PDA

View Full Version : Lock Resigns from Gonzales AD

Gontex
01-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Gonzales Cannon is reporting that Coach Lock has resigned to accept a similar position with Southside in San Antonio. Wish you well, Coach.

Old Green
01-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Gonzales Cannon is reporting that Coach Lock has resigned to accept a similar position with Southside in San Antonio. Wish you well, Coach.Good luck to Coach Lock.

YTBulldogs
01-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Yes, I too wish him well. Great coach.

rb585
01-29-2014, 08:24 AM
I can't believe anyone would quit another job to walk into that mess of crap at Southside.

Matthew328
01-29-2014, 08:41 AM
I can't believe anyone would quit another job to walk into that mess of crap at Southside.

You guys should follow me on twitter..lol I had the Gonzales newspaper beat by eight hours on that one.. ;)

My guess is Coach Lock was looking for a little more financial security now that both his children have graduated. He basically promised his wife on her death bed that their kids would finish school in Gonzales.

Crow22
01-29-2014, 08:48 AM
You guys should follow me on twitter..lol I had the Gonzales newspaper beat by eight hours on that one.. ;)

My guess is Coach Lock was looking for a little more financial security now that both his children have graduated. He basically promised his wife on her death bed that their kids would finish school in Gonzales.

Ricky is a super good dude. Everyone has their reasons for going wherever they go. I'm sure Ricky is no different. He has his reasons and I wish him well. Good luck Ricky!!! Southside kiddos will benefit from being coached by this man.

SHSBulldog00
01-29-2014, 11:58 AM

Ricky is a super good dude. Everyone has their reasons for going wherever they go. I'm sure Ricky is no different. He has his reasons and I wish him well. Good luck Ricky!!! Southside kiddos will benefit from being coached by this man.

I sure hope Coach Lock stays on the site with his new gig.

ladyapache
01-29-2014, 01:02 PM
I was very disappointed when I heard about Coach Lock's resignation. IMO, he was a great fit for Gonzales and he possessed the toughness that was needed to turn our program around and put a stop to a lot of the nonsense that took place prior to his tenure. His leadership took the Apaches to 2 out the 3 state quarterfinal appearances in the school's history....pretty impressive! Thanks Coach Lock for the exciting Friday nights in Apache Nation and best of luck in SA! If anyone can turn that program around he can!

hookandladder
01-29-2014, 02:38 PM

That should be pretty easy to do around our parts when most small town papers come out once or maybe twice a week, Coach Lock is a really solid Coach. Loves all sports, wish him well.

cr180t
01-29-2014, 02:44 PM

What is twitter..

Scoop27
01-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Gonzales and Southside are two totally different schools with different kind of students, community etc. Wish coach Lock the best with a challenging program

YTBulldogs
01-29-2014, 04:28 PM
You better win at hoops in Gtown.

Lombardi
01-30-2014, 12:04 AM
Gtown basketball talent is really lean right now and has been for a couple years.. Maybe the next coach will have 5 sons that are super hoopers.. Basketball will be average at best there!!

YTBulldogs
01-30-2014, 01:54 AM
True Lom. RL sure had a solid football program going.

hookandladder
01-30-2014, 08:26 AM
You better win at hoops in Gtown.

That's very sad to hear, Coach Lock deserves more. That would never happen at LG, I am curious how long we will be able to keep our AD/HC. A couple solid years here in LG, got to wonder with our facilities how long he will stay.

fire_it_up
01-30-2014, 02:50 PM
All of the die hard Apache fans are pretty sad to see Lock go. He taught the kids a lot about how to work through adversity and how to handle it. I wish him luck in his new position. He will be greatly missed by the Apache Nation.

YTBulldogs
01-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Who does GZ have lined up for their 4 or five ND games?

We are saddened to see our series end with the Apaches. Seem's one week of your ND schedule could of remained available for us. Nice when you don't have to travel but under 30 miles for a game. Always a well attended contest too.

Gontex
01-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Who does GZ have lined up for their 4 or five ND games?

We are saddened to see our series end with the Apaches. Seem's one week of your ND schedule could of remained available for us. Nice when you don't have to travel but under 30 miles for a game. Always a well attended contest too.

Haven't heard what the n/d schedule will look like. Obviously, you have. Really hate to see the series with the dawgs end. Always is an exciting game. Wonder if Cuero will be on the schedule.

YTBulldogs
01-30-2014, 09:22 PM
I believe Cuero is still on it. Last I heard anyways.

warpath
01-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Giddings
Cuero
Navarro
Austin crockett
Yoakum

YTBulldogs
01-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Giddings
Cuero
Navarro
Austin crockett
Yoakum

Awww, sweet Coach. Ya'll did get us in there after all. Course, all depends on new district size. Best wishes to you at Southside. Enjoyed watching your boy's play your style of game in GZ over the years.

Twirling Time
02-01-2014, 02:18 AM
I remember Coach Lock from a few years ago at Gainesville. Tough student discipline situation while he was there and he ended up going back to Gonzales.

1st and goal
02-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Giddings
Cuero
Navarro
Austin crockett
Yoakum

What stadium does Austin Crockett use?

Wish you the best of luck Coach Lock. I'm guessing San Antonio offers better options for higher education for your kids.

SHSBulldog00
02-01-2014, 11:25 AM
What stadium does Austin Crockett use?

Wish you the best of luck Coach Lock. I'm guessing San Antonio offers better options for higher education for your kids.

Austin Crockett plays at Burger Stadium.

Gontex
02-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Giddings
Cuero
Navarro
Austin crockett
Yoakum

Looks like you are still there, Dawg. That looks like a pretty tough schedule to me. Thanks for the information, Coach. Crockett should be a little more competition than Lanier was. Dawgs, Gobblers, Navarro and Giddings will definitely get the Apaches ready for a strong district.