PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young and Hard Times

Bullaholic
01-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Hate to see anyone squander their money and then have to file bankruptcy, but Vince joins many promising athletes who just threw it away...shame.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1932769-vince-young-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t3

1st and goal
01-23-2014, 05:35 PM
He claims that some guy cheated him in a loan or something. He was known for taking his entourage of homeys into pricey places and spending money like there was no shortage.

Sad. I wonder where this leaves his steakhouse?

regaleagle
01-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Not unlike many other people who hit it big in a lottery, is it? And some of them even took on financial advisors to help with tax and investment questions. I'm not blaming the financial advisor industry here, but it's best to be careful how your money is being handled by anyone. It's not just happenstance that we hear this same scenario replayed over and over again about individuals with little or no previous history of financial competence coming into large sums of money and then going broke within several years. And I'm talking about millions here, not just hundreds of thousands. It just proves that there is no limit as to how much a person can spend(or invest) or how quickly that money can disappear. It is somewhat amazing to us grovelers, lol.

hookandladder
01-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Still say it depends on who you surround yourself with, by the time you reach 20 or so if you do not know who you can trust maybe you've been hanging with the wrong crowd. Same as in high school , hang with the wrong crowd bad things will happen.

slpybear the bullfan
01-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Sad to see him wind up like this. Pasadena seems like a long time ago. :(

I highly encourage you to watch the 30 for 30: Broke. It discuss this topic in detail... it was terrific.