it?
We will have it up as quickly as possible - I'd say all classifications by 9:10ish...compliments of Admin. :)

Scoop27
02-02-2014, 07:09 PM
I hope the Fox SW show just i'snt about the upper classifications