PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum/Cuero???

Gobbla2001
10-15-2002, 01:21 AM
Predictions anyone?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-15-2002, 01:59 AM
I'll take Cuero in this one.......seems like the Gobblers finally got their stuff together and are winning games. Yoakum is a good team, though, and will make it tough....but I think Cuero will pull this one out to the tune of 24-21. Besides......I hope Cuero does well because i'd LOVE to see another Cuero/Port Isabel matchup.....then I could meet Ol' Green. :D

SintonFan
10-15-2002, 02:11 AM
This is really hard to call. Cuero is better than their record indicates. Yoakum is very strong again. Putting feet to the fire, Yoakum by 7. This is one of those games I could easily eat crow (I did call a Mathis victory against Aransas Pass, hehe), though.

sinton66
10-15-2002, 06:07 AM
I've been saying all along that Cuero would bounce back sooner or later, and they appear to be doing just that. However, Yoakum is a pretty solid team, with victories over La Grange, Edna, Giddings, and Gonzales. Cuero will have to step it up a notch or two to win this one. I believe Cuero is capable, but I'm going to go with Yoakum by 3.

underware
10-15-2002, 08:25 AM
This is a very questionable game? I hope Yoakum does pull it out, but Gonzales really pounded them last week. I heard a couple of guys might be out a week or two and the kicker may be out the season? Not sure? Cuero has really come of age, though. And being at home, it doesn't look to good for the Bulldongs? I'll give it to Yoakum, anyway. Just for grins.

Pudlugger
10-15-2002, 08:27 AM
sinton66:
However, Yoakum is a pretty solid team, with victories over La Grange, Edna, Giddings, and Gonzales.I agree that Yoakum is a solid team and I favor them in this game by 14 points despite the fact that Cuero is finally playing up to their potential. (By the way Yoakum's only loss was to Edna). :cool: wink

oldbuff78
10-15-2002, 09:30 AM
Where is the game being played at?

HornetPride
10-15-2002, 10:28 AM
Yoakum 15, Cuero 14 - unless it's in Cuero, then flip a coin.

o'cowboy
10-15-2002, 10:35 AM
Sinton 66 Yoakum didn"t beat Edna, Edna beat them 38-14. Just getting the facts out.

o'cowboy
10-15-2002, 10:45 AM
Cuero impressed me when Edna traveled there even though we weren't healthy and came in overlooking them (mistake)

Cuero/Yoakum you can throw the records out on this one it is always a battle. I give Yoakum the edge, and pick them by 9.

Chris Hart
10-15-2002, 06:33 PM
Yoakum 17-Cuero 10. Good rivalry!

sinton66
10-15-2002, 06:39 PM
o'cowboy:
Sinton 66 Yoakum didn"t beat Edna, Edna beat them 38-14. Just getting the facts out.Oh, ok, I just scanned it real quick on Data Poll, and probably transposed the numbers. Apologies for the misinformation.

bd62
10-15-2002, 09:21 PM
the game is in cuero but there is never a home field advantage in this game. the last 6 yrs. they are 3-3. yoakum has won 2 out of 3 in cuero and cuero has won 2 out of 3 in yoakum. the towns are 14 miles apart and there are usually about 3000 fans apiece no matter where they play.this is a great rivarly because most the people and nearly all the players know each other.many people from yoakum work in cuero and same for cuero people working in yoakum.for example my boy played for yoakum and married a cuero girl and they live in cuero. i have a grandson that will probably play for cuero. now thats going to be hard since i am a big bulldog fan.
the game friday nite will be another great yoakum-cuero game. both teams give it there all for this game. its something special. thats what makes high school football so great.

Old Green
10-15-2002, 10:19 PM
This is the best friendly rivalry in Texas.
It is the 63rd meeting of these two teams with Cuero holding 38 wins, Yoakum 20 wins and 5 ties between them. As bd62 said their is a lot of interaction between the two towns and everyone looks forward to this game.
I predict Cuero by 4.

Gobbla2001
10-16-2002, 08:09 PM
When two-a-days start is when these teams start hating each other... The fans from one town know fans from the other, a lot are related... Baseball players from both towns play together on summer league's and all-star teams etc... The baseball players introduce their non-baseball player friends and fellow football teamates to the other baseball players etc... etc... You end up going out to dances together, going to parties with each other, but when two-a-days start, phone calls, visits, fun and friendship go out the window... It's a great rivalry, it's amazing how many fans come to these games... It's high school football at its finest...