PDA

View Full Version : Jury duty - BOOOOOOOO

LH Panther Mom
01-23-2014, 06:08 AM
I took off work February 3 so that I could be HERE for realignment day AND to have a 3-day weekend for my hubby's birthday. The City of Liberty Hill was kind enough to send me an "invitation" for Municipal Court jury duty. Aaargh! :(

bobcat1
01-23-2014, 07:01 AM
Yuk. Municipal court? Jury trial over a ticket? That sounds so exciting. LOL

LH Panther Mom
01-23-2014, 07:12 AM
Yuk. Municipal court? Jury trial over a ticket? That sounds so exciting. LOL

Yes! I fought tickets once & won, but opted for Judge/City Atty, not jury. This is the second time I've been called for municipal court. The last time there were 7 folks who showed up...one on crutches & cast almost to knee. They needed 6 people for 2 ticket courts (really?!?) and the one on crutches had a doctor appointment so wouldn't be available for both. The rest of us had the pleasure. I can only guess it will be much the same this time. Blah!

44INAROW
01-23-2014, 09:10 AM
YUCK...... that sucks :( I've been on a JP jury for a ticket before... total waste of time..

jason
01-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Last time I got a notice for jury duty I played golf with the sitting judge the day before and he excused me :D

Rabid Cougar
01-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Yes! I fought tickets once & won, but opted for Judge/City Atty, not jury. This is the second time I've been called for municipal court. The last time there were 7 folks who showed up...one on crutches & cast almost to knee. They needed 6 people for 2 ticket courts (really?!?) and the one on crutches had a doctor appointment so wouldn't be available for both. The rest of us had the pleasure. I can only guess it will be much the same this time. Blah!

Teach you to fight the ticket and win!

coach
01-23-2014, 10:11 AM
I thought you were oing to say the Jury duty was for Bieber,

1st and goal
01-23-2014, 10:39 AM
About 7 years ago I got called in for a ticket defense, along with about 30 others. There were about 10-15 no shows and the judge slapped them all with contempt of court, fined about $100. So the court made over a $1000 off of no shows. I got released after they picked from the first 20 or so jurors.

Be_Advised
01-23-2014, 11:33 AM
A judge once told me that unless you received it by certified mail, there is no way to prove that actually received it.

Cam
01-23-2014, 11:38 AM
....I got called for jury duty......once.......:crazy1:

Ranger Mom
01-23-2014, 05:16 PM
I guess living in a small "town" but having your address show as a bigger town has it's advantages. When my husband and I got married, I guess I checked the mail at my old address one last time and put all the mail in the door pocket of my car and promptly forgot about it. It was about 6 months later before I ran across the jury summons that was in there....I panicked. I called them and told them what I had done and they told me don't worry about it, they send thousands of those summons out in hope that at least 200 will show up. They told me my name automatically went back in the hopper. I have been called up 3 times since then. First time I was excused, the second time they settled out of court and the third time I had my granddaughter, so I had an exemption!! :D

bobcat1
01-23-2014, 05:32 PM
I guess living in a small "town" but having your address show as a bigger town has it's advantages. When my husband and I got married, I guess I checked the mail at my old address one last time and put all the mail in the door pocket of my car and promptly forgot about it. It was about 6 months later before I ran across the jury summons that was in there....I panicked. I called them and told them what I had done and they told me don't worry about it, they send thousands of those summons out in hope that at least 200 will show up. They told me my name automatically went back in the hopper. I have been called up 3 times since then. First time I was excused, the second time they settled out of court and the third time I had my granddaughter, so I had an exemption!! :D
Hey there! Good to see ya Kellye

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2014, 07:42 AM
UGH! I was hoping it would be canceled but no such luck. I kind of feel bad for whoever decided to waste my time.

ronwx5x
02-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Was called for jury once when I had airfare and hotel in Cancun already paid. When I called I was told to fax in my proof and I would be put on for a later date. Never heard from anyone again!

lhpantherdad
02-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Whoever fights a ticket in LH court today, may get the book thrown at them from lhpanthermom. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Whoever fights a ticket in LH court today, may get the book thrown at them from lhpanthermom. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL! As you know, they had enough folks so I didn't get picked! Woohoo!!!!! Now I'm off to work. :(

Cam
02-03-2014, 01:29 PM
LOL! As you know, they had enough folks so I didn't get picked! Woohoo!!!!! Now I'm off to work. :(

....once they heard you were involved with the strangeness of the Downlow.....you didn't stand a chance of gettin' chosen!!.....:evillol: