PDA

View Full Version : T-STEM coming to Burnet!

Cam
01-21-2014, 04:37 PM
:cheerl:.....Burnet CISD is beginning a Pre-Engineering Magnet Program at Burnet Middle School and Burnet High School for current BCISD students and out of district transfer students. (out of district transfer students must be great athletes to attend!..just kiddin'!:spitlol:) So, if anyone is considering moving to the hill country, and your kid is a sharpie, might wanna consider little ol' Burnet....T-STEM is coming to town! (Texas - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
My sister is principal of T-STEM Thomas Jefferson Early College High School. And I've had the chance to meet some of those kids. Holy cow, talk about some well prepared kiddos!! They are impressive!

http://www.bcisdmagnet.com/

Is anyone's else's school already participating in T-STEM or considering it? Burnet has scheduled meetings in February for parents and students alike.....

toddg
01-21-2014, 05:22 PM
:cheerl:.....burnet cisd is beginning a pre-engineering magnet program at burnet middle school and burnet high school for current bcisd students and out of district transfer students. (out of district transfer students must be great athletes to attend!..just kiddin'!:spitlol:) so, if anyone is considering moving to the hill country, and your kid is a sharpie, might wanna consider little ol' burnet....t-stem is coming to town! (texas - science, technology, engineering and mathematics)
my sister is principal of t-stem thomas jefferson early college high school. And i've had the chance to meet some of those kids. Holy cow, talk about some well prepared kiddos!! They are impressive!

http://www.bcisdmagnet.com/

is anyone's else's school already participating in t-stem or considering it? Burnet has scheduled meetings in february for parents and students alike.....

wow!!!

Cam
01-21-2014, 08:47 PM
wow!!!

maybe a double wow toddg....heard this afternoon if there is enough interest generated, bio-med will eventually be brought in as well....I'm sure hope so!.....One thing for sure, our new superintendent who came from Georgetown is a go getter!!

lv2937
01-21-2014, 11:37 PM
maybe a double wow toddg....heard this afternoon if there is enough interest generated, bio-med will eventually be brought in as well....I'm sure hope so!.....One thing for sure, our new superintendent who came from Georgetown is a go getter!!
Thought our new super came from a small 2 A school.Burnet showed the Brownwood Lions how to play basketball tonight. They could of scored a 100 on them if they wanted to. 63 to 23. Starters didn't play much more than a quarter.

Cam
01-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Thought our new super came from a small 2 A school.Burnet showed the Brownwood Lions how to play basketball tonight. They could of scored a 100 on them if they wanted to. 63 to 23. Starters didn't play much more than a quarter.

I think I was wrong Iv....here's where super Keith McBurnett has been:

Deputy Superintendent at Pflugerville ISD
Executive Director of Elementary Administration at Keller ISD
Elementary Principal at Hurst-Euless-Bedford I.S.D

Poor BW BB team. They are struggling for sure. That makes them 0-19 I believe.....hate to see any team not have at least some success.....those boys are probably football players waiting for football season!...."We don't play no stinkin' basketball!".....

BwdLion73
01-22-2014, 11:11 AM

Congrats on the win. Maybe you can use that chant if we play you in football next year. "We beat you in Basketball..We beat you in basketball"...

:D:D:D

Cam
01-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Congrats on the win. Maybe you can use that chant if we play you in football next year. "We beat you in Basketball..We beat you in basketball"...

:D:D:D

....that's a great idea BwdLion73.....then after the game we can add, "and football too!"......ain't gonna be no 106 yard KO return this year!!....Burnet's gonna have ya'll in a heap of trouble!!...:taunt:

BwdLion73
01-22-2014, 11:41 AM
....that's a great idea BwdLion73.....then after the game we can add, "and football too!"......ain't gonna be no 106 yard KO return this year!!....Burnet's gonna have ya'll in a heap of trouble!!...:taunt:

We will destroy you! We have too many weapons! You have no idea what is coming!

There I feel better... now carry on, that T-Stem is something to be proud of

Cam
01-28-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm excited about this Magnet program scheduled to be begin in 2014... Burnet has lost some students over the years. It's time to bring em' back! It appears our new superintendent (McBurnett) and Secondary Curriculum Director Jim Connor have been very aggressive....I like that they are bringing in programs that normally only bigger schools offer....Already I'm hearing students/parents from Austin, Lampasas, Liberty Hill, and a neighboring private school (Faith in Marble Falls?) are seeking more details about these programs. That's awesome!.....I told my 8th grader to be ready, cause he'll have more classmates challenging him academically....his goal is to finish at the top of his class....it's gonna get tougher!....I think that's great!...More good kids coming to Burnet!

http://www.dailytrib.com/2014/01/27/burnet-cisd-leads-way-students-valuable-jobs-mathscience-based-program/

Rabid Cougar
01-28-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm excited about this Magnet program scheduled to be begin in 2014... Burnet has lost some students over the years. It's time to bring em' back! It appears our new superintendent (McBurnett) and Secondary Curriculum Director Jim Connor have been very aggressive....I like that they are bringing in programs that normally only bigger schools offer....Already I'm hearing students/parents from Austin, Lampasas, Liberty Hill, and a neighboring private school (Faith in Marble Falls?) are seeking more details about these programs. That's awesome!.....I told my 8th grader to be ready, cause he'll have more classmates challenging him academically....his goal is to finish at the top of his class....it's gonna get tougher!....I think that's great!...More good kids coming to Burnet!

http://www.dailytrib.com/2014/01/27/burnet-cisd-leads-way-students-valuable-jobs-mathscience-based-program/

Better watch out for those home schooled kids that show up out of nowhere. Some of them are nasty surprises when it comes to Class Rankings.

Cam
01-28-2014, 08:32 PM
Better watch out for those home schooled kids that show up out of nowhere. Some of them are nasty surprises when it comes to Class Rankings.

What do you mean by "nasty"?......