PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Superstitious?

Bandera YaYa
05-23-2003, 02:15 PM
What superstitious things do you do for each game? (Player or fan) I wear my Dad's 1951 State Baskeball Tourney charm to each game!

3afan2K3
05-23-2003, 02:37 PM
good grief ...........

PPHSfan
05-23-2003, 02:42 PM
One of my favorites was by snotbubble back in December.

I have never gone in for that superstition stuff. Just the other day I got out of bed and tripped over my blind, three-legged dog named Lucky. As I fell, I knocked my wife's make-up mirror off of her vanity, shattering it. While picking up the pieces I noticed that our cat, Blackie, was chewing on my rabbit's foot key chain. I chased Blackie around the house and outside into the yard. As I ran under the ladder that I had left propped against the house while putting up Christmas Lights, my shoulder hit the the ladder, knocking it into the horse shoe that was hanging over the entryway, causing the shoe to fall to the ground and break. I finally caught Blackie by trapping her tail in a crack in the sidewalk with my size 14's.

As I re-entered the house the phone was ringing. It was my father telling me, that my mom had just fallen and broken her back. On the way to hospital I dropped my son off at the field house so he could get ready for that night's game. After visiting with my mom and consoling my dad, I returned home to get dressed for the game. I took a shower and put on my game underwear followed by my right sock and then my left sock. I walked around the bed twice, sat down and changed my socks to the opposite feet. I stood up, did a war whoop and walked to the closet. I put on my game jeans, put on my game shirt, and my game belt. Then I went to the hall closet a put on my game jacket, my game hat, and my game gloves. Then we drove to the stadium.

When we got there my son was in an uproar. He always gets his left ankle taped by Coach Wright and his right ankle taped by Coach Lefty. Coach Lefty was sick, so the tape jobs were all Wright's. I calmed my son down by repeating our family montra for 30 minutes. The game commenced. By some turn of misfortune we lost the coin toss and the rest went downhill from there. With all of these things going on, who has time for silly superstitions?

Mad Dawg 20/20
05-23-2003, 02:42 PM
I eat a hotdog with jalapenos before each football game.

Bandera YaYa
05-23-2003, 02:54 PM
While watching the Spurs play, if they get behind, we start playing a card game called "Golf"....wierd, huh?

Bulldogs35YaYa
05-23-2003, 03:02 PM
Yeah,Miss Ya Ya, you are just a tadbit wierd, tellin pinky I was drivin up and down main all day. Ive been at the carwash gettin ready to paint the car...you know, like football season?? So Dustin comes in today and I wished him luck tonite, and as soon as he left, I realized I made a fatal mistake by tellin him that. I NEVER told any of the boys good luck durin Football playoffs. OH MY OH MY, do ya think it will be alright or what should I do??? LMAO.....YaYa eek! :D

Bulldogs35YaYa
05-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah, by the way, how come I dont get rated, you know, with all that star business? I guess if the ruder the more stars, I better get busy to catch up! BANDERA BULLDOGS ALL THE WAY GUYS.
Ya Ya Ya!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Phil C
05-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Hey Bulldog25 I rated you a five just now since anyone as enthusiastic as you deserves it in my opinion and I think someone else had also rated you 5 before I did so I don't know why it didn't take. I only give out 5's or don't rate at all. Anyway PPHS it could have been worse because if it had been raining you might have opened your umbrella inside the house before you went out. :)

Phil C
05-23-2003, 04:36 PM
It should have been Bulldog35 instead of Bulldog25 in the last post. Sorry about the mess up.

Gobbla2001
05-23-2003, 04:45 PM
My hands have to touch something the same ammount of times before the game, but my left hand has to be the last hand to touch it, so say I touch something with my left hand first, I have to touch it with my right hand twice, then my left again so that it's an even number of ties and ending on the left hand (why I don't know)... Change this whole paragraph to past-tense not present...

I also used to sacrifice something once a week, like make a deal with God...

PPHSfan
05-23-2003, 05:29 PM
OK, I posted this one back in December, Here it is for those of you that missed it.

I have a regiment that I go through every week. Please note that this is MY superstion....get your own :p

Monday:...call other teams local paper and place a classified add. "For Sale: 1969 Camaro, Mint condition, must sell, first $500 bucks drives her home. Call (this is where I insert the other Head Coach's home phone number)

Tuesday:...send roses to the Girlfriend of the other teams Defensive End with a note "please leave that Big Ugly Moron, and come with me"..signed (here is where I insert the name of the other teams starting Quarterback)

Wedenesday:...sneak over to the other teams parking lot and start a nasty rumor about the starting Runningback being heavily recruited by Pilot Point.

Thursday:...attend the Quarterback Club breakfast..in the other town, disguised as a Pastry Chef .(I can only leave you guessing what happens here)

Friday:...sleep until four in the afternoon, get up and go to Sonic for onion rings. Attend the game.

So far I have had pretty good luck, with 24 playoff appearances in the past 25 years.....Why change a system that works?

Gobbla2001
05-23-2003, 05:42 PM
You're not the kind that goes to the other town putting 'For Sale' signs in the opposing coach's yards are you?

Keith7
05-23-2003, 07:13 PM
I always wore a shirt that had "Gainesville 1849-1999" on it, under my jersey, and i would never fix my hair on game days

PPHSfan
05-23-2003, 09:13 PM
Keith on Game Day

http://www.bpfh.net/simes/photos/people/simes/simon.jpg

District303aPastPlayer
05-23-2003, 10:19 PM
Before every game in HS... we would eat at a restaurant, then when we got back to the locker room.. we would listen to the same music, only allowed to be put on by the DJ of the locker room, me. Before the actual game... i would throw up before we went out for pregame, go back in, then sit there, wild eyed...

Bulldogs35YaYa
05-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Thank you Phil C for the shiny stars you gave me!! They sure helped brighten my nite after the ballgame I just witnessed! I am sure everyone has heard we got knocked out tonite in a one game do or die game. But I think I will let Pinky eat the crow! Its been a bad nite so I gonna catch some ZZZZ's.....Thanks again Phil!! Goodnight all! :( frown

sinton66
05-24-2003, 01:11 AM
What was the score????

Keith7
05-24-2003, 01:22 AM
PPHSfan on Game day http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1800000/images/_1800455_300yukichiafp.jpg

PPHSfan
05-24-2003, 07:54 AM
NO Fair Keith!!!

You should at least let me put my glasses on first. :D

Bulldogs35YaYa
05-24-2003, 08:40 AM
HELP!! I dont know what I am gonna talk about now that my Bulldogs are out! But I do know one thing, I am pulling for SINTON!! Win State!
Where are my fellow YaYa's at?? wink

SintonFan_inAustin
05-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Theyll be back a lost is hard to take. But Dont ever stop backing ur Team win or lose. Great Season Bulldogs.

3afan2K3
05-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Bulldogs35YaYa:
HELP!! I dont know what I am gonna talk about now that my Bulldogs are out! But I do know one thing, I am pulling for SINTON!! Win State!
Where are my fellow YaYa's at?? wink here's an idea --- NOTHING !!!

pres. ya ya ya pinky
05-24-2003, 12:11 PM
HEY BULLDOG35YAYA, I AM NOT EATING ANY CROW FROM ANYONE. I SAY WHAT I FEEL AND THATS THAT. WE GOT SCREWED BY THE UMP'S AND FALFURRIAS WAS TOO CHICKEN ........ FILL IN THE BLANK ) TO PLAY US A THREE GAME SERIES. I AM VERY PROUD OF OUR BULLDOGS AND THEY ARE NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOK.
YEAH! I'M PULLING FOR SINTON NOW. SO GO GET THOSE FALFURRIAS JERSEY'S. :) :)

pres. ya ya ya pinky
05-24-2003, 12:18 PM
HEY 3aFan2K3 IT WOULD BE PRETTY BORING ON ANY OF THESE TOPICS WITHOUT ANY OF THE YA YA'S. :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
05-24-2003, 11:12 PM
You gals are too much! :) This is a fun post, my superstition is pretty simple. I wear the same shoes. Maroon & White Adidas. (for those of you who don't know, these are Sinton's colors) I found them (that is to say, I purchased them) in NYC. I have not seen anyone else with the same pair & I get the, "where do you find those??" all the time. :D :D :D

I almost wore my sandals today because it was too hot, but then I thought, ARE YOU CRAZY?? :D Sorry, guys & gals --- this Pirate fan had too much fun in the sun. Goodnight.

P.S. It sucks not having a laptop so when staying overnight in San Antonio, I can stay connected to the downlow wink Pretty sad, I'm addicted. frown

sinton66
05-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Heh, heh, Pirate4State, what you need to do is meet and befriend some of the many Sinton fans who live in San Antonio. That way, you can arrange to "borrow" computer time from one of them. wink wink wink Thank heavens for my buddy, SintonFan.

<small>[ May 25, 2003, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Jimbotex40
05-26-2003, 04:32 PM
this superstition is for my Aggies and it just started a couple weeks ago

i always have 12 dollars and 12 cents in my Texas A&M leather wallet

this is for the 12th man, which hopefully will step it up a bit in the upcoming year