PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Wells Ad/Head Coach now open.

mwrams
01-28-2014, 06:36 PM
AD/Head Coach Chuck Lawrence has been reassigned. The Rams now looking for a leader.

vtskneb
01-29-2014, 10:29 AM
AD/Head Coach Chuck Lawrence has been reassigned. The Rams now looking for a leader.

Is that the same coach that took them to the playoffs in 2005?

Matthew328
01-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Is that the same coach that took them to the playoffs in 2005?

No that was Bourquin

refereedoc
01-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Chuck came from Cisco College.

SHSBulldog00
01-29-2014, 12:00 PM
mwrams do you know if they will look inside or go outside for the hire?

Matthew328
01-29-2014, 01:21 PM
They want Brent West from Cisco bad...I can't see him leaving...I think some good young assistants are interested..I already got a call from a former Stephenville assistant who is very interested in the job and a current 4A coach who has done a ridiculous coaching job at his current gig..they are 15-15 in his 3 yrs...3 years before that they were 3-27

SHSBulldog00
01-29-2014, 01:30 PM
They want Brent West from Cisco bad...I can't see him leaving...I think some good young assistants are interested..I already got a call from a former Stephenville assistant who is very interested in the job and a current 4A coach who has done a ridiculous coaching job at his current gig..they are 15-15 in his 3 yrs...3 years before that they were 3-27

I don't think West will leave Cisco unless he wants the challenge of coaching the Rams with their new yet undetermined district.

GobblersUnite
01-29-2014, 02:09 PM
I wonder if they have thought about Charles Copeland. He was on staff at Brownwood with Freeman as the DC. He is an amazing man with defenses. He won the Tom Landry Award and I don't know if is retired or not but I know he wasn't coaching this past season that I could tell. He would be excellent.

mwrams
01-29-2014, 07:18 PM
I wonder if they have thought about Charles Copeland. He was on staff at Brownwood with Freeman as the DC. He is an amazing man with defenses. He won the Tom Landry Award and I don't know if is retired or not but I know he wasn't coaching this past season that I could tell. He would be excellent.

I really think the school borad wants a winner. With that in mind I see them going outside. Mineral Wells will probably go 4A div 1, which will put them in a very tough district. However, Their freshman team has an outstanding QB as they only lost one game last year and that was by 7 to State power house Aledo's sophmore team.

Ernest T Bass
01-29-2014, 07:50 PM
I can't see West giving Miserable Smells anything more than a middle finger after the way they did his brother. Ive never seen a place run off winning coaches like they do. Making the playoffs there almost guarantees you'll be run off. Any "winner" would be an idiot to go there

mwrams
01-29-2014, 10:50 PM
I can't see West giving Miserable Smells anything more than a middle finger after the way they did his brother. Ive never seen a place run off winning coaches like they do. Making the playoffs there almost guarantees you'll be run off. Any "winner" would be an idiot to go there

And just when did they run off a "winner" as you quote. It was one connected mother that riled on Kelly West not everyone. This is a new School Board as well as new folks in town. Lawrence has never been a winner and as a matter of fact was an awful hire. I should know I have known the man for 50 years. And just where do you get off calling MW names? When you dont even post where you are from...just sayin'

BwdLion73
01-29-2014, 10:51 PM

I'm not sure where he is now, he was at Summit Christian Academy as AD/HC a couple of years ago.

Ernest T Bass
01-30-2014, 08:03 AM
And just when did they run off a "winner" as you quote. It was one connected mother that riled on Kelly West not everyone. This is a new School Board as well as new folks in town. Lawrence has never been a winner and as a matter of fact was an awful hire. I should know I have known the man for 50 years. And just where do you get off calling MW names? When you dont even post where you are from...just sayin'

Kelly West had the first winning record and playoff trip at Miserable Smells since Moby Dick was a minnow and the idiots in town didn't want him b/c his son was a stud QB and he took the spot of a hometown kid. He was ran off when the MW crowd CHEERED when his son, the starting QB, got hurt and the hometown kid went in(supt was quoted as saying this was the deciding factor).
Bourquin made the playoffs in Miserable Smells as well(no small feat) and used to claim that he'd die while under a coaching contract. That is, until he got a taste of that place.
Lawrence also made a playoff trip or two. Still not good enough for the Lambs.
My hometown is irrelevant, considering I don't live there anymore. But, if you want to make it part of the discussion, I'm from Ennis (4 state championships, not that it matters), I'm currently a coach, and it would take $150K+ to get me to even consider taking this job.

toddg
01-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Kelly West had the first winning record and playoff trip at Miserable Smells since Moby Dick was a minnow and the idiots in town didn't want him b/c his son was a stud QB and he took the spot of a hometown kid. He was ran off when the MW crowd CHEERED when his son, the starting QB, got hurt and the hometown kid went in(supt was quoted as saying this was the deciding factor).
Bourquin made the playoffs in Miserable Smells as well(no small feat) and used to claim that he'd die while under a coaching contract. That is, until he got a taste of that place.
Lawrence also made a playoff trip or two. Still not good enough for the Lambs.
My hometown is irrelevant, considering I don't live there anymore. But, if you want to make it part of the discussion, I'm from Ennis (4 state championships, not that it matters), I'm currently a coach, and it would take $150K+ to get me to even consider taking this job.
from Ennis during their hayday? coolness! i believe Coach Dixon had a stint there as a coach..looks like they are currently headed in the right direction as a program.