PDA

View Full Version : Next years college football championship game ticket prices....$2000 at Jerry's world

1st and goal
01-23-2014, 09:06 AM
Ouch!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10322091/premium-seats-college-football-playoff-championship-game-start-1899

I guess they don't want any college students there besides the players, cheerleaders and band.

Still wish they'd have at least an 8 team playoff.

Emerson1
01-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Eh. That is the price for a hospitality package. If you watch the video or read the article they say face value seats should be under $500. Last years NC were in the $350ish area.

Rabid Cougar
01-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Ouch!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10322091/premium-seats-college-football-playoff-championship-game-start-1899

I guess they don't want any college students there besides the players, cheerleaders and band.

And you are surprised? It will be no better for the fan than the Super Bowl. No problem for the $loyal$ fan though.

caleb_mccaig
01-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Ouch!

Hell, if I had $2,000 to blow I'd buy one and just resell it after the teams are decided. You could probably get between $4-5,000

Cam
01-23-2014, 12:38 PM
....pocket change.......:sleeping:

Old Tiger
01-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Ouch!

Also that isn't the student/alumni allotment.

YTBulldogs
01-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Hell, if I had $2,000 to blow I'd buy one and just resell it after the teams are decided. You could probably get between $4-5,000

Got that right. Them UT fan's will pay it to see them Horns play in it next year.

cougartino
01-23-2014, 03:25 PM
I've said it repeatedly, Jerry is a pimp when it comes to make a boatload of jack. But he's a sorry GM. I betcha the World Cup championship will be played there in the next couple of go rounds.

caleb_mccaig
01-23-2014, 03:28 PM
I've said it repeatedly, Jerry is a pimp when it comes to make a boatload of jack. But he's a sorry GM. I betcha the World Cup championship will be played there in the next couple of go rounds.

I wish! But I'm sure by 2026, if we even get that one, there will be another stadium that will trump AT&T Stadium.

cougartino
01-23-2014, 03:51 PM
I wish! But I'm sure by 2026, if we even get that one, there will be another stadium that will trump AT&T Stadium.

Jerry's not gonna be outdone. He'll have AT&T or whatever name it is by them modified with monitors even in the stalls. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if he installed pay toilets.

Txbroadcaster
01-23-2014, 04:19 PM

Jones does not set the price..NCAA does

cougartino
01-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Jones does not set the price..NCAA does

But I bet more than a nickel a seat is coming his way.

Emerson1
01-23-2014, 04:40 PM
But I bet more than a nickel a seat is coming his way.

He is probably more concerned about the $70 parking and $9 beer.

Txbroadcaster
01-23-2014, 06:37 PM
He is probably more concerned about the $70 parking and $9 beer.

parking money goes to city actually

regaleagle
01-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Some of these high-cost sporting events and even these enormous contracts being agreed upon for top athletes will eventually wane as our economy goes into a deflationary mode in the coming years.....it's just plain economics. Only the top 5% will have that kind of money, but who will buy the season tickets, the food at the concessions, the souvenirs and shirts to support the franchises that are writing these contracts when your John Q Pubic fan no longer has the extra money to spend on these unnecessary expenditures??? There will be a lowering of all costs and contracts in the coming years to keep the franchises financially viable. The wonderful times of owning a sports franchise is now over.....along with many connected businesses as our standard of living in the US begins to evaporate. Television contracts will begin to disappear, or become lowered significantly as losses in revenue mount from all the advertisers that begin cutting costs just to keep their bottom lines above water. America is on the downturn economically, and every sector of our economy will eventually feel the effects....esp. professional sports. Those owners that have the money cannot keep these franchises at this level without the support systems that are in place today.....which will quickly unwind in tandem with the unwinding of the US economy. If you are listening to MSM(main stream media) to get your information, you are not getting the real truth. Just look at the cost of groceries, gas, energy, insurance premiums, automobiles, real estate, movies, etc. etc. etc. Is this inflation or is it not??? When we get to a disinflationary(or stagflation) period like in the early 70's(maybe later this year), things will start to get very dicey. Manziel should get his contract signed asap, haha. It will be interesting to see how these franchises operate and the deals they strike in the next few years. IMO, the heyday of the huge contract for all professional athletes is already in the rear view mirror.