PDA

View Full Version : Winter Olympics

Bullaholic
01-20-2014, 12:25 PM
I always enjoy the competition in the Olympics. Many "human triumph" moments and a lot of great performances by a bunch of dedicated athletes. Sure hope that the threat of terrorist acts won't cause a shutdown or loss of life. High probability of some terrorism at these Games.

caleb_mccaig
01-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Speaking of Winter Olympics, do we hold a comedic responsibility to donate and help the Jamaican Bobsled team get to Sochi? And by comedic, just think of Jamaican's trying to give post bobsled interviews in a Russian winter.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-jamaica-bobsleigh-team-to-go-sochi-2014-winter-olympics

Cam
01-20-2014, 02:44 PM
....the winter games are just too cold for me....my knuckles start crackin' and bleedin' just watchin' it on TV!!.......

YTBulldogs
01-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Think I'd stay home this go around.

lostaussie
01-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Curling...............been waiting for 4 years:D

caleb_mccaig
01-20-2014, 05:04 PM

All about who can get the most friction.

panfan
01-21-2014, 08:41 AM
I thought you needed less friction, more smooth gliding so your stroke gets more bang for its buck! :smoker: We got any physicists on here to help us out with this????

panfan
01-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Speaking of Winter Olympics, do we hold a comedic responsibility to donate and help the Jamaican Bobsled team get to Sochi? And by comedic, just think of Jamaican's trying to give post bobsled interviews in a Russian winter.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-jamaica-bobsleigh-team-to-go-sochi-2014-winter-olympics

Jamaica and bobsled - two words that don't go together.

Kinda like sober and russian

1st and goal
01-21-2014, 12:05 PM

Now you're talking. You listening Phil?

Rabid Cougar
01-21-2014, 02:23 PM
I have heard Quidditch is going to be looked at in the future.

crzyjournalist03
02-07-2014, 04:34 PM
In Soviet Russia, The Olympic Games win YOU!

jason
02-07-2014, 04:35 PM
too many events.
not enough real sports.

crzyjournalist03
02-07-2014, 04:42 PM
too many events.
not enough real sports.

I wouldn't care if it were competitive underwater basket weaving. If it's America vs. the rest of the World, I can generally find some way to get interested.

Except for figure skating. :ack!: I just can't take it...

Cam
02-07-2014, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't care if it were competitive underwater basket weaving. If it's America vs. the rest of the World, I can generally find some way to get interested.

Except for figure skating. :ack!: I just can't take it...

...if figure skating didn't exist....those guy figure skaters would be cheerleaders at hockey games!.......:D

PhiI C
02-07-2014, 05:20 PM

Probably someday in the summer Olympics.

Scoop27
02-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Love the opening ceremonies and all the pride among the countries- They do last a long time though

Roughneck93
02-07-2014, 09:54 PM
:D

http://blog.chron.com/nickanderson/wp-content/blogs.dir/1845/files/2014/02/and020614.jpg

http://blog.chron.com/nickanderson/2014/02/sochi-olympics/?cmpid=opedhphcat

Cam
02-07-2014, 10:58 PM
watchin' opening ceremonies......Putin looks constipated.....the chick sittin' next to him seems uninterested.....all the Russian chicks holding the countries signs during the march out were at least 6'5" tall!..........I still don't trust them Russian bastards!........where are all the Black people in Russia?.........the Russian flag is quite boring........who's the Asian dude sittin' next to Putin who won't wipe that silly grin off his face?....and why won't he open his eyes?...I think that dude was Wang, Rodney Daingerfields photographer in Caddyshack!!....ohh ohh...Putin is about to talk.....shoot, he spoke in Russian!......said, "Obama is a sorry sumbitch!".......somebody just turned off the lights!.......are those jelly fish?.......them long stringy lights are from the Dollar Store!!......is this a version of Avatar?..........I'll bet at least one of them spinning gals gets sick........don't those people in the crowd taking pics realize the flash will only light up the back of the heads of the people sitting in front of them?......the Olympic flag has arrived.....shouldn't they cut out one of the rings on the flag too since one of the ring lights didn't work?......I'll bet the maintenance crew forgot to put toilet paper in all the bathrooms!.......Holy Crap!...that soprano singin' chick, Anna Netrebko, got to sing with my wife's nephew, who is a very popular tenor opera singer in Europe and elsewhere...small world.........do our athletes really want to video that performance or are they just pretending?.......ohh wow, the camera just caught one athlete asleep!.........the final high note of that singer definitely shattered some eyeglasses.......commercial time.....Russians are hustling to change out light bulbs...

Cam
02-07-2014, 11:07 PM
ohh,,,it's back....more Avatar lights and thingies.....is that an image of a skater or the Pillsbury Dough Boy?........this is getting creepy....I keep waiting for Pink Floyd to pop out for a reunion concert........one of those hanging light figures looked a bit too erotic.......I wonder if there's any aliens in the stadium?.........another commercial......

Cam
02-07-2014, 11:20 PM
ohh ohh....there's that commercial again where "America the Beautiful" is sung in different languages......more rednecks just threw their beer at their TV's!!......well there it is...the Olympic flame just showed up.......how do they get so much gasoline in that small thing?......if that chick trips there's gonna be hell to pay.......hey look, it's the old Russian hockey goalie who got his arse taken out of the 1980 miracle game vs. the USA...now he's carrying the torch......shouldn't he be skating with the flame?........He just ran by a bunch of red clad demon-like people............you can make it...you can make it!!!!......aww hell, stop waving and light the dang torch already!........take that terrorists!!!....ceremonies done and you didn't touch us!.........more classical music in the stadium!..they could've at least belted out one AC/DC tune!......those were not real fireworks!.......commercial time....

Cam
02-07-2014, 11:43 PM
UFO's reported over the stadium.....they had Stephenville Yellowjacket logos on their undersides.....Cris Collingsworth is there?.....Give me a break!.....He don't do figure skating....ANOTHER COMMERCIAL?.......Do they sell Twinkies in Russia?.......Meredith Vieira is still cold..woman, get a jacket!!...this is Russia!!!........Tennis star Maria Sharapova is being interviewed....I thought tennis was a summer Olympic sport?.....Or is Ice Tennis a new Olympic sport??........Is Maria gonna flip off that big red overcoat?.......Putin is now in the bathroom!...I told ya'll he was constipated!!!....the Asian fella is still grinnin'.....Nice job Ruskies!!!!.......Ya pulled it off.......GO USA!!!.......GO MEXICO!...oh wait, the Mexicans didn't send anybody.....they used to have a curling team but were disqualified for insisting they wanted to use their own stone rocks that were shaped more like a pinto bean which weren't completely round!.....I think they would've done great....especially cause them folks can use a broom like a sumbitch!....not to worry people..I ain't being racist....my momma was from Mexico.......:crazy1:

Cam
02-07-2014, 11:54 PM

well if it becomes an Olympic sport, you can bet the Russians will find a way to cheat in that too!.......

Cam
02-07-2014, 11:55 PM
I thought you needed less friction, more smooth gliding so your stroke gets more bang for its buck! :smoker: We got any physicists on here to help us out with this????

what exactly are you talkin' about panfan??>....

Cam
02-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Love the opening ceremonies and all the pride among the countries- They do last a long time though

Where was North Korea?....I'd bet they would've been wearin' little paper mache missiles around their necks....just like some of the fake ones they use in their military parades.......

Rabid Cougar
02-08-2014, 10:14 AM
I made Cam's Olympic commentary. :wave:

YTBulldogs
02-08-2014, 11:57 AM
NBC should be ashamed with all the suck up commentary towards Puttin. Just so they get pillows and a toilet they can flush toilet paper down. Where's Dick Buttons?

Scoop27
02-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Some great Olympic events coming up tonight in prime time

Cam
02-08-2014, 09:15 PM
so, did the USA win their hockey game?.....I just woke up from a nap after driving to Waco and back.....for some reason felt tired......dang, those are gonna be some long road trips to that area when football season starts....

not even watchin' Olympics right now...Enemy At The Gates is showing....good war/sniper movie!....

1st and goal
02-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Curling is where its at! Right Phil?
I recorded the USA vs Suisse curling competition. Haven't watched it yet.
Bet some good beer gets quaffed at these competitions. :)

Bleed orange
02-09-2014, 05:59 PM
UFO's reported over the stadium.....they had Stephenville Yellowjacket logos on their undersides.....Cris Collingsworth is there?.....Give me a break!.....He don't do figure skating....ANOTHER COMMERCIAL?.......Do they sell Twinkies in Russia?.......Meredith Vieira is still cold..woman, get a jacket!!...this is Russia!!!........Tennis star Maria Sharapova is being interviewed....I thought tennis was a summer Olympic sport?.....Or is Ice Tennis a new Olympic sport??........Is Maria gonna flip off that big red overcoat?.......Putin is now in the bathroom!...I told ya'll he was constipated!!!....the Asian fella is still grinnin'.....Nice job Ruskies!!!!.......Ya pulled it off.......GO USA!!!.......GO MEXICO!...oh wait, the Mexicans didn't send anybody.....they used to have a curling team but were disqualified for insisting they wanted to use their own stone rocks that were shaped more like a pinto bean which weren't completely round!.....I think they would've done great....especially cause them folks can use a broom like a sumbitch!....not to worry people..I ain't being racist....my momma was from Mexico.......:crazy1:

You already know why Mexico sucks in the Olympics right ??

Cam
02-09-2014, 09:15 PM
You already know why Mexico sucks in the Olympics right ??

...I have no idea Bleed...please enlighten us!.....only thing i can guess is what someone on the Low once said, "they're too slow!"......

panfan
02-10-2014, 07:46 AM
what exactly are you talkin' about panfan??>....

Well, if I got to splain it to ya, then never mind.:dispntd:

D'Highlander
02-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Enemy At The Gates is showing....good war/sniper movie!....

Great movie... That lil 15 year old Russian chick who did good last night in figure skating used a song from that movie for her routine.

Bleed orange
02-10-2014, 08:12 AM
...I have no idea Bleed...please enlighten us!.....only thing i can guess is what someone on the Low once said, "they're too slow!"......

If they can run, swim, or jump they're already here. Now let the you're a racist comments start in 3..2..1

caleb_mccaig
02-10-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm just waiting for men's hockey to start. That's when it will get really interesting.

PhiI C
02-10-2014, 01:29 PM
As of right now the top five are as follows (medal count):

1. The Netherlands 7 (3 gold, 2silver, 2 bronze)
2. Norway 7 2-1-4
3. Canada 5 2-2-1
4. USA 5 2-0-3
5. Russia 5 1-2-2

Tie Breaker is decided by who has the most top medals. For example Canada and USA both have five medals but Canada has more silver medals.
Get ready for much excitement.

refereedoc
02-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Most of it is very good, but when Ice dancing pairs come on, I am brushing my teeth and going to bed, Jack!

YTBulldogs
02-10-2014, 04:40 PM
I see the good looking babes from GBR have been DQ'ed for corked rock's, in Curling. By far the hottest team in the Olympics.

Rabid Cougar
02-10-2014, 05:21 PM
QUOTE=YTBulldogs;1803228]I see the good looking babes from GBR have been DQ'ed for corked rock's, in Curling. By far the hottest team in the Olympics.[/QUOTE]

:hairpunk: say it aint so.

Scoop27
02-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Watching women's USA hockey team's game now and winning 5-0 early in second quarter

1st and goal
02-10-2014, 05:47 PM
I always liked seeing a good looking woman on her hands and knees scrubbing.

1st and goal
02-10-2014, 05:54 PM
In fact,
They could come scrub my barn floor anytime they want.

Roughneck93
02-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Hahaha, today at the Olympics.....

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/star-wars-moguls-gif.gif

Cam
02-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Hahaha, today at the Olympics.....

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/star-wars-moguls-gif.gif

:spitlol:now that would be fun to watch!........

Cam
02-12-2014, 05:29 PM
by the way...that mogul stuff.....I dislocated my knee just watchin' it!........

Cam
02-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Sochi.....Nobody's going to be Rushin there.

YTBulldogs
02-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Sup with that Weir guy, doing the "jump by jump" announcing in figure skating? I think he has curls in his hair today. He has one skate loose, I believe.

caleb_mccaig
02-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Sup with that Weir guy, doing the "jump by jump" announcing in figure skating? I think he has curls in his hair today. He has one skate loose, I believe.

I'd rather have him than some cookie-cutter commentator. I've been thoroughly entertained by him and Lipinski.

BTW, USA guys won 7-1 today against "tournament darkhorse" Slovakia. We play Russia Saturday.

PhiI C
02-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Sochi.....Nobody's going to be Rushin there.

Good one! :)

PhiI C
02-13-2014, 11:48 AM
As of right now at 2-13-13 at 10 :40 A.M. CST the USA has made considerable gain.

In first place is Norway with 13 medals - 4 Gold, 3 Silver and 6 Bronze while the Netherlands is in second with 12 at 4-3-5 and USA at third with 12 at 3-2-9. The Netherlands is in second due to one more silver medal than the USA.

In scoring the most medals determines the winner. The tie breakers depends on the type of medals. Gold is very slightly worth more than silver which is very slightly worth more than bronze.

If Country A has 5 bronze medals for a total of 5 and Country B has 4 gold medals for a total of 4 then A is ahead. But if B scores a bronze to tie A with a total of 5 then B wins the tie breaker since it has more gold. I personally give 1.02 points for Gold, 1.01 points for silver and 1.00 points for bronze and it works well with their system.

Go USA

Cam
02-13-2014, 01:15 PM
I'd rather have him than some cookie-cutter commentator. I've been thoroughly entertained by him and Lipinski.

BTW, USA guys won 7-1 today against "tournament darkhorse" Slovakia. We play Russia Saturday.

...way to ruin it for me caleb!.......:foul:.....just kiddin'.....

lostaussie
02-13-2014, 01:17 PM
We are evidently the KINGS of slopestyle.............whatever in the hell that is:thinking:

PhiI C
02-13-2014, 02:12 PM
As of right now at 2-13-13 at 10 :40 A.M. CST the USA has made considerable gain.

In first place is Norway with 13 medals - 4 Gold, 3 Silver and 6 Bronze while the Netherlands is in second with 12 at 4-3-5 and USA at third with 12 at 3-2-9. The Netherlands is in second due to one more silver medal than the USA.

In scoring the most medals determines the winner. The tie breakers depends on the type of medals. Gold is very slightly worth more than silver which is very slightly worth more than bronze.

If Country A has 5 bronze medals for a total of 5 and Country B has 4 gold medals for a total of 4 then A is ahead. But if B scores a bronze to tie A with a total of 5 then B wins the tie breaker since it has more gold. I personally give 1.02 points for Gold, 1.01 points for silver and 1.00 points for bronze and it works well with their system.

Go USA

Following close behind these top three are Russia in 4th place with 11, Germany in 5th place with 10 and Canada in 6th place with 10 so the top 6 are still close together. Currently these teams are well ahead of the rest since they are followed by Sweden with 5 medals and with 4 each are Switzerland, France and Slovernia. Of course one good or bad day can change things for any team.

BB BULLS
02-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Did you see the russia chick who unzipped uni last night with nothing on under it? Did not show much but she sure needs some sun

Cam
02-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Did you see the russia chick who unzipped uni last night with nothing on under it? Did not show much but she sure needs some sun

....there is no sun in Russia!!.....Also, I'm hearin' toilets at the Olympic village are gettin' clogged up quite often.....wonder what's goin' on?..:thinking:...:smoker:

YTBulldogs
02-13-2014, 02:51 PM
I've been thoroughly entertained by him (Weir)

I figured you would be calib. :wave: Lipinski more male than he is. She's good. You see his pink wardrobe the other day, and a ring that was below his middle knuckle?

BB BULLS
02-13-2014, 02:52 PM
....there is no sun in russia!!.....also, i'm hearin' toilets at the olympic village are gettin' clogged up quite often.....wonder what's goin' on?..:thinking:...:smoker:

well it is cold over there, it must take extra paper to clean your self. Do they use paper over there or sheep skin or something like that

Cam
02-13-2014, 03:06 PM
well it is cold over there, it must take extra paper to clean your self. Do they use paper over there or sheep skin or something like that

Sheep skin?...:eek:.......I'm guessin' polyurethane or latex....cheaper!......kids these days...gee willikers......:doh:.....how bout that figure skatin' competition?...I was on the edge of my seat!!...

YTBulldogs
02-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Sheep skin?...:eek:.......I'm guessin' polyurethane or latex....cheaper!......kids these days...gee willikers......:doh:.....how bout that figure skatin' competition?...I was on the edge of my seat!!...

LOL. Cam, You think Weir (the ice skate commentator) would like participating in the men's double luge?

BB BULLS
02-13-2014, 03:25 PM
sheep skin?...:eek:.......i'm guessin' polyurethane or latex....cheaper!......kids these days...gee willikers......:doh:.....how bout that figure skatin' competition?...i was on the edge of my seat!!...

i was so into it i would not go get another beer untill it was finished

caleb_mccaig
02-13-2014, 03:39 PM
LOL. Cam, You think Weir (the ice skate commentator) would like participating in the men's double luge?

Lol I watched double luge practice the other day at work, partly because I didn't even know it existed, just to see what it was like and I was totally surprised how two guys do that. It must be so awkward haha.

YTBulldogs
02-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Lol I watched double luge practice the other day at work, partly because I didn't even know it existed, just to see what it was like and I was totally surprised how two guys do that. It must be so awkward haha.

yeah, it's weird. And, all them hours of practice, I assume you become really close. Should have it in mixed pairs. Get more interested in joining the sport. Even some Texans trying it on the sand dunes out by Monahans.

caleb_mccaig
02-13-2014, 03:48 PM
yeah, it's weird. And, all them hours of practice, I assume you become really close. Should have it in mixed pairs. Get more interested in joining the sport. Even some Texans trying it on the sand dunes out by Monahans.

Hahahahahaha

Cam
02-13-2014, 04:46 PM

Or better yet....just let the dogs do it!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/593/xmkg.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/ghxmkgj)

...cause if you do it in mixed pairs you might create some issues....I can already see the headlines:

"Female luger breaks leg after being flipped off by partner's accidental woody!".........:doh:

Cam
02-13-2014, 05:08 PM
...so...has the curlin' started yet?.....:thinking:

Cam
02-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Choke hold!.....Sven and Tobias brawl during Olympic run after Sven accuses Tobias of cheating on him!....Both had to be separated after the run....that's the latest from this end, what's going on at the skatin' rink??....

YTBulldogs
02-13-2014, 05:25 PM
Cam, what's your scoop (not our downlow scoop person) have on those babes from the GBR Curling team? Got any photos of them un-zipping Cam? Great job reporting by the way. Hope you don't catch Bob Costa pink eye either.

Roughneck93
02-13-2014, 08:02 PM

Oops....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD0M4E8VcbU&sns=em

Roughneck93
02-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Lol, Under Armour....:foul:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304703804579381002780722432?mg=ren o64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB1000 1424052702304703804579381002780722432.html

Scoop27
02-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Have I just missed it or when an American athlete wins a gold medal, they don't show the national anthem being played with he or she wearing the gold medal? I know they did this at the summer olympics a couple of years ago

Cam
02-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Cam, what's your scoop (not our downlow scoop person) have on those babes from the GBR Curling team? Got any photos of them un-zipping Cam? Great job reporting by the way. Hope you don't catch Bob Costa pink eye either.

...all I know is that them GBR women got back on track by thoroughly whoopin' Japan.....I heard the Japanese cried foul and accused GBR of still using corked rocks....Bob Costas announced, "I don't see what the big deal is, women from GBR get to corkin' all the time!"........Not sure what ol' Bob mean't by that!......Anyways, GBR fired back at Japan by accusing them of stealing all the condoms in those little glass bowls at the Olympic village!.......Japan completely denied the accusation and threatened to sic GODZILLA on their arses!.....We could very well have an international incident brewing here....GBR has already moved warships off the coast of Japan and Brit prime minister, David Cameron, was quoted as sayin', "We'll Falkland Island your ass!"..(said with a deep British accent).....Pink Floyd ex David Gilmour, has offered that giant inflatable pig as a counter to Godzilla....said David, "My piggy can take Godzilla anytime!".......
As for Bob's pink eye.....well, that's what he gets for sticking his fingers where they don't belong, scratchin' his arse, rubbin' his eyes, and practicing poor hand washing techniques!!....
....meanwhile, I hear Putin is still constipated.....

panfan
02-14-2014, 11:00 AM
...all I know is that them GBR women got back on track by thoroughly whoopin' Japan.....I heard the Japanese cried foul and accused GBR of still using corked rocks....Bob Costas announced, "I don't see what the big deal is, women from GBR get to corkin' all the time!"........Not sure what ol' Bob mean't by that!......Anyways, GBR fired back at Japan by accusing them of stealing all the condoms in those little glass bowls at the Olympic village!.......Japan completely denied the accusation and threatened to sic GODZILLA on their arses!.....We could very well have an international incident brewing here....GBR has already moved warships off the coast of Japan and Brit prime minister, David Cameron, was quoted as sayin', "We'll Falkland Island your ass!"..(said with a deep British accent).....Pink Floyd ex David Gilmour, has offered that giant inflatable pig as a counter to Godzilla....said David, "My piggy can take Godzilla anytime!".......
As for Bob's pink eye.....well, that's what he gets for sticking his fingers where they don't belong, scratchin' his arse, rubbin' his eyes, and practicing poor hand washing techniques!!....
....meanwhile, I hear Putin is still constipated.....

We need to start a downlow fund to send CAM to the Summer Olympics as our downlow reporter on the scene. Let the pandamonium ensue. I'd give him about 24 hrs before they kicked him out of at least one of the venues.

BB BULLS
02-14-2014, 11:13 AM
We need to start a downlow fund to send CAM to the Summer Olympics as our downlow reporter on the scene. Let the pandamonium ensue. I'd give him about 24 hrs before they kicked him out of at least one of the venues.

i dont think it would take long hahahaha

PhiI C
02-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Russia has really done well the past few days and is now in first place at this time (2-16-14at 9:04 A.M. CST) at 16 medals. The USA is tied with them with 16 medals but they own the tiebreaker. Russia is mad about losing to us in hockey though. Remember if they win the gold in hockey and no other then the event is considered a success for them. About a week left and more competition left. Go USA!

Cam
02-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Russia has really done well the past few days and is now in first place at this time (2-16-14at 9:04 A.M. CST) at 16 medals. The USA is tied with them with 16 medals but they own the tiebreaker. Russia is mad about losing to us in hockey though. Remember if they win the gold in hockey and no other then the event is considered a success for them. About a week left and more competition left. Go USA!

Phil C...you'll be happy to know that the Olympic committee has agreed to consider a new sport for the next winter Olympics.....ICE QUIDDITCH!!!

refereedoc
02-17-2014, 08:59 AM
I swear if I have to watch one more triple toe loop axel, I will slam my weiner in a door. Please NBC way less figure skating!

jason
02-17-2014, 09:05 AM
I swear if I have to watch one more triple toe loop axel, I will slam my weiner in a door. Please NBC way less figure skating!
No kidding. I don't know why they show so much of it.

Cam
02-17-2014, 10:22 AM
No kidding. I don't know why they show so much of it.

....well..I have a theory, but I best not share it.....

YTBulldogs
02-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Please stop showing Weir's goofy wardrobe and hair style. Pitiful. I sure miss Dick Button's after seeing this fruit loop.

Snotbubbles
02-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Please stop showing Weir's goofy wardrobe and hair style. Pitiful. I sure miss Dick Button's after seeing this fruit loop.

I think Lipinski is embarrassed by him.

YTBulldogs
02-17-2014, 11:38 AM

Dudes got a loose skate.

Cam
02-17-2014, 11:51 AM

...on the contrary....I think Lipinski has already man-handled him!!!....:eek:

Cam
02-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Dudes got a loose skate.

skate ain't the only thing he's got loose!....

Bullaholic
02-17-2014, 11:55 AM
IMO, NBC interviewer pressed Bode Miller way too hard about his dead brother during his post-run interview. Media people need to quit sticking mikes in the faces of mad, grieving, or distraught people in mis-guided attempts to create a ratings "moment".

PhiI C
02-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Phil C...you'll be happy to know that the Olympic committee has agreed to consider a new sport for the next winter Olympics.....ICE QUIDDITCH!!!

Great news indeed!! Let's hope they also include the regular one in the summer Olympics.

PhiI C
02-17-2014, 02:23 PM
OUR ICE DANCERS GOT GOLD!!:clap:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/meryl-davis-and-charlie-white-capture-first-olympic-ice-dance-gold-medal-for-u-s-182444436.html

PhiI C
02-17-2014, 02:49 PM
As of right now 2-17-14 The USA is tied with Russia for total medals but Russia gets the tie breakers. The top standings are as follows"

1. Russia 18 (5-7-6)
2. USA 18 (5-4-9)
3. Netherlands 17
4. Norway 15
5. Canada 15
6. Germany 12
7. Sweden 9

There is still 6 days left and more medals to win. Go USA!!!!

YTBulldogs
02-17-2014, 04:51 PM
As of right now 2-17-14 The USA is tied with Russia for total medals but Russia gets the tie breakers. The top standings are as follows"

1. Russia 18 (5-7-6)
2. USA 18 (5-4-9)
3. Netherlands 17
4. Norway 15
5. Canada 15
6. Germany 12
7. Sweden 9

There is still 6 days left and more medals to win. Go USA!!!!

Thank goodness for snowboarding for the US.:rolleyes:

Roughneck93
02-17-2014, 05:25 PM

Here you go YT....:D

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19fkkc5pm13iogif/ku-xlarge.gif

Roughneck93
02-17-2014, 05:38 PM
:eek:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19g06dvrn7rxogif/ku-xlarge.gif

PhiI C
02-17-2014, 05:39 PM
I usually don't like subjective sports like ice skating dancing but when it goes our way it is ok.

YTBulldogs
02-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Here you go YT....:D

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19fkkc5pm13iogif/ku-xlarge.gif

OMG. He's cute.:doh:

YTBulldogs
02-17-2014, 11:00 PM
Cam, how about Davis and White of USA in Ice Dancing? Wow:eek:, their "twizzles" were dead on with that music tonight, huh? :cheerl: Nice first ever gold in ID.:cheerl:

Snotbubbles
02-17-2014, 11:13 PM
Is it just me, or does Ice Dancer Meryl Davis eyes look about 8" apart?

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=H.4565272329521500&pid=15.1

YTBulldogs
02-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Little wider than normal it appears.

https://s3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/0c2a778c-9fda-3b85-9323-502823bcf650

Cam
02-18-2014, 12:19 AM
Cam, how about Davis and White of USA in Ice Dancing? Wow:eek:, their "twizzles" were dead on with that music tonight, huh? :cheerl: Nice first ever gold in ID.:cheerl:

To be honest YT....I missed it cause I was at Burnet baseball game.....but I just watched the replay.....not bad..not bad....their twizzlin' is crazy good.....but the music?....well, I've never figured out who the hell picks the music!.....to me, the dancing never matches the beat.....ya might as well just play "La Cucaracha"....it just don't matter.....OK, it's time for all of us downlowers to fess up!...everybody is complaining about too much figure skating...yet, we all seem to know a lot about it...It appears we're watching it and then complaining about it afterwards.......I think the majority of us are hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.....and let's face it....you guys can't stop looking at all these skaters cause they have some of the finest pairs of legs you'll ever see on a human being!.....anyways, back to Davis and White:
First of all, Meryl Davis is not 100% human!.....her last blood test revealed red and white blood cells mixed in with green blood cells....she's got some alien in her!....and I ain't talkin' about illegal aliens....I'm talkin' the outer space type!......Rumors I've heard say she's at least 1/2 alien, with the rest of her made up of English, Irish, Scottish and German descent.....of course, she's also 1/128 Indian....cause like I've said before, every white human on this planet claims to have some Indian in them!....Folks say her eyes are too wide...but if you look closely, it's not her eyes...it's her mouth!...Her smile stretches past her eyes....and she appears to have at least eight wisdom teeth already broken through which she refuses to have taken out!.....she also has a deviated septum purposely put there to distract everyone from looking at her mouth......As for the dude (White), I hardly notice him on the ice....but let's stop kidding around here....everyone knows Charlie White is NOT Charlie White....that's really Dumb & Dumber star, Jeff Daniels!!!!......USA USA USA!!!
......and Putin is still constipated!......

Cam
02-18-2014, 12:24 AM
OMG. He's cute.:doh:

those leather pants got me feelin' "a little frisky"!!!.......

YTBulldogs
02-18-2014, 12:50 AM
To be honest YT....I missed it cause I was at Burnet baseball game.....but I just watched the replay.....not bad..not bad....their twizzlin' is crazy good.....but the music?....well, I've never figured out who the hell picks the music!.....to me, the dancing never matches the beat.....ya might as well just play "La Cucaracha"....it just don't matter.....OK, it's time for all of us downlowers to fess up!...everybody is complaining about too much figure skating...yet, we all seem to know a lot about it...It appears we're watching it and then complaining about it afterwards.......I think the majority of us are hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.....and let's face it....you guys can't stop looking at all these skaters cause they have some of the finest pairs of legs you'll ever see on a human being!.....anyways, back to Davis and White:
First of all, Meryl Davis is not 100% human!.....her last blood test revealed red and white blood cells mixed in with green blood cells....she's got some alien in her!....and I ain't talkin' about illegal aliens....I'm talkin' the outer space type!......Rumors I've heard say she's at least 1/2 alien, with the rest of her made up of English, Irish, Scottish and German descent.....of course, she's also 1/128 Indian....cause like I've said before, every white human on this planet claims to have some Indian in them!....Folks say her eyes are too wide...but if you look closely, it's not her eyes...it's her mouth!...Her smile stretches past her eyes....and she appears to have at least eight wisdom teeth already broken through which she refuses to have taken out!.....she also has a deviated septum purposely put there to distract everyone from looking at her mouth......As for the dude (White), I hardly notice him on the ice....but let's stop kidding around here....everyone knows Charlie White is NOT Charlie White....that's really Dumb & Dumber star, Jeff Daniels!!!!......USA USA USA!!!
......and Putin is still constipated!......

:2thumbsup awesome eval here. Yes, I must confess, I watch them ladies closely.

Tejastrue
02-18-2014, 01:50 AM
those leather pants got me feelin' "a little frisky"!!!.......

Careful, they just may start calling you normal...

PhiI C
02-19-2014, 10:44 AM
In a surprise Finland beat Russia in Men's Hockey 3-1. The Russians haven't been the same since they lost to the USA. This loss eliminates them from the medal round. The Russians are devastated.

YTBulldogs
02-19-2014, 01:20 PM
4 found missing from Russian club, following the Fin's game. Wonder where they went Mr. Putin? He not a happy camper when he stormed out of rink.

Roughneck93
02-19-2014, 01:39 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19g6oqztb9wl2jpg/ku-medium.jpg

PhiI C
02-19-2014, 03:12 PM
USA is now in first place as of 2:10 P.M. CST on 2-19-14. At last. There are still about 23 events left and more medals to be awarded as we are now in the last few days.

USA has 23 Medals ( 7-5-11) followed by Russia and the Netherlands (Russia wins tie beaker) . in 4th place is Norway with 20, 5th place Canada with 18 and 6th place is Germany with 15.

Go USA!

YTBulldogs
02-19-2014, 04:04 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19g6oqztb9wl2jpg/ku-medium.jpg

Vlad sad, or is that the Costas eye?

Cam
02-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Vlad sad, or is that the Costas eye?

....you may have hit the nail on the head there YT!.....It was reported that one of the custodians (a Russian local) unexpectedly caught Bob Costas and Vladimir Putin in one of the stalls of the men's restroom. Apparently, Costas was applying eye drops when Putin snuck up behind him....According to the custodian, Putin held a sickle to Costas throat while forcing him into one of the stalls where he proceeded to demand certain favors.....Costas responded by grabbing a hammer, (which someone had previously left hanging on the handicap handle...why? I have no earthly idea!) Anyways, Costas managed to whack Putin smack square...uhh, or should I say round?.....in the nuts!......It is suspected that Putin's pink eye came directly from some flying Costas tears during the brief encounter......This is definitely another case where the "Hammer & Sickle", the mighty symbol of the once powerful USSR, worked against the Ruskies!....it's a stupid symbol anyways!!.....
Ya'll can thank FOX News for reporting this incident at the Olympics...cause NBC employees are too busy getting infections and playing dress up and Meredith Viera is fumbling around trying to find outfits that match!....Which reminds me, has Lipinski & Weir broken out the feather fashions yet???:doh:
Oh, the Russian custodian is seeking asylum now!....Obama has already said, "we'll take him and you can keep Snowden I don't care anymore!".....

and why was Putin in the restroom to begin with?....well, he's still constipated!

YTBulldogs
02-19-2014, 05:42 PM
....you may have hit the nail on the head there YT!.....It was reported that one of the custodians (a Russian local) unexpectedly caught Bob Costas and Vladimir Putin in one of the stalls of the men's restroom. Apparently, Costas was applying eye drops when Putin snuck up behind him....According to the custodian, Putin held a sickle to Costas throat while forcing him into one of the stalls where he proceeded to demand certain favors.....Costas responded by grabbing a hammer, (which someone had previously left hanging on the handicap handle...why? I have no earthly idea!) Anyways, Costas managed to whack Putin smack square...uhh, or should I say round?.....in the nuts!......It is suspected that Putin's pink eye came directly from some flying Costas tears during the brief encounter......This is definitely another case where the "Hammer & Sickle", the mighty symbol of the once powerful USSR, worked against the Ruskies!....it's a stupid symbol anyways!!.....
Ya'll can thank FOX News for reporting this incident at the Olympics...cause NBC employees are too busy getting infections and playing dress up and Meredith Viera is fumbling around trying to find outfits that match!....Which reminds me, has Lipinski & Weir broken out the feather fashions yet???:doh:
Oh, the Russian custodian is seeking asylum now!....Obama has already said, "we'll take him and you can keep Snowden I don't care anymore!".....

and why was Putin in the restroom to begin with?....well, he's still constipated!

ROTFL. I hear Putin is shutting the rest of the Olympics down now. "In his teetle voice, it was reported he said, "what the puck is going on. Games are over. Stop making it snow." He ordered all the snow machines unplugged. Nukes were then transported and returned into the half pipe facilities, and the other half of the pipe was covered quickly. Scoop reported, Putin then started kicking all those dog's running around, while drinking a gulp size screwdriver. Before hitching a ride back to Moscow with a NBC film crew and Johnny Holmes Weir.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 10:01 AM
OMG, what is that golden thing Weir is wearing in his hair today? :doh: His poor parents.

Snotbubbles
02-20-2014, 10:22 AM
OMG, what is that golden thing Weir is wearing in his hair

A shower?

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 11:21 AM
A shower?

:spitlol:

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 12:42 PM
The Gold Medal Women's Hockey Game between the USA and Canada is on NBC right now. It should be a great game and war. Loser gets the Silver. Those of you who can watch it now are in for a treat. Go USA

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 12:47 PM
The Gold Medal Women's Hockey Game between the USA and Canada is on NBC right now. It should be a great game and war. Loser gets the Silver. Those of you who can watch it now are in for a treat. Go USA

:cheerl::1popcorn::cheerl:

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 01:01 PM
One 20 minute regulation period left. One goal may be enough to win it and it may come down to one on one shootout. Go USA!

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 01:10 PM
These two great teams must be playing great defense so far. They have met for gold the last four winter Olympics with the USA winning the first one and Canada winning the next 3. All the games have been competitive and close. I hope we can win this one. Go USA!

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 01:13 PM
If no one has won by the end of the third period I think they have one overtime period of ten minutes and whoever scores first wins. If no one still has won after the OT period then it is decided by the shootout. Go USA!

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 01:20 PM
The USA scores and leads 1-0!! There must not be a lot of time left. Come on USA. Let's keep playing great defense and maybe get an insurance goal. GO USA!

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 01:23 PM
I goofed. They are still in the second period so lots of time left. GO USA!

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 01:32 PM
I goofed. They are still in the second period so lots of time left. GO USA!

End of 2nd period. 1-0 USA. Hell of a a job on the defense of a 2-woman disadvantage the ladies defended again in that period too.

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 01:39 PM
End of 2nd period. 1-0 USA. Hell of a a job on the defense of a 2-woman disadvantage the ladies defended again in that period too.

Thank you YT. Hopefully we can keep playing great defense in this final quarter and maybe even get a goal or two for insurance.

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Some different great news as USA gets another gold medal as Maddie Bowman wins the Women's Halfpipe event . Great news indeed.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 01:49 PM
More news, Russian goldie found in trunk, is alive. Just hungry.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 01:50 PM
2-0 USA ladies, 18 min to go in 3rd. Yes.

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Great news indeed YT! Please keep the updates coming. Come on Ladies. Play great defense and hang on. I would like to get one more goal ahead of them if we can. Go USA!

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:02 PM
USA 2-0, with 10 min to go. Vetter, USA goalie is a bad a$$ momma. USA not being pushed around like the first game against Canada a week ago.

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Hang on USA! Thanks again for the update YT.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:11 PM
Down the stretch they come. 5:27 away from Gold.

2-0 USA

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:13 PM
2-1 USA, 3:26. Yikes.

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Down the stretch they come. 5:27 away from Gold.

2-0 USA

Canada will probably get desperate and take their goalie out of the box. Hopefully if they do it will backfire and we get an easy goal. Come on USA! Hang on!

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 02:16 PM
2-1 USA, 3:26. Yikes.

OMG! Come on Ladies! Hang on these last few minutes!

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:16 PM
under 2 min to go. Canada fixing to remove goalie. 2-1 USA.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:17 PM
1:35 to go, Canada removes goalie.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:18 PM
USA hits empty net goal post with 1:20 to go

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:18 PM
TO Canada. 1:14.

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 02:19 PM
USA hits empty net goal post with 1:20 to go

Come on Ladies! Let's get in in. Hang on to the lead though.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:20 PM
:54, Canada ties it, 2-2

Scoop27
Nerve wrecking game to watch Lets go ladies

Scoop27
Blowing a 2-0 lead and now tied

YTBulldogs
Damn it, we hit the freaking goal post on a empty net too.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:21 PM
OT, tied at 2-2. 5 min OT coming up.

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 02:23 PM
OT, tied at 2-2. 5 min OT coming up.

Man I hope they didn't blow it. Let's hope we can pull it out. Good grief! Give Canada credit for fighting. We didn't take advantage of an empty net and it may be silver again. What a letdown. Come on Ladies! Let's take it in OT.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:24 PM
I got to leave in 20 min. Come on, win this ladies.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Man I hope they didn't blow it. Let's hope we can pull it out. Good grief! Give Canada credit for fighting. We didn't take advantage of an empty net and it may be silver again. What a letdown. Come on Ladies! Let's take it in OT.

Phil, USA cleared the ice from our blue line, with Canada playing without goalie. The puck hit the freaking goal post.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Bet Canada brings the wood now. They are much stronger than us. That hurt us in the first game, being out physical by them.

Cam
02-20-2014, 02:35 PM
What does Jeremy Roenick know about hockey anyways??....:doh:

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:36 PM
OT begins. Clock is set at 20 min. First to score wins. Still tied, shoot out. Here we go.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:43 PM
13:51 in OT, USA going on power play.

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 02:49 PM
I gotta go. Sorry, Phil. Damit.

D'Highlander
02-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Canada wins...

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Shucks! Well we still get a silver medal. Too bad but you got to out play them 60 minutes not 54. Give Canada credit for fighting back but our Ladies just snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Hopefully our Men's Hockey team can beat Canada tomorrow or we will have to hear the Canadians gloat for 4 long years.

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 03:25 PM
It would have been a big help if our Ladies hadn't blown it but we still lead the Olympics with 25 Medals (8-6-11) followed by Russia with 23 and the Netherlands with 22.

Scoop27
02-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Doubt the silver medals mean that much for the women's soccer team after blowing a 2-0 lead

Cam
02-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Canada wins...

DAMMIT!....this is all your fault Greendawg!!!.....:foul:

Cam
02-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Doubt the silver medals mean that much for the women's soccer team after blowing a 2-0 lead

Hold on there one second scoop....are you sure you were watchin' hockey or were you watchin' some soccer match on Univision??......:vrycnfsd:

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 04:04 PM
It would have been a big help if our Ladies hadn't blown it but we still lead the Olympics with 25 Medals (8-6-11) followed by Russia with 23 and the Netherlands with 22.

Right behind the top three are Norway with 21 and Canada with 20. The events end in a few days on Sunday and there are only about 17 events left.

PhiI C
02-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Our Ladies Hockey team did make a try for it . Way to fight Ladies. It is disappointing but let's go for it again in 2018!

Roughneck93
02-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Canada wins...

Booooo....:thmbdwn:

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Fridays hockey game vs. Canada. Loser keeps Bieber.

Roughneck93
02-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Fridays hockey game vs. Canada. Loser keeps Bieber.

http://cbskhitschicago.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/bg7rwejcaaajdrt.jpg

YTBulldogs
02-20-2014, 08:55 PM

http://cbskhitschicago.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/bg7rwejcaaajdrt.jpg

Neat Roughneck. Hope we kick their butt now? LOL.

PhiI C
02-21-2014, 02:32 PM
With 2 days and about 10 events the top medal counts are close. The USA is in first place with 27 medals. Follows are Russia with 26, Canada with 24, Norway with 22 and the Netherlands with 22. I hope we can get in the 30s. No matter what (even with the disappointing recent Hockey losses) this has been a success for Team USA.

Roughneck93
02-22-2014, 12:15 AM
Hahaha....

Dutch speedskating coach Jillert Anema knows how the United States can improve on its Olympic 0-fer on the Sochi ovals -- stop playing sports like football.

"You have a lot of attention for foolish sport, like American football," Anema told CNBC on Friday. "You waste a lot of talent, athletic talent, in a sport where it's meant to kill each other, to injure each other."

"... (The U.S.) is so narrow-minded, and you waste a lot of good talent in a sport that sucks."

-- Jillert Anema,
Dutch speedskating coach

http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2014/speedskating/story/_/id/10498174/2014-sochi-olympics-dutch-coach-jillert-anema-says-us-focus-more-speedskating-not-football

Bleed orange
02-22-2014, 12:19 AM
Hahaha....

Dutch speedskating coach Jillert Anema knows how the United States can improve on its Olympic 0-fer on the Sochi ovals -- stop playing sports like football.

"You have a lot of attention for foolish sport, like American football," Anema told CNBC on Friday. "You waste a lot of talent, athletic talent, in a sport where it's meant to kill each other, to injure each other."

"... (The U.S.) is so narrow-minded, and you waste a lot of good talent in a sport that sucks."

-- Jillert Anema,
Dutch speedskating coach

http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2014/speedskating/story/_/id/10498174/2014-sochi-olympics-dutch-coach-jillert-anema-says-us-focus-more-speedskating-not-football

I got an idea.. How about full contact speed skating.. uSA takes gold!!

Roughneck93
02-22-2014, 12:21 AM
I got an idea.. How about full contact speed skating.. uSA takes gold!!

I like that idea.