PDA

View Full Version : Location of some of the new school's?

SHSBulldog00
01-29-2014, 01:02 PM
Just wondering where some of the new school's coming online are located and what school's are they being formed from.

Here are a couple

CORPUS CHRISTI LONDON

KATY TOMPKINS

In 2016

Denton ISD will be opening a 4th HS

Alvin ISD will likely be opening it's 3rd HS (The goal for the high school is to open the new campus for the 2016-17 school year.)

What other's am I missing?

MUSTANG69
01-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Just wondering where some of the new school's coming online are located and what school's are they being formed from.

Here are a couple

CORPUS CHRISTI LONDON

KATY TOMPKINS

In 2016

Denton ISD will be opening a 4th HS

Alvin ISD will likely be opening it's 3rd HS

What other's am I missing?

London ISD has been around for a long time. It is located just west of Corpus Christi. Only recently have they added high school grades. I think they have 9th and 10th grades. Corpus Christi is gradually moving that direction so London ISD will become bigger.

Matthew328
01-29-2014, 01:19 PM
London ISD has been around for a long time. It is located just west of Corpus Christi. Only recently have they added high school grades. I think they have 9th and 10th grades. Corpus Christi is gradually moving that direction so London ISD will become bigger.

Tompkins pulled mostly from Seven Lakes
Frisco Independence is pulling from Wakeland and Centennial
Not sure where Aldine Davis is pulling from

Mission Pioneer is pulling from Sharyland
Donna North is pulling from Donna

Saggy Aggie
01-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Tompkins high school is close to cinco ranch blvd on gaston rd in katy.

Its a couple blocks northwest of the grand parkway and westpark tollway intersection.

I figured itd be pulling from CRHS, but guess not?

SHSBulldog00
01-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Pearland HS and Pearland Dawson are both at capacity and the District is looking into adding extra space before building a third HS.

Pearland ISD and Alvin ISD Comparison

Pearland ISD Enrollment 20,048 as of Dec. 9, 2013 (Pearland ISD is working with private consultants to map out its course of action after the district reaches its "build-out level" of 22,000 students)

Alvin ISD Enrollment 19,900 as of Dec. 13, 2013

Matthew328
01-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Tompkins high school is close to cinco ranch blvd on gaston rd in katy.

Its a couple blocks northwest of the grand parkway and westpark tollway intersection.

I figured itd be pulling from CRHS, but guess not?

I think they are pulling some from Cinco as well but Seven Lakes was the school that was in dire need of relief in Katy ISD

Saggy Aggie
01-29-2014, 04:05 PM
I think they are pulling some from Cinco as well but Seven Lakes was the school that was in dire need of relief in Katy ISD

Yeah I gotcha. Now that I look it up, Tompkins is actually closer to seven lakes than cinco so your definitely right.

My gf grew up not even half a mile from where Tonpkins is and she went to CRHS so I figured most people in that area went to cinco and therefore the new hs would pull from cinco, but seven lakes is really close. How long had seven lakes been around?

Fun fact: One of my coworkers wife teaches at SLHS

Scoop27
01-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Seems like Alvin's pop would be spreading to Angleton ISD in the near future. Will Angleton move to 5A in the near future?

orange machine
01-29-2014, 10:52 PM
Prosper isd is supposed to be building another high school within the next 5 years.

Twirling Time
01-30-2014, 10:58 AM
Frisco already burned through its original bond issue and will hold another election this spring to add 3 more high schools, making 11 total.

In other words, another Fort Worth headache is bubbling for the future.

SHSBulldog00
01-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Seems like Alvin's pop would be spreading to Angleton ISD in the near future. Will Angleton move to 5A in the near future?

Angleton will be in the NEW 5A. Last I heard they were around 1,900 at their HS.