PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel player considered a hidden gem

rico
01-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Port Isabel DE/LB Jacques Guillot was named one of the hidden gems still available.
http://texashsfootball.com/2014/01/20/texas-hs-football-hidden-gems-part-2/

Cam
01-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Port Isabel DE/LB Jacques Guillot was named one of the hidden gems still available.
http://texashsfootball.com/2014/01/20/texas-hs-football-hidden-gems-part-2/

....how did a Frenchman end up in south Texas?...:D......so, has he had any nibbles from any schools??...Surely, someone has noticed him..

rico
01-23-2014, 11:55 AM
....how did a Frenchman end up in south Texas?...:D......so, has he had any nibbles from any schools??...Surely, someone has noticed him..
Heard his Grandfather was from Louisiana, came to South Texas with the Shrimping industry along with several
others from Louisiana. He says several schools have contacted him. Offer from Marist College in New York, about
to visit TAMUK, but would really like to go D1 in Texas. I enjoy watching the Highlight video, his motor is always
going full speed. By the way, I really enjoy your jokes!

Cam
01-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Heard his Grandfather was from Louisiana, came to South Texas with the Shrimping industry along with several
others from Louisiana. He says several schools have contacted him. Offer from Marist College in New York, about
to visit TAMUK, but would really like to go D1 in Texas. I enjoy watching the Highlight video, his motor is always
going full speed. By the way, I really enjoy your jokes!

those dang Cajuns I'm tellin' ya....He does have a motor. Reminds me of a DE we had here back in 09-10......Hope he gets some offers...tell him to hit up Stephen F. Austin U. in Nacogdoches...They've got two of our Burnet boys there. One starting WR in Aaron Thomas. The other WR (Jordan Barnard) came in last year but was hurt so he has yet to make an impact...They both love it there I hear!....Aaron is one of my sons best friends......SFA needs kids like Guillot, they need defensive help bad!!
And thanks about the joke thing....I'm glad I can put a smile of some folks faces....cause I'd imagine I annoy the hell out of most Downlow folks!!!....hehehe......I especially love the way most of em' ignore me!!......:D

rico
01-23-2014, 01:11 PM
those dang Cajuns I'm tellin' ya....He does have a motor. Reminds me of a DE we had here back in 09-10......Hope he gets some offers...tell him to hit up Stephen F. Austin U. in Nacogdoches...They've got two of our Burnet boys there. One starting WR in Aaron Thomas. The other WR (Jordan Barnard) came in last year but was hurt so he has yet to make an impact...They both love it there I hear!....Aaron is one of my sons best friends......SFA needs kids like Guillot, they need defensive help bad!!
And thanks about the joke thing....I'm glad I can put a smile of some folks faces....cause I'd imagine I annoy the hell out of most Downlow folks!!!....hehehe......I especially love the way most of em' ignore me!!......:D
I'll pass it on to his family. Thanks.

hookandladder
01-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Looks like a good looking kid, at this time of the year he might consider looking at some JUCO schools. The recruiting process is really hard to figuire out, JUCO gives you an opportunity to get notice against some of the best talent.Good Luck to him.

Ernest T Bass
01-23-2014, 07:46 PM
Someone tell him to take the music off of his highlight video. It tends to annoy recruiters, and if it's a song that for some reason might offend a recruiter, it can cost a kid a shot. Ive heard numerous college coaches say this this past week.

rico
01-24-2014, 08:44 AM
Someone tell him to take the music off of his highlight video. It tends to annoy recruiters, and if it's a song that for some reason might offend a recruiter, it can cost a kid a shot. Ive heard numerous college coaches say this this past week.
Agree, although at least this kid didn't include lyrics. Most of the time I will mute the sound especially when
it gets in the way of enjoying the video.

rico
01-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Found the short version on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRhwVK4mkjY The music is much
better if you ask me.

Gone Fishing
01-24-2014, 03:23 PM
I disagree, music is good on the highlight videos. Doesn't make a bit a difference to a college coach or recruiter. Sounds like the kid or parents may have started late. We sent out a couple hundred videos with emails to colleges after my sons Jr year and then sent out maybe 50 or so more during his Sr year to schools that had responded big time on the first ones and or colleges he had narrowed it down to that he would want to play for. Depending on where you come from, size of school, or if you play for a losing team, can effect being noticed. You got to throw a bunch out there to have a few stick, if your in these categories. We had help from an expert (thank goodness) when my son decided he wanted to play at the next level (jr year), and I thought if you were good they will find you. Not true..... You have to be proactive now days early in your HS career, unless you happen to be a 4 or 5 star recruit.

rico
01-24-2014, 08:59 PM
I disagree, music is good on the highlight videos. Doesn't make a bit a difference to a college coach or recruiter. Sounds like the kid or parents may have started late. We sent out a couple hundred videos with emails to colleges after my sons Jr year and then sent out maybe 50 or so more during his Sr year to schools that had responded big time on the first ones and or colleges he had narrowed it down to that he would want to play for. Depending on where you come from, size of school, or if you play for a losing team, can effect being noticed. You got to throw a bunch out there to have a few stick, if your in these categories. We had help from an expert (thank goodness) when my son decided he wanted to play at the next level (jr year), and I thought if you were good they will find you. Not true..... You have to be proactive now days early in your HS career, unless you happen to be a 4 or 5 star recruit.
Where does your son play now?

Manso/V8
01-26-2014, 03:04 PM
He seems more suited for LB at the next level.
Good luck to him on his visit to TAMUK.

rico
01-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Found on page 75 of Dave Campbell's Winter Edition: Port Isabel Tarpon Jacques Guillot
was named to the top 10 list of the best Defensive End Recruits in the State of Texas all classifications. All he needs now is for one of the Coaches to take notice and give this kid
an opportunity.

Ernest T Bass
01-29-2014, 08:12 PM

Disagree all you want, you're still wrong. I talk to college recruiters EVERY SINGLE DAY. Hell, I talked to Nick Saban today and had lunch with Art Briles last week. I've heard these things directly. Music on your highlight film will NEVER help you, and has the potential to hurt you. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Gone Fishing
01-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Disagree all you want, you're still wrong. I talk to college recruiters EVERY SINGLE DAY. Hell, I talked to Nick Saban today and had lunch with Art Briles last week. I've heard these things directly. Music on your highlight film will NEVER help you, and has the potential to hurt you. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

OK, I disagree.

rico
01-30-2014, 08:39 AM
Nevermind, tried to post a picture but couldn't.

rico
01-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Jacques Guillot trying on a Texas A&M Kingsville Javelina jersey.

https://twitter.com/SoTxShowcase/status/428610481046056961/photo/1/large?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=SoTxShowcase&utm_content=428610481046056961

rico
02-04-2014, 07:16 AM
According to TX22 on 956 Sports Forum:

"TAMUK has extended an official offer to Jacques. He's going to visit ETBU, UMHB and TLU
before making his decision on where he'll be committing to."

Is TAMUK offering a full or partial scholarship? The other schools are DIII, they don't have Athletic Scholarships.
Pretty sure TAMUK is DII.

Gone Fishing
02-04-2014, 10:33 AM
According to TX22 on 956 Sports Forum:

"TAMUK has extended an official offer to Jacques. He's going to visit ETBU, UMHB and TLU
before making his decision on where he'll be committing to."

Is TAMUK offering a full or partial scholarship? The other schools are DIII, they don't have Athletic Scholarships.

Pretty sure TAMUK is DII.

They are DII. Although DII schools can break their scholarships into parts so they can get their number of players to a high level. They can add to it each spring if the player is doing great, starting, etc. The scholarships are one year and then renewed.

rico
02-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Interesting....

Manso/V8
02-04-2014, 11:09 PM
D2 schools can have a max of 36 football full ride scholarships equivalents........though some conferences put lower limits on their members. TAMUK is part of the Lone Star Conference and most if not all LSC schools are at 36 full football scholarship equivalents. Those are usually spread out among 100 or so players, some get $2,000 a year or so, most get 33%, some get more than that, and a select few, like a starting QB might get a full ride.