PDA

View Full Version : The Little Engine That Could...(Desmon White- DeSoto QB)

Bullaholic
01-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Only 5'6"" and 155, but seems to defy the odds...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1911311-how-56-quarterback-desmon-white-earned-a-scholarship-from-a-big-12-school?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn15

Emerson1
01-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Not getting Big XII offers doesn't seem too crazy, but I can't believe more FCS schools or even bottom feeders like UNT didn't take a shot way before now.

Rabid Cougar
01-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Not getting Big XII offers doesn't seem too crazy, but I can't believe more FCS schools or even bottom feeders like UNT didn't take a shot way before now.

UNT a bottom feeder huh?

Lion70
01-17-2014, 05:19 PM
UNT a bottom feeder huh?

calm down its been one good year. You have 10 straight years of going to the toilet bowl.

Rabid Cougar
01-17-2014, 05:28 PM
calm down its been one good year. You have 10 straight years of going to the toilet bowl.

It was an exremely good year and one of your own was part of the turn around. The seniors that graduate this year were recruited after a 1 -10 season and it has been a steady climb for the past four years.

Yea, I take offense, specially how far this senior class has brought this team. ANY AQ Conference team would have loved to have had this years UNT defensive unit and special teams.

panfan
01-17-2014, 05:30 PM
UNT a bottom feeder huh?

If there football team was a good as their band, they would be conference champions of whatever conference they are in!!! Calm down there RC - I gradumicated from there a long time ago when their football team still sucked, along about the time they were making that movie there, necessary roughness- i think was the name. But they did have a good year last year - hope they have many more to come.

Rabid Cougar
01-18-2014, 03:12 PM
If there football team was a good as their band, they would be conference champions of whatever conference they are in!!! Calm down there RC - I gradumicated from there a long time ago when their football team still sucked, along about the time they were making that movie there, necessary roughness- i think was the name. But they did have a good year last year - hope they have many more to come.

The Band is awesome. Best college band in the land...... and I am an Aggie.

Two of White's team mates, both Dlinemen, are heading to UNT next season. UNT's next starting RB and graduating MLB from this past season are from Desoto "U".

Emerson1
01-19-2014, 07:14 PM
UNT a bottom feeder huh?

Pretty much the definition.

Rabid Cougar
01-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Pretty much the definition.

Then you have had your head up your a$$ this year.

Emerson1
01-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Then you have had your head up your a$$ this year.

Lol. One decent year doesn't make up for a decade of 0-4 win seasons. By your logic UNT is a superior program because they had one more win than Texas THIS year and finally made a bowl game after 9 years.